Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

joepeka A number of people have reported success in getting the $100 statement credit on a $500 (or more) payment on an existing booking (booked prior to 10/14). I would give it a try, I'm betting it will work for you too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes - it works - but per AMEX rep - it is a one-time only $100 credit per qualifying vendor (e.g. Princess, Carnival, etc.) - can not do multiple $500 vendor payments for additional credits

Best to simply call them and ask about their cancellation policy. Never wise to discuss details of a TA here on CC.

I'm assuming you might all those $ dollar figures I quoted, I didn't realize I thought as long as I did like others and was vague with the name it was ok. I wrote the numbers because I have Only EVER booked direct with cruise lines (I have control issues LOL) and wanted to see if I was missing something / bait and switch :eek: but tks for the heads up :)

So, the other day after we saw this Offer on our phone we activated it on our AMEX account. Today we booked a long cruise and within seconds after our cruise agent input our credit card info (while we were chatting on the phone) I received an immediate e-mail from Amex saying that the $100 credit was added to our account. Amazing!

Hank

joepeka A number of people have reported success in getting the $100 statement credit on a $500 (or more) payment on an existing booking (booked prior to 10/14). I would give it a try, I'm betting it will work for you too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes - it works - but per AMEX rep - it is a one-time only $100 credit per qualifying vendor (e.g. Princess, Carnival, etc.) - can not do multiple $500 vendor payments for additional credits

True.... I've never seen an Amex card statement credit offer that was good for more than a one-time use unless it was a dollar limit type offer (e.g. 10% off your cell phone bill up to a maximum of $30). They do have 2x's (or more) rewards points on charges with specific merchants that I believe can be used repeatedly until the offer expires.

I'm happy to hear we can apply it to an existing booking.

Has anyone had any experience with applying two offers to the same booking?

(My husband and I each have Amex cards )

If we can't we may just have to book another cruise. :p

The funny thing is that I had a VIVID dream last night about booking a Princess cruise last minute for this month or next. :D

chamima - I'm happy to hear we can apply it to an existing booking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes - just enroll on-line or call Amex for each and charge accordingly.

chamima - I'm happy to hear we can apply it to an existing booking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes - just enroll on-line or call Amex for each and charge accordingly.

So you're saying that you and your spouse each got the offer and you were both successful in applying them to one cruise.

We each got the same offer last year on Celebrity but had two cruises booked so didn't have to worry about this problem.

Edited by chamima

I am considering canceling and rebooking a cruise for next Nov., normally I wouldn't because that's a lot of trouble for $100

HOWEVER I looked on "the big box warehouse" website and it seems if I would book thru them ,I would receive a $215 OBC and a $60 OBC....so for a net gain of

(215+60+amex100-minus$55 big box membership) $330.....it totally seems worth the effort

MY QUESTION??? Is "bigbox" cancellation policy the same as princess????

The "big box" no longer accepts Amex!!!!

I'm happy to hear we can apply it to an existing booking.

If we can't we may just have to book another cruise. :p

The funny thing is that I had a VIVID dream last night about booking a Princess cruise last minute for this month or next. :D

Just bringing this back up to page one.

My husband and I each got an offer on our Amex cards and currently only have one cruise booked so want to know if anyone has successfully applied two offers to the same booking.

My husband and I each got an offer on our Amex cards and currently only have one cruise booked so want to know if anyone has successfully applied two offers to the same booking.

If the two cards are from different Amex accounts, my guess is there would be no problem.

If the two cards are tied to the same account it might work as long as you charge the minimum required to each card.

You can use both cards and receive both offers on one single cruise since the offers are independent of one another. You just have to add to each card independently and pay the required amount on one card and repeat for the second card.

Since we book our cruises so far in advance and we've seen these offers repeated every 6-12 months, we've been successful in taking advantage to our offers more than once on the same cruise as well.

I understand the post's disappointment regarding the Big Box Store that no longer accepts Amex. They have lost a lot of my business for sure. :( And I really liked them but just can save way more elsewhere now.

So, what you can do to take advantage of the offer, book and place your deposit directly through the cruiseline and then transfer your booking to that TA that no longer takes Amex. You won't be able to use a second offer if it comes up but at least you can take advantage of the offer one time. It will work out well if you really like that TA and your cruise isn't too far off in the future. Just a thought!

Yes, you can use both cards to make a payment on a single cruise! My husband and I both used the $75 off $250 last year and are going to both use the $100 off $500 for our cruise next summer!!!! The cards are two separate accounts so it should work for you!!!! Love saving some $$$!!!!

I used this on one of my cards last week, and just got confirmation from Amex of a second credit on my wife's card today. Tomorrow I will go for the hat trick with another of my cards that had the offer. [FYI: Amex will only let you take any offer once on any of the cards in your online account -- but they have no restriction on setting up multiple online accounts! So I have created a different account for each Amex card, and we sometimes get multiple versions of an offer.]

I used this on one of my cards last week, and just got confirmation from Amex of a second credit on my wife's card today. Tomorrow I will go for the hat trick with another of my cards that had the offer. [FYI: Amex will only let you take any offer once on any of the cards in your online account -- but they have no restriction on setting up multiple online accounts! So I have created a different account for each Amex card, and we sometimes get multiple versions of an offer.]

Not sure what you mean.

When I type "American Express dot com" into my browser window I get a home page for one card but the second card can be also accessed from that home page.

Do you mean your cards aren't linked that way?

Not sure what you mean.

When I type "American Express dot com" into my browser window I get a home page for one card but the second card can be also accessed from that home page.

Do you mean your cards aren't linked that way?

Correct. When I get a new Amex card I don't let the validation webpage link it to my existing Amex web login. Then I go to the Amex home page and follow the links to create a new account. Each Amex web sign-in only has 1 Amex card linked. This gives me duplicates of most of the offers, and maximizes my chances of getting the limited ones (like this one). [However, I haven't found a way to remove a second card from an account in order to give it a separate log-in. My first two accounts do share a log-in, from before I learned this trick.]

Correct. When I get a new Amex card I don't let the validation webpage link it to my existing Amex web login. Then I go to the Amex home page and follow the links to create a new account. Each Amex web sign-in only has 1 Amex card linked. This gives me duplicates of most of the offers, and maximizes my chances of getting the limited ones (like this one). [However, I haven't found a way to remove a second card from an account in order to give it a separate log-in. My first two accounts do share a log-in, from before I learned this trick.]

Thank you!

I always learn something new from Cruise Critic!

Question about the separate Amex logins and separate card accounts: are you still able to link those accounts for combining Membership Rewards points?

Okay, I found the offer (thx to poster advising to look for World's Leading Cruise Lines) and added it to my card. Applied $500 payment to preexisting booking, and got immediate email confirmation from Amex. But I don't think it says what you all think it says.

My confirmation emails gives Amex an easy out of preexisting bookings:

We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at PRINCESS CRUISES INC. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms.

I think I'll wait to see the credit before I try with DH's card

Okay, I found the offer (thx to poster advising to look for World's Leading Cruise Lines) and added it to my card. Applied $500 payment to preexisting booking, and got immediate email confirmation from Amex. But I don't think it says what you all think it says.

My confirmation emails gives Amex an easy out of preexisting bookings:

We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at PRINCESS CRUISES INC. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms.

I think I'll wait to see the credit before I try with DH's card

That boilerplate appears in all of the acknowledgement emails. I have used a similar offer in the past -- on an existing booking -- and it worked. Also my first use of this current offer showed up as a credit on my card three days after the charge. So your anxiety about your first use of the offer is misplaced. I hope to be able to confirm in a day or two that my second use, on DW's card, also came through as a credit [we have gotten the email you quoted above] -- and then will be trying the third use, with another of my cards. But one use per family on a pre-existing cruise is well known to work.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

just checked my Credit card on line and my $100 credit got posted 1 day after the $500 deposit was posted. Did it with my wife's card also, so $200 sweet.

Were both deposits for the same cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums