Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

I have two future cruises booked. One is still 9 months out and the other is over a year away. If I pay $500 on each one and then end up canceling one, will I be credited the $500? I usually pay a week before final payment is due but getting a $100 credit for a $500 purchase is worth paying early.

I read the fine print on the offer and it says one offer per card but I got the impression some of you received the credit on multiple payments on the same cruise.

thanks

No. You can only get credit one time per card. If you have multiple amex cards you need to unlink them and create their own login account and then load the offer to the additional cards to receive multiple credits.

I just had my TA apply the $500 gift card to the cruise. The offer is listed as one I have taken - so waiting to see if the credit is applied to account soon. If not, well, then, I've paid off another $500 which I'd have to do anyway, but keeping fingers crossed! So appreciate whoever posted the actual link to get the offer added to card, and what the offer was called, since it wasn't from Princess. This board does save me $$!

So if I make a $500 payment towards my existing cruise I'll get the $100 statement credit?

Will I hear anything from A/E or do I have to check my account?

Thanks!

Tom

Yes you will get the credit. You should receive an email from Amex almost immediately after you make the charge (and Princess sends the credit authorization to Amex) stating you've used your offer. The actual credit to your account can take anywhere from one to four days.

just got an offer for a pre approved Amex Blue cash everyday card - have people been able to get offer on this type of Amex? I have a final payment on Feb 26 - that one may be too late but can make a payment on another Nov cruise

I also have the Blue card & the offer is loaded on my card.

Tom😀

I just had my TA apply the $500 gift card to the cruise. The offer is listed as one I have taken - so waiting to see if the credit is Aapplied to account soon.

I'm confused. You applied a Princess gift card or you made a payment using your AMEX? Someone here already said that they bought a gift card and it did not trigger the offer. Also, I don't understand what you mean by "The offer is listed as one I have taken". Do you mean that it shows that it was added to the card?

The normal cycle is that when you make the qualifying purchase, you get an email. Then it takes a day or two (typically) for the charge to post to your account. A day or so after that the offer will show as redeemed when you go to the Offers section of the website and view the offers you'd added to your card. Then the following day the credit should post to your card.

Thanks so much for the hint about using 1 account with cards in husband's name and in wife's name. Just loaded offer to 2 more cards...Delta and SPG after giving each one in husband's name own online acct log in

still not sure if I understand this. my wife clicked on the offer so she will try to buy some obc's soon. can I just try buying some on mine or do I need to sign up for the offer. right now, she gets all the emails, etc through her number. question:

so, do I need to do something with my AMEX number? or does it work on my card from her signing up?

thanks

Guess not for Aussie cards... no matter what I tried.. :)

I emailed them asking why we couldn't get the same offer. Got the normal "thanks for your email......,will let marketing peole know of your enquiry....."

Same company, same cruiseline - think we should get the same. Is it available anywhere else outside the US?

I noticed NCL has the same offer, but not here.

still not sure if I understand this. my wife clicked on the offer so she will try to buy some obc's soon. can I just try buying some on mine or do I need to sign up for the offer. right now, she gets all the emails, etc through her number. question:

so, do I need to do something with my AMEX number? or does it work on my card from her signing up?

No, it will definitely not work on your card if only your wife signed up with her card. You need to login to your own AMEX account. If you don't have one, then register your card and create a login. Everyone with a card can have their own login and add their own AMEX Offers. The offer only applies to the specific card it's added to.

I emailed them asking why we couldn't get the same offer. Got the normal "thanks for your email......,will let marketing people know of your enquiry....."

Same company, same cruiseline - think we should get the same. Is it available anywhere else outside the US?

Do you have AMEX Offers there at all? The ones we have here are always for US companies. Given that you have to book thru a different Princess website than we do in the US, it makes sense that you would not have the same offer.

No, it will definitely not work on your card if only your wife signed up with her card. You need to login to your own AMEX account. If you don't have one, then register your card and create a login. Everyone with a card can have their own login and add their own AMEX Offers. The offer only applies to the specific card it's added to.

thanks. i will register it tonight

I also have the Blue card & the offer is loaded on my card.

Tom😀

Thank you for reply. I just applied & was approved over the phone & will get card in 2 days. Already set up online account & offer was there ready to load ! Also another offer for NCL expiring 4/30.

A question I have is this; I have final payment due on the 19th. Amount is $568. was going to use a FFC but that would mean balance is only $468 so couldn't get statement credit. Could I buy onboard credit at the same time that would bring sale up to $500? Has anyone done this?

Thank you for reply. I just applied & was approved over the phone & will get card in 2 days. Already set up online account & offer was there ready to load ! Also another offer for NCL expiring 4/30.

A question I have is this; I have final payment due on the 19th. Amount is $568. was going to use a FFC but that would mean balance is only $468 so couldn't get statement credit. Could I buy onboard credit at the same time that would bring sale up to $500? Has anyone done this?

Why not pay $568 and save the FCC for another cruise?

I was under the impression that you could only use one FCC per cruise.

Why not pay $568 and save the FCC for another cruise?

I was under the impression that you could only use one FCC per cruise.

You can use 1 FCC per person, so two per room. I'll probably end up not using it since the $100 is greater than the onboard credit I would receive..................but if I can purchase onboard credit or a gift card why not take advantage of both!

You can use 1 FCC per person, so two per room. I'll probably end up not using it since the $100 is greater than the onboard credit I would receive..................but if I can purchase onboard credit or a gift card why not take advantage of both!

That is one for each of the first two persons in a cabin as long as each person has a certificate in his/her own name.

Usually when two people are using the FCCs, it is done at the time of the original booking.

You can use additional FCCs with the name of someone who already had one applied, but it will just be for the FCC cost ($100) with no OBC added to the booking.

If you will get benefit for the FCC, apply that now.

In a day or so, can you pay $500 on your AMEX allowing the $100 rebate? I might be wrong but would that not just add a credit of $32 to your onboard account? BTW: I do understand what you are asking. It makes sense to me.

If you will get benefit for the FCC, apply that now.

In a day or so, can you pay $500 on your AMEX allowing the $100 rebate? I might be wrong but would that not just add a credit of $32 to your onboard account? BTW: I do understand what you are asking. It makes sense to me.

My husband & I both have FCC but I only applied 1 as deposit is non-refundable. If I apply the second, my balance would be $468. What I was asking, can I buy onboard credit at the same time as final payment to bring it over $500. This is the first time I did not book directly with Princess so I don't know how travel agent would handle this. I'm afraid it would be 2 separate transactions - don't know if that would trigger the $100 credit.

Got an email from Amex this morning offering Carnival corp gift cards for points $50 for 5000 points up to $500 for 50000 . Thoughts??

That would make your AMEX points worth one cent each.

Only you know if that is good for your situation or not.

Of course, you would need to book a Carnival cruise to use that gift card.