Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

I noticed this offer on one of my Amex cards over the weekend and didn't see any mention of it on this board: book a cruise with one of five of the Carnival Corp. lines (including Princess) and get a $100 statement credit for a $500 or more spend:

www.wlcl.com/amex

It has to be offered to you on your Amex card and you then have to add it to your Amex card account to use it. Valid until 4/14/2017.

Thanks again Joepeka! It all seems to have worked,

• 3 weeks later...
No, it will definitely not work on your card if only your wife signed up with her card. You need to login to your own AMEX account. If you don't have one, then register your card and create a login. Everyone with a card can have their own login and add their own AMEX Offers. The offer only applies to the specific card it's added to.

I set up an account for my husband's card which is attached to my SPG Amex. (He is secondary but has his own credit card #) I then added the offer to his card.

I just paid $ 500 with three Amex cards. So far only two show up as being credited based on the linked offer. . The second SPG card is the one that does not show up yet. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
I set up an account for my husband's card which is attached to my SPG Amex. (He is secondary but has his own credit card #) I then added the offer to his card.

I just paid $ 500 with three Amex cards. So far only two show up as being credited based on the linked offer. . The second SPG card is the one that does not show up yet. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you.

Only one per account.

• 4 weeks later...
Just purchased $500 gift card to princess and received $100 credit on my BCE.

Do you recall how you bought gift card? Another poster said they did no get credit. Also does anyone know of you buy onboard credit & don't use it all, is it refunded?

They also have another offer. If you book a hotel through there travel web site AmexTravel.com & spend $600 or more you get a $100 statement credit.

Tom😀

True, and just to elaborate a little, that offer is for pre-paid hotel bookings via the Amex Travel web site on or before 5/31/2017.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hmmm... I see it & have added to card but are the Terms & Conditions different than previous offers?

I’ve used twice in the past on bookings I had already in place via my TA—no problems & got statement credit immediately.

This time, it says: “Offer valid only for reservations booked between 2/12/18 and 5/31/18...”.

Does anyone know if this works on booking they already have in place: maybe you’ve successfully used this current offer?? We’re before final payment and would love to apply offer to that cruise as booking in 2019 is something we can’t do yet due to other cruise and travel plans.

Thanks for any insights as I really don’t like phoning a credit card company!!

Hmmm... I see it & have added to card but are the Terms & Conditions different than previous offers?

I’ve used twice in the past on bookings I had already in place via my TA—no problems & got statement credit immediately.

This time, it says: “Offer valid only for reservations booked between 2/12/18 and 5/31/18...”.

Does anyone know if this works on booking they already have in place: maybe you’ve successfully used this current offer?? We’re before final payment and would love to apply offer to that cruise as booking in 2019 is something we can’t do yet due to other cruise and travel plans.

It worked last time with the same terms and conditions. We will be trying it.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

It's backkkkkkkk! AMX offer for $100 off $500. Posted to our cards this morning.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I will check later. I had looked after the first and it wasn’t there. Passed final payment date, so I will buy some on board credit. Hoping I have the offer[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you recall how you bought gift card? Another poster said they did no get credit. Also does anyone know of you buy onboard credit & don't use it all, is it refunded?

Yes. It is refunded to your card used on board. I don’t generally travel with my Amex, so the credit goes to a different account (which works).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I added it to my card when I noticed it this morning. I put down another $500 on a previously booked cruise so will report back if it works.

If it doesn't, I'll be booking another Princess cruise before the end of July.

I added it to my card when I noticed it this morning. I put down another $500 on a previously booked cruise so will report back if it works.

If it doesn't, I'll be booking another Princess cruise before the end of July.

Your credit should appear shortly after payment is processed. At least for me it has worked that way in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the updated notice. I added it to my card. I wonder if I would get the credit if I use my card to purchase five FCDs on our cruise next week.

It should as long as it's run as one charge. Judging by everyone's posts in the past, as long as the charge comes through under Princess, it gets approved.