Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

Just finshed chatting online with an AmEx rep. I attached the email I received confirming my use of the offer. At first no record could be found, but when I showed that email I received they told me the credit would appear on my statement in 2-3 days! Yea! I will respond back when I really see that credit.

Yea!! My $100. credit just posted to my account!!! "Chatting" this morning online and attaching a copy of that email I received seemed to do the trick! Our cruise was 100% paid off through our AmEx card at the time I saw the offer, but purchasing the $500. OBC credits worked for me. So here is proof POSITIVE that it IS possible!! I had to use the link I found in this thread to get the offer in the first place.

Just finshed chatting online with an AmEx rep. I attached the email I received confirming my use of the offer. At first no record could be found, but when I showed that email I received they told me the credit would appear on my statement in 2-3 days! Yea! I will respond back when I really see that credit.

I once had a similar though much smaller credit not show up for a week or so even after the confirming e-mail. The rep I spoke with said it can take up to I think it was 90 days (which is what is says on the offers). I said it had never taken me that long to get those type of credits. She then gave me a complimentary credit equal to what I was supposed to get, and eventually the real credit (actually credits because it was done on my card and DW's card) showed up.

YEA....I finally got my $100 credit on my A/E Blue Cash Everyday Card. What’s interesting is that my cruise was booked last year outside the dates that A/E posted that you could use to qualify. I decided to make a try & see what happened.

I made a payment on the 26th & my account shows I received a $100 credit on the 28th.

My suggestion if you apply is to keep checking your account as you may get the credit.

YEA Again😁😁😁

Tom😀😁

This is good to know. I have a Princess cruise on hold and once I get some info. from another place, I'll pay the deposit and look for the credit on my account. I called Amex today to ask if there is a travel date requirement, the 2 people I spoke with said they did not see anything dictating a travel by date. Only a 'book by' date.

Is anyone else having problems with the link? I keep clicking on the link that says to create an online account. Then it says they are having technical issues. It's said that for days.
Sounds like a browser problem. Did you try a different one? And do you not already have an AMEX login?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Does the $500 need to be one time purchase?

Also, has anyone got credit by using the card to purchase future cruise credit while onboard the cruise?

Thanks,

April

It seems that yes, it can only be a 1x purchase. I checked my online account again and the offer is gone. So, used once and is no longer on my account.

The offer stated 'for a new cruise purchase', but I think I've seen people post here that they've purchased OBC and the credit worked. ???

It seems that yes, it can only be a 1x purchase. I checked my online account again and the offer is gone. So, used once and is no longer on my account.

The offer stated 'for a new cruise purchase', but I think I've seen people post here that they've purchased OBC and the credit worked. ???

I purchased my drink package and got the credit!

I made a $600 payment after adding the offer-but then realized that I had a $300 credit 3 days ago from a canx shore excursion. Anyone know if AMEX will net the $300 from the $600? They were a few days apart and the $300 was prior to adding the offer. Just wondering if I need to make an additional $500 payment--final payment is in a month, so not a big deal to make another payment.

Also both DH have an Amex card on the same account--does it matter which card is used? Can we do one on each card and each get the credit?

Elaine

Any payment prior to adding the offer to your acct does not count.

You will need to make a $500 payment affter the offer is added to the card. Either of the cards associated with the acct you added the offer to will work. You cannot use it twice unless you have 2 different accts.

We used it on our Delta AM Ex and our Platium AM Ex. With credits of $100 each posted about 72 hrs after the charge.

Does the $500 need to be one time purchase?

Also, has anyone got credit by using the card to purchase future cruise credit while onboard the cruise?

Thanks,

April

I meant to ask, if I spend $300 to pay for one cruise, and $200 for another cruise, will I get the credit?

Thanks,

April