Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

On the A/E web site it says the following about the offer “Enrollment limited. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 2/12/2018 and 5/31/2018.“

What has been other peoples experiences? My reservation was made in June of last year.

Tom[emoji41]

I think this means you must use this offer between 2/12 and 5/31/18.

I don’t think the date of the cruise matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As has been stated before in this thread, branded cards seem not to get the offer and it didn't come up on his Delta. We both got the offer for my Premier Gold card, me on my online account, he as my authorized user on his.

Thanks for your answer

I just wanted to confirm this worked for my upcoming sailing next month! I bought $500 in OBC from the website and received the $100 credit after a couple of business days.

Thanks for letting us know that this has worked. I also purchased $500 of OBC a couple of days ago and received the email but just waiting for the credit.

Am I understanding correctly that if I pay $500 of what is owed on my currently booked cruise (June 2018) with my AMEX that has the cruise offer I will get a $100 credit on my bill?

Seems to good to be true.

IF you have that offer. However, I keep looking everyday and no Carnival Offer on my Amex Delta card. :(

Not with the same card, but you can do it with different cards. For instance, the last time this was offered I charged $500 on both my card and DW's linked card. That resulted in 2 credits of $100 each.

I have a card on my husbands account. The last 5 numbers are different. Is that what you are referring to as a linked account? It would be wonderful to get credit on both cards.

By the way, our offer didnt appear until yesterday!

Cheers and thanks, Denise

I have a card on my husbands account. The last 5 numbers are different. Is that what you are referring to as a linked account? It would be wonderful to get credit on both cards.

If you have different log-in information, you can add to both cards.

so once i have this added to my card I just make a payment to princess toward the balance of the cruise and I will receive the 100 $ credit

Yup, that's how I got it, making a payment of $500 or more and the credit showed up a few days later just prior to the end of the billing period. Must be min. $500.

Yes, that is what we have. The last time the offer was available, we did just that and did get the $100 credit twice.

Thanks for the link!

We have now added this offer to our account on our DELTA AMex.

We also have a newer AMex card.

My husband is primary on both.

When I click the link, it won't let me add the offer to the second card????

Maybe it knows that these are two cards on the same account.

That link now automatically goes to the offers we have added to our DELTA card.

Is this how it worksd?

Does the system know that this is my husband, and will only add ONE offer per person?

Darn... can't get it to work...

Too bad these two cards are not completely different accounts!

I believe the offer is supposed to be for one card per cardholder.

Worth a try anyhow...

It can be fixed. Remove the second card from the login under Account Services ->

Remove Card from Online Management.

Then logoff and register the card again, but this time create a new login (same email address is fine). When you get there, you'll be able to add it to the second card.

AMEX offers are always designed to be a single use per online account. So all you need to do is have all of your cards on separate logins. Problem solved.

As for your card(s), you can register them for their own login as well since their card numbers are different. Do that and you'll be able to add the offer to each physical card that you have and use it as many times as you have card numbers.

Edited by MisterBill99