Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

On the A/E web site it says the following about the offer “Enrollment limited. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 2/12/2018 and 5/31/2018.“

What has been other peoples experiences? My reservation was made in June of last year.

Tom😎

Well, I have been successful in the past ... this time will be telling. I will keep checking and will follow up on here if successful. If not, I still have another few months to book another sailing, which I planned on doing anyway.

Still not on mine yet. I won't give up hope just yet, though ... it's only been 2 days since the charge was changed from pending to posted.

Did you use it to make a cruise payment or to buy OBC? I am curious to see if anyone has been successful in getting the credit from buying OBC in this promotion.

And when using the offer, you must use the card tied to the owner of the account, not any authorized users with their own cards.

Not necessarily true. My husband is a user on my Premier Gold and has his own online access account to which he added his card. (He has the Delta card too.) He got the offer too, today I used both cards during one call with my TA and we both got confirmatory e-mail, though I've yet to check to see if the credits posted.

Not necessarily true. My husband is a user on my Premier Gold and has his own online access account to which he added his card. (He has the Delta card too.) He got the offer too, today I used both cards during one call with my TA and we both got confirmatory e-mail, though I've yet to check to see if the credits posted.

I have the Delta card and have not received the offer. Did your husband receive it or did you receive it on a non branded card? Thanks

Not in my offers....

We have gotten it before, with a branded DELTA card... Had to cancel that cruise.

I keep hoping eventually it will pop-up again.

I don't think anyone has determined any rhyme or reason to how the offer pops-up?????

I do know that we recently got the SPG card, with 30,000. points (three free nights at a resort hotel, cash and points).

I found that I had to go thru Google, incognito, for the 30,000. offer to come up.

I have the Delta card and have not received the offer. Did your husband receive it or did you receive it on a non branded card? Thanks

As has been stated before in this thread, branded cards seem not to get the offer and it didn't come up on his Delta. We both got the offer for my Premier Gold card, me on my online account, he as my authorized user on his.

Edited by shepp

I had just posted earlier that we did get the offer on our DELTA card.

I do not think anyone has found any rhyme or reason for how the offers go out?????

Right now, on our account, it has been showing just over 50 offers.

It seems that I have seen times where it was like 80.

Some of the offers seem to come and go daily, or even hourly?

I did on last offer. No problem.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Forums mobile app

Me too. I booked OBC as I was after final payment. Credit was quick. I use a different card when I travel so leftover OBC went to that other card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. Did you purchase online or did you call Princess?

I’m curious if anyone used their A/E card for a cruise not within the dates of the offer?

Tom

This offer may be different, but the wording looks pretty familiar. I've used it several times.. always AFTER I booked the cruise. IMO, it's more of making the purchase in that window, than using it for a cruise reserved in that window. This one may be different, but the ones in the past were more driven as to when the charge hit the CC.

Can this offer be used multiple times on the same cruise? Can I pay off a $2000 balance by making 4 $500 payments and get 4 $100 credits? Thank you!
Yes, we did this for our cruise tomorrow the last time this offer came up. We have 5 different cards, made 5 $500 payments, got $100 credits in each card.

We also just bought $500 in OBC yesterday for each of us for tomororw and got the confirmation email saying we used the offer within minutes. Works great, definitely not "too good to be true". :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Can this offer be used multiple times on the same cruise? Can I pay off a $2000 balance by making 4 $500 payments and get 4 $100 credits? Thank you!

Not with the same card, but you can do it with different cards. For instance, the last time this was offered I charged $500 on both my card and DW's linked card. That resulted in 2 credits of $100 each.

Am I understanding correctly that if I pay $500 of what is owed on my currently booked cruise (June 2018) with my AMEX that has the cruise offer I will get a $100 credit on my bill?

Seems to good to be true.

Yes! You have to add the offer to your account before applying the $500 payment to your credit card, though. In my most recent experience, the credit took between 48-72 hours to post on my statement.