Celebrity prices DECREASE yet AGAIN?!?

teecee60

I got the 15 night Rome to Abu Dhabi 2a balcony a year out for $1250 Canadian that includes the crazy high taxes on that route of over $400. Didn't have to wait for final payment :) bucket list cruise for around $85 cdn a day

Hi there, I've just started a roll call, we also just booked! :)

Agree - looked at the Premium package for Rome to Abu Dhabi and it's over $1,500 cdn per person :eek::eek: I'm hoping they have the 30% off sale like they did in August.

Hope you have an amazing trip though! That sounds super awesome.

We are also on the 12/11 10 day sailing on the Eclipse. Booked about 6 months ago, and even then thought it was a great price. We have $350 OBC and the drink package for both. I also see the insane price drops but I like to choose my cabin and mostly all of these prices are guarantees. From what I see the perks are pretty limited as well. We were in Concierge on our last cruise and I wouldn't do it again unless it was the same price and I could pick my cabin. I didn't see any big difference from Concierge to a regular balcony. We are mid-deck, mid-ship and that's where I'm happy. Granted some great deals out there

Im thinking 200$ of that is shareholder credit...from owning rccl stock

Please check my original post...

On the 11 December Eclipse cruise for $499pp... there is $50 OBC from the agency AND another $200 OBC from the shareholder benefit.

On the 21 December Eclipse cruise for $749pp... there is $250 OBC from the agency AND another $200 OBC from the shareholder benefit.

These agencies do such a HUGE volume of sales they can and regularly do offer what many people consider to be unbelievable amounts of OBC.

My last booking was during the "annual firecracker cruise sale" I got a 14 night transatlantic for April of 2017 in an ocean view cabin for $699pp with $250 OBC from the shareholder benefit, AND another $300 OBC from the agency.

So ... does this mean that the rest of us [who don't know about this Agency That Shall Not Be Named] can't actually get these deals you have posted about? Your original post made it sound like this offer was from Celebrity -- quite a bit different IMHO.

No, that is most definitely NOT what it means. ANYONE in the US and Canada can book at these prices... which are quite often LOWER than the prices offered by the cruise lines... in spite of MANY people who still FALSLY believe that this situation is "not permitted." Try a search for "discounted cruises" or "90 day ticker."

Whether anyone believes it or not... booking directly with the cruise line almost always guarantees that you will pay more.

A Princess rep once told me they could/would NOT match the agency price I got on a 14 night Alaskan cruise... $799pp with $500 OBC. :cool:

Edited by teecee60

A Princess rep once told me they could/would NOT match the agency price I got on a 14 night Alaskan cruise... $799pp with $500 OBC. :cool:

Cruise lines will not compete with their TAs and the TAs provide over half of the bookings. Some TAs discount. Many do not.

Many TAs will quote the current sale price of a cruise line but hint the pricing is only for the TAs customers. ("xxxx Cruise Line is offering our customers the following low price" which is really the price that the cruise line offers anybody.

Edited by caribill

My Cabin is $560 cheaper now than what I payed ! Called then and all they would do is up grade me to a Conc. Guar. cabin. I have a 1a Hump and I am not giving it up for a cabin I have no idea where it is on the ship. They use the Final Pay line to me which is the easy way out. They would not even offer me $1 in OBC. So I guess it does pay to wait til later to buy these days! Bob

Bob, one question, do you thing that fantastic 1A hump cabin would have been available later? One very distinct advantage is cabin choice.

All of the so called premium locations are snapped up very early and than only become availed through cancelations.

Man, there is sure a culture on cruise critic of unpleasant responses, regardless of the topic of the post. I have no idea why that should be-if folks don't like a post or aren't interested, move on! Life is short! It'd be like me going to comment on every post about a ship I'm not on just to say "who cares about this? Not everyone is on the Silhouette".

Thank you for the posts on these deals! They don't work for us but I hope someone can take advantage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What many may be missing is that the OP is also having at those that have complained that many cruises are becoming more expensive and the deals are drying up from what they use to be.

Yes the info on these deals is great, but it's not exactly apples to apples in regards to the points other posted have made and OP Is making their own little digs at! It goes both ways lol!

I would love to grab some of these deals but like others, a deal in an inside cabin is not attractive, nor do I have the luxury of making such last minute vacation plans.

One day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got the 15 night Rome to Abu Dhabi 2a balcony a year out for $1250 Canadian that includes the crazy high taxes on that route of over $400. Didn't have to wait for final payment :) bucket list cruise for around $85 cdn a day

$1250 CAD=$934USD

Great price in CAD , we on the April cruise at $719 CAD($534 USD) for inside , it is $999cad now , will be watching pricing to see if it drops

The lowest I have seen this Nov cruise has been $499 CAD($373USD) for an inside

$1250 CAD=$934USD

Great price in CAD , we on the April cruise at $719 CAD($534 USD) for inside , it is $999cad now , will be watching pricing to see if it drops

The lowest I have seen this Nov cruise has been $499 CAD($373USD) for an inside

Yes, I was very happy with it. Base price was $899 Canadian but the taxes for this one is over $400. I was surprised to see it so low a year in advance. Couple of hotel nights in Abu Dhabi would be more ;)

And to add, you have to be quick on the draw. We booked ours a week ago Friday night...so about 11 days ago, there's already been 4 price increases. Only about $70 each time, but 4 in 11 days. When we got the $1,000 drop on our Hawaii cruise, that price lasted for one day.

My Cabin is $560 cheaper now than what I payed ! Called then and all they would do is up grade me to a Conc. Guar. cabin. I have a 1a Hump and I am not giving it up for a cabin I have no idea where it is on the ship. They use the Final Pay line to me which is the easy way out. They would not even offer me $1 in OBC. So I guess it does pay to wait til later to buy these days! Bob

My AQ price dropped by almost $800 after final payment - made me sick:eek:

Nothing X would offer. The only possibility was an upgrade, but all suites are sold out. Expensive lesson learned - no more advanced booking.

We mostly book inside the cancellation window. We narrow down the itinerary, ships/cruise lines and then wait for our target price to hit (hopefully). We often monitor air prices at the same time if we think we are getting 'close'. Celebrity and RCI Tuesday specials are a must read for us. Plus we get a last minute specials from Princess.

Last time on RCI we got a fabulous balcony price on a Med cruise. The second part of the bonus was that we needed one way air home from Barcelona. The Choice Air fare at the time saved us another $300. each in airfare/travel expenses.

Once our price hits we book immediately, often getting them to hold the reservation for a few hours while we buy air. Our TA will do this even for a late booking. Once we book non refundable at our target price we never bother looking again. As on the airplane or in the hotel we are aware that there will be people beside us that paid more, and people who may have paid less. C'est la vie. We just do the best we can based on our budget.

We cruise on many lines but Celebrity is our favorite, most especially the Solstice ships. Prior to retirement we envied those who were not bound by schedules and we in a position to do this. Now we are retired it is our turn so we are making the most of the opportunities that come our way.

Edited by iancal

My AQ price dropped by almost $800 after final payment - made me sick:eek:

Nothing X would offer. The only possibility was an upgrade, but all suites are sold out. Expensive lesson learned - no more advanced booking.

I have learned the same lesson. They claim they are no longer doing last minute sales yet the fare on my upcoming cruise declined about $800 after my final payment. They won't offer anything. At the same time people on the sailing are bragging about the deal they just got booking and making their final payment the same day. We booked about a year ago. I won't be doing any more advanced bookings on Celebrity, only last minute, and when we do our small group we will go back to the two cruise lines the group has sailed on in the past that gave us something after final payment when there were price drops. Sorry now that I convinced the group to try Celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

They claim they are no longer doing last minute sales

Actually they haven't claimed that at all.

All they claimed was that some cruises would not have further discounts a couple of weeks or so out. But that still means every cruise can be discounted til then, and those discounts can remain - and can be substantial. And many other cruises don't even have that limitation.

Perhaps my senior brain is no longer functioning properly, but wasn't it Celebrity's current CEO that said she was going to stop allowing last minute booking discounts (inside the final payment period)? At the time I think I had posted something to the effect that any cruise line CEO who decided to cruise with empty berths rather then filling those berths with discounted fares, would not be CEO for too long.

Hank

That's a 22 night B2B on Celebrity for $1248pp... with a total of $700 OBC. :eek:

Over Christmas and New Year's Eve to boot!!! I'm going broke saving all this money!!! :rolleyes:

I'm glad and sad you posted this deal. I would have loved to take advantage of something like this! Too bad I can't switch now, but I am "stuck"on a December Silhouette sailing for 7 nights that cost just about the same price as the 22 nights above LOL. :rolleyes:

I am a frequent cruiser, and know all about price changes, but still hate to see the prices go down after final payments are made. Just ouch. :p

Hopefully our friends and my husband & I will love our Silhouette sailing without thinking of what could have been instead - though 22 nights will probably haunt me LOL

(My husband's elderly Father and Mother, and Aunt and Uncle, wanted to join us and our friends on a cruise in December. After much angst over trying to book something to please everyone, I chose the Silhouette, and booked us in (four) Deck 7 SV cabins in a row. I knew the SV staterooms are popular, and so I had to get those SV booked early.

Now, due to health problems, both elderly couples have cancelled - one AFTER paying final. And they are not happy about (and are very vocal about) being penalized big $$$ for cancelling so late (even though they knew the penalty schedule). AND of course they had not taken any insurance, even though I begged them to do it when booking! SMH.

It's just been a cluster all the way around. Never again! .)

Perhaps my senior brain is no longer functioning properly, but wasn't it Celebrity's current CEO that said she was going to stop allowing last minute booking discounts (inside the final payment period)? At the time I think I had posted something to the effect that any cruise line CEO who decided to cruise with empty berths rather then filling those berths with discounted fares, would not be CEO for too long.

Hank

I thought it was RCL's CEO that made that statement. Could be wrong though. X may have said it too

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6311

Edited by Cruise Junky