No more cookie bags!

OK I guess we are easy to please. We were thrilled to get the cookies/almonds this past August on FOS , our first cruise as Emerald. The water bottles were also a nice touch. In addition, the a bottle of wine we got for booking through RCI became two bottles and one day, a man knocked on our door with a plate of lovely canapes. We saved the cookies/almonds for the plane. Nice touch

Considering they often deliver the cookies to your room at random times, even if it was really freshly baked and warm, i doubt i would ever get a chance to eat a warm cookie. It would taste the same as the other cookies i can get from cafe promenade or windjammer by the time i find it in the room...

I received the email yesterday that they replacing the shortbread to freshly baked cookies.

I do wonder if the cookies are the same ones you get at Cafe Promenade/Windjammer? If this is the case then isn't this part of cost cutting? They bake the cookies onboard anyway rather than having to buy in the shortbread.

I do wonder if the cookies are the same ones you get at Cafe Promenade/Windjammer? If this is the case then isn't this part of cost cutting? They bake the cookies onboard anyway rather than having to buy in the shortbread.

Of course, I thought that was obvious and the point of this thread. Though, so far, I'm disappointed that it has not been as funny and lively as the pepper grinder thread.

Edited by Biker19

I always find it funny to walk in to your cabin and have a 3 oz bag of shortbread cookies on a ship full of sweets. I guess its great for those times when you go starving from walk from the WJ back to your room but along with the mints on the pillows to me this just seems silly. Give me a free ice cream from B&J instead of some cookies i can go seek out elsewhere.

I get all excited about fresh baked cookies only to find out that because I am platinum I won't get them? All this other crap I can live without but denying a man his cookies is unacceptable. What is better than a nice warm chocolate chip with walnut cookie except maybe a wonderful peanut-butter cookie. Darn.

The DH was bummed when he did not find his favorite Ranger cookies (coconut

cookies) in the WJ, and mentioned that to a waiter. The next day she saw us and

brought a plate of them to him. Very sweet...and they were warm too!! :D

EVERYBODY, can find cookies in the WJ...not just Platinum and above. ;)

I've just hadn't this email....

We have an exciting announcement to share regarding your Welcome Amenity.

We have listened to your feedback and will now be delivering an assortment of fresh baked cookies to your stateroom, instead of the shortbread cookie pouch. This will allow our guests to enjoy a variety of flavours carefully crafted and freshly baked just for you by our culinary team. You will still receive your 2 bottles of water per voyage as well as your choice of welcome beverage accompanied by this guest favourite selection of cookies. If you wish to update your welcome beverage, please visit the member portal by clicking here.

We look forward to providing you with this enhanced amenity fleetwide within the next 3 months, and hope you enjoy our fresh baked cookies delivered right to your stateroom. Thank you for sailing with us, but most of all, for your loyalty.

Happy Sailing!

Crown & Anchor® Society

Dear Valued Member,

We have listened to your feedback and will now be delivering an assortment of fresh baked cookies to your stateroom, instead of the shortbread cookie pouch. This will allow our guests to enjoy a variety of flavors carefully crafted and freshly baked just for you by our culinary team. You will still receive your 4 bottles of water per voyage as well as your choice of welcome beverage accompanied by this guest favorite selection of cookies. If you wish to update your welcome beverage, please visit the member portal by clicking here.

We look forward to providing you with this enhanced amenity fleetwide within the next 3 months, and hope you enjoy our fresh baked cookies delivered right to your stateroom. Thank you for sailing with us, but most of all, for your loyalty.

Happy Sailing!

Millie Quiles

Crown & Anchor® Society Member Director

Edited by orville99

We have listened to your feedback and will now be delivering an assortment of fresh baked cookies to your stateroom, instead of the shortbread cookie pouch. This will allow our guests to enjoy a variety of flavours carefully crafted and freshly baked just for you by our culinary team. You will still receive your 2 bottles of water per voyage as well as your choice of welcome beverage accompanied by this guest favourite selection of cookies. If you wish to update your welcome beverage, please visit the member portal by clicking here.

Happy Sailing!

Crown & Anchor® Society

I got the same email....now what I want to know is who gave the feedback of wanting freshly baked cookies? :D

Here is the e-mail that I received today for D+:

Dear Valued Member,

We have listened to your feedback and will now be delivering an assortment of fresh baked cookies to your stateroom, instead of the shortbread cookie pouch. This will allow our guests to enjoy a variety of flavors carefully crafted and freshly baked just for you by our culinary team. You will still receive your 4bottles of water per voyage as well as your choice of welcome beverage accompanied by this guest favorite selection of cookies. If you wish to update your welcome beverage, please visit the member portal by clicking here.

Happy Sailing!

Millie Quiles

Crown & Anchor® Society Member Director

CALL US

24/7 NOW

1-877-202-4342

I haven't got the email yet, and I liked taking the bags of biscuits home with me so not too happy with this change.

I forecast that they will soon stop the freshly baked cookies as 'feedback' will say they are just wasted in the cabin, or you will have to fill in a form to request them, and you will have to be in your cabin when they are delivered (like the afternoon canapés on X)

What :eek: No cookies to toss out on the pack up day :D

Why would you 'toss out' a sealed bag of cookies? :confused:

If you didn't want them you either give them back to your steward so he can use on the next cruise, or leave them on the side. The use-by date is always several months away.

I am sorry, but you are wrong. The cookies were the size of a 1/2 dollar. ;-)

The shortbread ones I use to get in the blue bag were more dime sized in Diameter. They were good, but I'll missed the dehydrated pineapple pieces.

Happy Sailing!

Crown & Anchor® Society

I'm confused. On all of our cruises with RCCL, we have NEVER received cookies and/or nuts. Am I misunderstanding?