A STRANGE medallion request

AV8rix

I also am not embarrassed to wear my medallion. Whenever anyone comments on it, I explain it is the "most expensive piece of jewelry that I own.

Storylady - I love your comment. I haven't worn my medallion in the last few cruises. However, I think I'll now keep it as some suggested in my carry-on for my next cruise.

What is on the next bronze medallion? Can anyone post a photo?

Note: I think a few are for sale on e-bay.

Edited by Sue from Canada

Trade? The one that I wanted is on the way to me now so no need to give up yours. But if you really want the one with the new logo please contact me via email and I'll be happy to send it to you.

What a sweet, kind offer! :) Thank you for that :) I have no particular opinion about the old vs new logo, so had thought a trade would work to get you what you wanted. But thank you for offering me the new one. I'm fine with the one in my drawer but REALLY appreciate your kindness.

What a sweet, kind offer! :) Thank you for that :) I have no particular opinion about the old vs new logo, so had thought a trade would work to get you what you wanted. But thank you for offering me the new one. I'm fine with the one in my drawer but REALLY appreciate your kindness.

Just repaying all of the kindness shown to me by the wonderful CC folks who responded to my request.

WOW! First we had the long discussions about Medalions and how they truly impact the lives of their recipients :). And now, we have entire threads dedicated to what is on the Medalions. We now wonder when somebody will hire a metallurgist to test the metallic content of today's medallions vs yesterday's medallions?

Hank

P.S. Do some of you folks actually hear yourselves?

I just recently received my 100-days medallion. I was disappointed to see that they’ve already been minted with the new logo. It is apparently just the bronze ones. I noticed at the ceremony that the silver, gold and perhaps platinum (none awarded on that cruise so I’m not sure about that) still have the old logo. I’m assuming that’s because they award LOTS of the bronzes and fewer of the others, so there are many of the higher levels left over with the old logo.

I immediately disliked the new logo when it was first revealed in January. So far nobody has been able to explain to me why they found the ghost of the Halve Maen so shameful or damaging to the brand that it was deemed necessary to remove it from the logo.

Anyway, if any of the higher-level folks is willing to part with his/her old bronze medallion I’d be glad to pay for it. Or I’ll swap you my “new” one, though I don’t know why anyone would want the silly thing.

Contact me at junque_5 at outlook dot com. Thanks in advance.

Show us a picture of the one you got I'd like to see it and I think everybody else would too. :D

WOW! First we had the long discussions about Medalions and how they truly impact the lives of their recipients :). And now, we have entire threads dedicated to what is on the Medalions. We now wonder when somebody will hire a metallurgist to test the metallic content of today's medallions vs yesterday's medallions?

Hank

P.S. Do some of you folks actually hear yourselves?

I am very proud to wear my medallion. As I said I keep it next to my passport. And, yes, it did impact my life. I have travelled more than I could ever imagine all because I decided to take a cruise on the Noordam back in 1987. I don't care about the metal, I care about the medal.

I am very proud to wear my medallion. As I said I keep it next to my passport. And, yes, it did impact my life. I have travelled more than I could ever imagine all because I decided to take a cruise on the Noordam back in 1987. I don't care about the metal, I care about the medal.

You mean that people should show their mettle by accepting their medal happily regardless of the metal? I guess I can't meddle with that thought. :)

Please forgive me. I just couldn't stop myself. I really did try. :D

[ (yeah, I know Henry Hudson was British – but he was sailing for the Dutch East India Company when he skippered the Halve Maen :)).

Hey... this a tradition! You know.... British captains on some Holland America Line ships.... even today! ;)

Hello, Captain Card! I always feel honored when you choose to comment on something I’ve posted.

I’m glad you’re here because I want to clarify something. In case you are the artist that they commissioned to create the new logo, I just want to say that I’m not disparaging your work. I was only expressing my unhappiness that someone felt it necessary to change the logo. I felt that the old logo was a proud statement of the Dutch sailing heritage – from the square-riggers of the 17th century to the modern vessels of today. I don’t mean to disrespect the other lines, but (except for Cunard) there’s no other line sailing today that can claim that wonderful heritage. Anyway, that’s just my opinion and it’s why I started this thread to ask for a medallion with the old logo.

The silver medallion is for 300 days.

Ok thanks. But what is the color for the 200 days? Or do they not give those out?

Never mind! I found this on a 2012 thread.

The Copper Medallion represents 100 days

The Silver Medallion represents 300 days

The Gold Medallion represents 500 days

The Platinum represents 700 or more days.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

You mean that people should show their mettle by accepting their medal happily regardless of the metal? I guess I can't meddle with that thought. :)

Please forgive me. I just couldn't stop myself. I really did try. :D

This is too funny; "regardles of the metal", this is a "platinum" medal with old logo, currently on e-bay, high bidder $ 9.95, go for it.......:D

s-l500.jpg.20902a077e58458629dccdbcfe41214f.jpg

Click on the image for a larger version.

This is too funny; "regardles of the metal", this is a "platinum" medal with old logo, currently on e-bay, high bidder $ 9.95, go for it.......:D

[ATTACH]398538[/ATTACH]

Click on the image for a larger version.

Looks like this has a platinum pin in the deal as well.