Will prices still decrease between now and Dec 12th?

hmwende

When we booked our Dec 12 cruise two weeks ago, we were torn between ocean view and balcony cabin. The price only differed by $120, but to save $$ booked the guaranteed ocean view cabin. The exact same day, we were assigned a cabin all the way forward with a view of the helipad - not too happy. The very next day, we realized our blunder and called to upgrade to the balcony cabin, but the price increased by $400. I've been checking every few days to see if the price has dropped, but it continued to increase. Today, the price to upgrade to a balcony cabin dropped and now will cost $160 more than our current cabin. Should I bite the bullet and upgrade now, or wait until after Thanksgiving? There are many balcony cabins left on the ship and I'm hoping that we might be able to upgrade to a balcony for free or little money if the price continues to decrease. Anyone have any thoughts about whether we should upgrade now or hold out a little longer?

The inventory will be the major factor - look on the RCI UK site and see how many cabins are available. You are within 30 days of sailing and usually there's not many drops that close in. If this is for the Serenade, that sailing is not on the GGG flier next week- one place to look for drops.

Edited by Biker19

When we booked our Dec 12 cruise two weeks ago, we were torn between ocean view and balcony cabin. The price only differed by $120, but to save $$ booked the guaranteed ocean view cabin. The exact same day, we were assigned a cabin all the way forward with a view of the helipad - not too happy. The very next day, we realized our blunder and called to upgrade to the balcony cabin, but the price increased by $400. I've been checking every few days to see if the price has dropped, but it continued to increase. Today, the price to upgrade to a balcony cabin dropped and now will cost $160 more than our current cabin. Should I bite the bullet and upgrade now, or wait until after Thanksgiving? There are many balcony cabins left on the ship and I'm hoping that we might be able to upgrade to a balcony for free or little money if the price continues to decrease. Anyone have any thoughts about whether we should upgrade now or hold out a little longer?

Balcony is now $110 less than when we booked! Almost want to see about an upgrade.

I would do it. I'll never go back from balconies lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many balcony cabins left on the ship and I'm hoping that we might be able to upgrade to a balcony for free or little money if the price continues to decrease. Anyone have any thoughts about whether we should upgrade now or hold out a little longer?

No one can say for sure what will happen. If you aren't willing to get stuck with your heli pad view, I'd upgrade now. If you wait, the price could go down or it could go up.

No one knows.

The inventory will be the major factor - look on the RCI UK site and see how many cabins are available. You are within 30 days of sailing and usually there's not many drops that close in. If this is for the Serenade, that sailing is not on the GGG flier next week- one place to look for drops.

This is very helpful, thank you. I went to the RCI UK website and learned there are 158 cabins left on the ship, of which 29 are balconies and 11 are suites. This is for the Independence of the seas

No one can say for sure what will happen. If you aren't willing to get stuck with your heli pad view, I'd upgrade now. If you wait, the price could go down or it could go up.

Thanks everyone! I'm certainly not looking for guarantee, just seeking a sense on the trends from those of you experienced cruising on RCCL.

Balcony is now $110 less than when we booked! Almost want to see about an upgrade.

I would do it. I'll never go back from balconies lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are 10 junior suites and 1 owner suite left!

I went to the RCI UK website and learned there are 158 cabins left on the ship, of which 29 are balconies and 11 are suites.

That's not that many for a ship the size of Indy and if I were betting, I'd wager that prices are not going much lower than now. The current D3 price of $375pp is pretty good.;)

More than likely the price will go up. That's not a lot of cabins left. I would book now. If they drop a few bucks, not a big deal.....I'd sacrifice a few dollars for a better location. Especially when a balcony is included.

Edited by MikeBTN

Thanks everyone! I'm certainly not looking for guarantee, just seeking a sense on the trends from those of you experienced cruising on RCCL.

Right, but the point is there is no real "trend." Sometimes the price goes up, sometimes the price goes down. What happened on one person's cruise, that was in the past, and likely a different time of year, different ship, different itinerary, different levels of supply and demand for whatever reason (ex. ship renovations, sales or lack thereof on other fleets, whatever) is really not a good indicator of what will happen on your particular ship, itinerary, sail date, etc.

That's not that many for a ship the size of Indy and if I were betting, I'd wager that prices are not going much lower than now. The current D3 price of $375pp is pretty good.;)

Thank you so much everyone! By the end of the night, there were only 7 balconies left, I went ahead and booked and got a great cabin without prices going up any more. I suspect prices will likely go up instead of down from this point.

How do you tell how many cabins are available on a ship?

Go to RCI's UK site (https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/) and do a mock booking for the cruise of interest - the site will list up to 50 cabins in all available categories. It is the most comprehensive (outside of RCI themselves) list of available cabins to the public.