Meet & Greet

Raxter54

Read this on John Heald 's page on the site that shall not be named:

"I just went to a really fun F******k group 200 plus in the RedFrog pub

I gave away some prizes and had some fun and took dozens of photos.

If you have a F******k group meeting on a cruise let me know and I will arrange some prizes and a room for you to meet in. I need the following info posted 4 days before the cruise

Cruise date

Ship

Time and date you would like a room or lounge

How many will attend

Hope you get to do this and meet new friends."

So, is our friend John trying to undermine the CC Meet & Greets?

Sent from my Galaxy 4

I think we have to expect Heald to be much less enthusiastic about Us compared to a Facebook group. Facebook groups simply talk about their upcoming cruise and seldom delve into the deep cruise industry discussions that we engage in. They talk about what drinks they are going to have and we dissect new policies.

Many may not like F------K but we have a very active group on there for our cruise. I bet less than half of our "friends" there even come on CC. And it is more social discussions as it is people you will be likely to meet if you want to. Also this site provides more informed answers from a multitude of people with large amount of experience. So see no reason they are considered competitive or opponents. If both meet and greets happen on our cruise in December I will report back how they went. I think John is trying to make everyone happy, and certainly I don't think he wants to replace CC with that other place.

Many may not like F------K but we have a very active group on there for our cruise. I bet less than half of our "friends" there even come on CC. And it is more social discussions as it is people you will be likely to meet if you want to. Also this site provides more informed answers from a multitude of people with large amount of experience. So see no reason they are considered competitive or opponents. If both meet and greets happen on our cruise in December I will report back how they went. I think John is trying to make everyone happy, and certainly I don't think he wants to replace CC with that other place.

Our F******* group meeting in the RFP was MUCH better and more attended than our "official" CC Meet and Greet. Most of them had never even heard of Cruise Critic either.

It seems like Carnival is setting this up to fail though. Who in the world thought a 5:30 Meet and Greet on the second elegant night was a good idea? :confused:

It seems like Carnival is setting this up to fail though. Who in the world thought a 5:30 Meet and Greet on the second elegant night was a good idea? :confused:

Probably the same person that thought it should be on the last night of the cruise. I've seen on here where some were actually scheduled for the last night. What good is that?

For what it's worth: We sailed on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore on November 6 thru Nov 13. According to Cruise Critic, our Meet and Group Sign-ups met or exceeded the requisite number of 25 and, as I understood it, I would receive an invitation to the Meet and Greet Session delivered to our cabin. However, we Never received an invitation to such a meeting. That's about as effective as meeting on the last night of the cruise and/or at 5:30 on Elegant Night LOL :rolleyes:

On the Glory 12 Nov 16 cruise, we had over 50 people sign up for the CC M&M but only 6 people were present when the Cruise Director Saffie showed up to meet us. She said this is how it's been week after week for them. According to her, there was a M&M with over 100 people signed up and less than 25% showed.

The most recent email from CC prior to the cruise said it would be listed in the Fun Times, not as an invitation; however, Saffie mentioned that they are working on getting the invites sent out (she made it sound like it's an issue on CC's part).

Our M&M was scheduled for Day 5 of 7 at 1700 after a day at San Juan, which was not an elegant night.

The CC M&M is not affiliated with Carnival, so they cannot do more to advertise for it to make sure people show. In the end, I think they won't improve their part of the deal if our groups keep having a poor showing.

I just returned from the Dream last week and our Meet and Mingle was at the same time as the St. Jude's party on the last sea day of the cruise. The only notification was in the Fun Times. I wound up not going because I attended the St. Jude's party. My husband went to the Meet and Mingle and no one was there.

There has to be better notification or the attendance will continue to be poor. In our case we had two sea days it could have been held on at the beginning of our cruise. No one will be looking to meet people at the end of the cruise. I know I wasn't.

My experience with the Meet & Mingle on the Splendor two weeks ago was a bit different than is being reported here, so I'll share it. We exceeded the 25 signups several weeks before; I didn't check to see how many signed up after that. About 15 showed up, which I didn't think was too bad. The M&M was scheduled for 2 PM on the first full day (a sea day). It was listed in our Fun Times and I actually got an invitation in my box, though there were reports from other attendees that they did not.

P.S. There are reports the big man himself will be on my next cruise. The M&M for that one filled almost instantly, so I imagine the number of potential attendees there is huge. I wonder if he'll show up to that one.

Our roll call group has decided to set our own up on the first sea day. And if carnival sets one up as well, more fun for us[emoji322]. I do believe that those that sign up and then don't show up are letting all those down that really enjoy meeting new people at the M&M's. it's so enjoyable to meet people early in the cruise and then see them out and about during the rest of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Read this on John Heald 's page on the site that shall not be named:

"I just went to a really fun F******k group 200 plus in the RedFrog pub

I gave away some prizes and had some fun and took dozens of photos.

If you have a F******k group meeting on a cruise let me know and I will arrange some prizes and a room for you to meet in. I need the following info posted 4 days before the cruise

Cruise date

Ship

Time and date you would like a room or lounge

How many will attend

Hope you get to do this and meet new friends."

So, is our friend John trying to undermine the CC Meet & Greets?

Sent from my Galaxy 4

I wonder why someone would do this when you can do it through Cruise Critic and get nothing?

We on the Splendor (10-22) the meet & greet was terrific!!! We had a lot people show up and had many of top officers and cruise director there. They were all so nice and friendly. We are Diamond members and knew most of them from previous cruises. Very well done!!! John & Priscilla :)

Just back from the Magic and as it turned out there was a CC meet and greet which we were not aware until someone we met on the ship told us about it earlier that day.

Was not in the fun time.

About 10 people came by and they had cookies and coffee and tea set up in piano bar.

They scheduled it for 5 30 on a sea day and since we were having dinner at 6 could not stay very long and snacks were pretty much not touched.

CD was there and talked a bit and said turnouts have been very small.

CC Roll Call M&Gs/M&Ms will always get a smaller turnout than the number of folks on the roll call. Timing of event (DIYers typically go for sailaways); other things happening, can't find location, forget, etc.

Roll Calls need to take it upon themselves to arrange something without CC or Carnival. Could be an un official M&M versus "official" one. Don't expect full roll call attendance. Don't ask for special favors, rooms, trinkets, crew members, etc. Just let it be RC members who wish to put faces and real names with people they've been chatting on line for several months.

If Carnival wishes to "officially" sponsor a F------K M&M at a better time, so be it! Join the F------K group too!