Diamonds in December

BillOh

Just as an FYI, I never paid attention before because I didn't take my first Diamond cruise till this past April, but what was the attraction of the Diamond's in December event just in case it ever comes back?

Just as an FYI, I never paid attention before because I didn't take my first Diamond cruise till this past April, but what was the attraction of the Diamond's in December event just in case it ever comes back?

Extra C&A credit/points for Diamond and above C&A members for cruises taken in December.

Explain please. We are on a cruise in December??

it used to be that if you were Diamond or Diamond plus , and cruised in December( pretty much all ships and itineraries) you would get additional points for C&A status. so you would get say one extra point per night.

it was discontinued several years ago.

Thanks for the various answers, it was just a piece of mind request, I knew it no longer applied but hear many references to it. I've cruised in April, May, October, and November, but won't rule out a Dec cruise someday should the motivation strike/or event returns.

It was a way for Ellen to get from Diamond to Diamond Plus fairly quickly:D:p

With the way some December cruise prices are dropping, maybe RC will bring back Diamonds in December and Ellen can get to Painacle quickly!;):p

Doesn't really cost RCCL anything so wonder why they took it away. I know, "because they could." We sailed on Jewel in GS in Dec. and were awarded the extra points.

There were 2 friends also in a suite who were doing B2B all of December that year building up points. I guess they were trying to move up the C&A ladder.

it used to be that if you were Diamond or Diamond plus , and cruised in December( pretty much all ships and itineraries) you would get additional points for C&A status. so you would get say one extra point per night.

it was discontinued several years ago.

In 2010 they were still doing cruise credits. In the conversion we ended up with 28 points for a 7 night B2B on Monarch. :eek: :D

We also got Aluminum water bottles.

Edited by John&LaLa

Ok thanks. I know about book in December and get double points or something like that. I have family who booked B2B 7 night JS and 56 points.

That does not sound right. It wasn't dbl the points, you just got one extra. So a JS would have gotten either 3 cruise credits for each 7 night voyage or 21 total points depending on which year. That's 42 points for 14 days. Pretty sure I'm correct.

Edited by John&LaLa

I *think* 2012 was the last year they did it. I was on the Independence in 2013 in December and there were a lot of diamond members on. They were upset because they had thought that they were sailing under that promotion only to find out it was discontinued.

I *think* 2012 was the last year they did it. I was on the Independence in 2013 in December and there were a lot of diamond members on. They were upset because they had thought that they were sailing under that promotion only to find out it was discontinued.

True, Laura Dec 2013 booked for that reason. In the end it worked out because Royal started giving bonus points to solo cruisers that fall. 😁

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes, that was the last year. We did Navigator in suite that year and the CL and overflow were so packed, we went to the Diamond 'Event' instead. There was always a lot of whining on these boards that it contributed to the a ballooning of D+ and Pinnacle ranks and a decline in benefits. I won't be surprised if we don't hear some of that in this thread. I couldn't tell if that was true or not.

That does not sound right. It wasn't dbl the points, you just got one extra. So a JS would have gotten either 3 cruise credits for each 7 night voyage or 21 total points depending on which year. That's 42 points for 14 days. Pretty sure I'm correct.

Didn't Royal offer something like book in December and sail at some off time and get double pts? That was discussed here some time ago. This was last December.

I had asked my family member and I swore they go double pts but I have CRS.

Edited by troykahack

Didn't Royal offer something like book in December and sail at some off time and get double pts? That was discussed here some time ago. This was last December.

I had asked my family member and I swore they go double pts but I have CRS.

I think suites got some bonus this summer, but I think only on Oasis and Allure.

I think suites got some bonus this summer, but I think only on Oasis and Allure.

Yes, yes.... thank you... they did B2B Allure. I just confirmed 58 pts, they were in JS over the summer. My cousin even cramed into the room for the 58 pts. They are on MJ tonight and are pts chasers....

Edited by troykahack

Had to book in dec 2015 for cruise on allure or oasis in suites during june through august 2016. You received double cruise points so 4 points each night. One couple on oasis was on b5b in a js to hit pinnacle. They got their 140 points in 5 weeks. The price of suites during the summer were quiet pricey.

Hubby and I are on Oasis in Feb...He is Diamond and I'm Emerald. I paid for the cruise with cc in my name only and wonder if we will get the perks for Diamond instead of my lower Emerald. Does this make sense???

If you contact RCL C&A, they will move you up to your husbands status. He is Diamond with a set number of cruise points, you will also be Diamond but you will retain your own cruise point total.