ms Nieuw Amsterdam, ms Zuiderdam and ms Veendam Port Everglades Sail-Away - November

Boytjie

Checking in. First time in a while I have gotten here early and should be able to watch the whole parade of ships departing.

Sorry about the "20" not making it in the thread title - I need to pay more attention to the length but with three dams ships it gets difficult!

It is a blustery, cold day in New York City and it feels like winter. So sail-away therapy is called for. In eleven weeks we will be boarding the Koningsdam! :D

It's cold and snowy here too. Watching the ships makes up for it.

Today, and today only, I will try to fill in for Copper alias John. Peter's pic of the newest and largest ship, the Koningsdam, in Aruba shows next to it the former Boehme. It is now the Freewinds, and operates for the Church of Scientology. The Boehme was built in 1968, which is twenty years before our beloved Prinsendam, so she is quite old! Way back in 1985, the Boehme was owned by Commodore Cruise Line and sailed out of my home city of St Petersburg on a 7 day cruise to Key West, Port Antonio , Cozumel and return to St Petersburg. Only 440' long and 10,000 tons, she is small even next to Prinsendam let alone Koningsdam.

We are sailing the Zuiderdam today. The port traffic is nuts with 8 ships. It took 40 minutes from when we left the Hilton to drop off luggage and park. Check in was quick and easy. Now just waiting to board. I am super giddy! :)

Lisa

Have a great trip. If you hear air horns as you pass the condos, one of those horns is us saying Bon Voyage. :)

There was a great view last night as the Eurodam sailed out and the Goodyear Blimp Wingfoot One - newly outfitted HD light display on the side - crossed paths. Sadly, my camera was inside.