VIFP Announcement...

volmoma

Why is everyone so negative? Changes take time, whether good or bad. Let's just wait it out and see what happens. Talking about it is the first step..... there are lots of beards that have to decide on the changes. Anyone want an umbrella drink with me while we wait? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't get your hopes up........ likely another cut in benefits.

Now that platinum members are a dime a dozen the platinum party is hereby discontinued. On the flip side it will now take 10 fewer days to become Diamond.

Now that platinum members are a dime a dozen the platinum party is hereby discontinued. On the flip side it will now take 10 fewer days to become Diamond.

Yeah, I think the Diamonds are tired of having those lowly Platinums at their parties ;)

Yeah, I think the Diamonds are tired of having those lowly Platinums at their parties ;)

Yes and to soothe those Diamonds rough edges Carnival is introducing a new level above Platinum and below Diamond to be called Cubic Zirconium. This new level will bump elbows with the Diamonds at a combined party but will have to pay for their drinks at the cash bar located in a far corner of the venue.

Why is everyone so negative? Changes take time, whether good or bad. Let's just wait it out and see what happens. Talking about it is the first step..... there are lots of beards that have to decide on the changes. Anyone want an umbrella drink with me while we wait? ;)

I do!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

History is why we are so negative.

Wow, such negativity! Honestly, what difference does it really make? I'm a lowly gold and will be for quite some time. Does it truly impact my cruise experience? No. Do I cruise to make some arbitrary 'level'? No! I cruise Carnival because I work hard for my money and I haven't found any other type of vacation that gives me as much for what I spend. The crew always make me feel like I've come home.

So, settle down ya'll, it's just a colored card!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

LOL I so like getting on board first and free laundry but don't partake in to many other benefits other then free "fruits and candy" in my room when we sail 5 days or more....

What are the benefits lately. It's been a year since we sailed any cruise line. Has anything changed?

Edited by Kudos2Fly

I am sailing on Thursday and when I was online yesterday I noticed that it shows "Cruise Day Points" and "VIFP Points" as separate categories. Maybe it has always been that way? Not sure, but for some reason it stuck out to me.

This is new I believe.

Wow, such negativity! Honestly, what difference does it really make? I'm a lowly gold and will be for quite some time. Does it truly impact my cruise experience? No. Do I cruise to make some arbitrary 'level'? No! I cruise Carnival because I work hard for my money and I haven't found any other type of vacation that gives me as much for what I spend. The crew always make me feel like I've come home.

So, settle down ya'll, it's just a colored card!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Well said! I just can't understand what all the need is to be recognized for how many sailings you have been blessed to take. Are those little trinkets really that important to your sailing experience? Now the laundry and VIP service at embarkation and debarkation would be nice, but the other stuff I could care less about. I am just so thankful that I am able to cruise :)

He didn't say anyway that he was announcing anything. Just that he had a meeting to discuss it. Nothing to be preoccupied worrying about. Once any changes are done, you'll know and then everyone can complain on que. Or don't and just cruise because you enjoy doing so.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

John just went live on the change to the VIFP levels. As usual, nothing was actually said!! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]Not really surprised.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

More much ado about nothing from John Heald. He knows how to create traffic to his social media page without actually saying anything worthwhile. And then he brags about all the hits he gets. It's a boring, repeating cycle IMO. Didn't anybody ever teach him about the little boy that cried wolf?

More much ado about nothing from John Heald. He knows how to create traffic to his social media page without actually saying anything worthwhile. And then he brags about all the hits he gets. It's a boring, repeating cycle IMO. Didn't anybody ever teach him about the little boy that cried wolf?

Very true, the changes will come next year unless they do not.:eek: