Latest prices are skyhigh

bogofman

Just checking pricing for next year and prices are sky high ( UK web site)

Price for a similar 11 night Reflection cruise in the MED in August are currently twice the price we paid this year with No Perks

Are celebrity getting ready for some buy one get one free deals ?

Just checking pricing for next year and prices are sky high ( UK web site)

Price for a similar 11 night Reflection cruise in the MED in August are currently twice the price we paid this year with No Perks

Are celebrity getting ready for some buy one get one free deals ?

I received an email from Celebrity about Silhouette sailing from Southampton and Eclipse from Dublin in 2018. I thought it was well worth a look, but the prices are not at all enticing, and there are no offers.

I booked a cruise two weeks ago for 2017 under the 'buy one get one half price' deal with classic beverage package included, that has just finished. I have just now looked at the current prices on the website without the so called 'deal', and guess what? The price I paid under the deal for 2, works out to the current price for 2 (so I didn't actually get one half price). I am happy with the price paid, and I have got the beverage package - but I hate the way that the half price offer ends up a complete sham.

I expect there will be more 'offers' or 'deals' on the way, but will the prices actually change I wonder.

Last time the prices were this high was right before a major promotion. Prices are always changing and a lot depends on the demand for each trip. Just keep watching the ones you are interested and if the drop, be ready to make your move. That is my plan now for August 2018..

My understanding is that whilst a number of offers are not available on the website if one calls Celebrity they may well be available. I am sure in coming weeks and months some sort of promotion will become available if the general disquiet about level of fares is across the board and not just on CC

It seems to be a very disappointing change in pricing policy and marketing approach. It used to be that in the UK, you could book early with the confidence that any price drop would be passed on for the price of a phone call. Now, early bookers are suckered in at tip top prices then the offers come. Your only option is to cancel, lose your deposit and re-book.

Meanwhile, across the pond people can book multiple cruises and cancel without penalty as payment time looms. I've just spotted a Solstice voyage in Australia early next year that was fully booked in the grade I wanted as soon as the brochure came out, my TA told me it wasn't even worth trying to get wait listed but lo and behold, a cabin became available yesterday.

I've never been able to get very excited about all the customer loyalty and Captain's Club tosh, but this is really taking the Michael. It's completely changed my approach to booking with X. Market forces and price elasticity are all well and good but two can play that game.

Edited by Chunky2219
typo

We agree with every post on this thread. It is about value for money. Current pricing is not enticing for 2017.

For us it is about value for money and what is inclusive.

Please may we have packages that are all inclusive for below suite class.

Signing for this and that is a pain.

We just booked both the Eclipse Spring 2018 TA and the Iceland cruise following it....prices were NOT significantly higher that 2 trips we took this year....

I think if you look you can find what you want....sometimes going more to the edge of high seasons (spring/fall for Europe) you can find better deals.

We really enjoy X, it's a step above other lines we've tried....Royal, Princess, Carnival and worth spending a bit more....and lines like Azamara, Regent, Crystal too expensive. So if we have to travel on "shoulder" seasons we are happy to do so....:)

MY concern is that the price is double what we paid for this years cruise and this year we also had a drinks package thrown in for each of us.

How can Celebrity expect anyone to pay double minus the drinks package for the same cruise?

we have cruised with Celebrity for the last 4 summers,

The same old itineraries have already meant we are looking else where, the doubling of prices ( and the reduction of nights on board used to be 14 now 10 and 11 nighters) means we are looking at other lines

A Shame , as we really like the celebrity experience

I hate to be contrary but I've just checked out the prices for the 8 night fjords cruise in 2017 vs 2018 and sky suite 2155 for the 2017 cruise with the second passenger half price is £9186 :eek: and the 2018 cruise with no offers is £6264 :) . Same itinerary, same time of year but £3k cheaper :confused:

So from what I see for the particular cruise I'm interested in is in fact cheaper.

We've actually booked an RS to bypass the lack perks :cool:

s18 2155.pdf

s17 2155.pdf

I hate to be contrary but I've just checked out the prices for the 8 night fjords cruise in 2017 vs 2018 and sky suite 2155 for the 2017 cruise with the second passenger half price is £9186 :eek: and the 2018 cruise with no offers is £6264 :) . Same itinerary, same time of year but £3k cheaper :confused:

So from what I see for the particular cruise I'm interested in is in fact cheaper.

Yes its the 2017 cruises that seem to be hiked

Celebrity is not concerned about who occupies a cabin, but only that it is occupied. I suspect prices will continue to rise until there is price resistance by potential customers. There is no sign of this point being reached at this time. Just try to book a higher category Suite for a popular cruise. As I've said in prior posts Celebrity is now focused on the higher margin passenger. Like it or not, that's the reality. I regret that many who have been loyal for many years will find themselves priced out of the market. The bottom line is the bottom line.

We just booked both the Eclipse Spring 2018 TA and the Iceland cruise following it....prices were NOT significantly higher that 2 trips we took this year....

I think if you look you can find what you want....sometimes going more to the edge of high seasons (spring/fall for Europe) you can find better deals.

We really enjoy X, it's a step above other lines we've tried....Royal, Princess, Carnival and worth spending a bit more....and lines like Azamara, Regent, Crystal too expensive. So if we have to travel on "shoulder" seasons we are happy to do so....:)

I checked the prices on a 2018 TA i was interested in on the 29th when they were released.

I slept on it then today went to book. They have raised the prices already! I hate these games!

OP has noted high prices on UK website. Just looked at the value of the British Pound:

One Year Ago: $1.52

Today: $1.26

I would guess that's part of the explanation.

What you say makes sense. My experience has been the opposite of the OP's, but we are doing US based New Jersey to Bermuda (7 nights) May 2017. We booked a spacious Sky Suite with larger than average bathroom and balcony, with all 4 perks for both of us for under $5000 before fees and such. Works out to be right around $5000. As such we will be saving about $2000+ compared to what we paid to stay one week in a Veranda Vista "Suite" on HAL. We like HAL, but several times we have paid so much for what works out to be an average, small balcony cabin that has no where near the space a Sky suite on X has. And we don't even travel during the Summer when the prices are usually higher. We are very excited and curious to see what X has to offer. Well whatever happens - we will be on a cruise! :D Cheers.

Lorie

I checked the prices on a 2018 TA i was interested in on the 29th when they were released.

I slept on it then today went to book. They have raised the prices already! I hate these games!

I can understand your frustration but its all about supply & demand....some of the TA's that came out sold really fast...and I'm sure the X computers are set up to increase/decrease depending on demand or the lack of it.

Really NO different than the way the airlines go up and down all the time....

That's why when we see something we want we book it....with a cruise all you have to do is put a cruise "on hold" to hold the price for a day......at least it works with X, Royal and Princess

You have to compare it when the itineraries are first released, not when many cabins have already been sold (according to a certain site, 2017 only has 14% currently left). The S1, for the itinerary you are referring to, when the 2017 itinerary opened was US$3869pp compared to 2018 at US$4919pp - I definitely say that was an increase :eek:. Haven't done the conversion as the figures speak for themselves ;).

When I looked at the UK site earlier today there is an early booking guarantee now on 2018 cruises:

"Better still, book before 28 February 2017 – for only £150pp deposit – and should you find our price or offer is more favourable between now and 31 December 2017, you can rebook the exact same cruise and stateroom with no loss of deposit. With so much on the horizon for 2018 – book today and never look back.*"

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are from aus and the prices for everything jumped at least $200 pp after Trump got elected. Its costing us $2000 in flights when it was $1600 this time of year for the last 2 years. We dodnt get a deal on our 2017 cruise but when we booked there wasnt many cabins left.