Grand injured

PonyPair

Can anyone let me know how much the per person taxes/port fees paid on this trip was?

I just got my refund of half my cruise fare and it only turned out to be less than 20% of the total price I paid. I booked through a travel agent and apparently, they coded 60% of my total price as taxes and fees in the original invoice. I didn't think it was cause for concern at payment but I guess it matters now...

Thank you in advance!

What did you get a as a dollar value for your future cruise credit? Since the fcc comes from Princess not your TA it should be 50% of what Princess thinks your fare minus taxes is? If they don't match your TA gas some explaining to do. I would not use that TA in the future.

So Its finally happened! Dec 20th Xmas cruise has been bumped to Thursday Dec 24 for an eight day cruise. So disappointed.:(

just heard from my grand son... that the dec 20th cruise will be cut 2 days... not a big deal... glad Princess did not disappoint families who were planning on a Christmas cruise. Guess repairs took longer than expected... we are leaving on the 30th... for the New Years cruise.

So Its finally happened! Dec 20th Xmas cruise has been bumped to Thursday Dec 24 for an eight day cruise. So disappointed.:(

Do you mean Thursday or do you mean Dec 24? They don't go together this year. You probably mean Thursday Dec 22 which would then let the Dec 30 cruise go as scheduled.

Do you mean Thursday or do you mean Dec 24? They don't go together this year. You probably mean Thursday Dec 22 which would then let the Dec 30 cruise go as scheduled.

Dec 20th... is now leaving on Dec 22, cut two days from 10 -8 days. I heard from my grandson today, who is on that cruise. I am on dec 30 cruise which is a new year cruise ...

Yes, December 22 to the 30th now. Puerto Vallarta and Manzanilla are removed, Ensenada added.

They say 2 days credit plus $300 onboard credit per guest and a discount up to 30% of the original fare paid on next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

just heard from my grand son... that the dec 20th cruise will be cut 2 days... not a big deal... glad Princess did not disappoint families who were planning on a Christmas cruise. Guess repairs took longer than expected... we are leaving on the 30th... for the New Years cruise.

Not so much that repairs will take longer than expected (since they haven't even gotten to Portland yet), but that the start of the drydocking is delayed by 2 days, so the end will need to be bumped back 2 days, at least.

Yes, December 22 to the 30th now. Puerto Vallarta and Manzanilla are removed, Ensenada added.

They say 2 days credit plus $300 onboard credit per guest and a discount up to 30% of the original fare paid on next cruise.

That is a fairly nice peace offering to guests on the delayed sailing. We can all debate how a tender port door came loose while at sea, but it sure seems like Princess is doing their best to properly compensate affected cruisers.

That December 20th cruise has been sold out for a while.

After our Thanksgiving cruise (first time in mini suite) I tried to pay for an upgrade to a mini and there wasn't even the ability to get on a wait list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That December 20th cruise has been sold out for a while.

After our Thanksgiving cruise (first time in mini suite) I tried to pay for an upgrade to a mini and there wasn't even the ability to get on a wait list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to go back from a mini IMHO.

Dec 20th... is now leaving on Dec 22, cut two days from 10 -8 days. I heard from my grandson today, who is on that cruise. I am on dec 30 cruise which is a new year cruise ...

Interesting. I have clients booked on that cruise but haven't heard anything from Princess about the changes. I will call Princess in the morning.........

Princess usually advertises prices as a fare per person and then shows something like port fees/taxes an additional $xxx. I would expect the 50% refund to be on the base fare only, not including the additional port fees/taxes. Since they never made Ensenada, those port charges might be refunded. Any port fees for arrival back in SFO might be offset by arrival back into HNL after the incident...

Putting on my shareholder cap for a minute (love that OBC) does anyone know if CCL carries " business disruption insurance" for situations like this or do they self-insure?

I would suspect that that would be a decision based on each subsidiary company/cruiseline's board of directors. But I'm not a businessman in the least so it is pure speculation on my part. I would think that a decision such as that, again pure speculation, would be on a need-to-know basis and that anybody else's guess on CC would be speculation also.

Gee, with a waffling answer like that I sound like a politician!

Tom

From my experience most Fortune 500 corporations have business interruption insurance. In this case they could determine lost profits and unplanned costs and file a claim but the approval of it by their carrier would be based on the situation, its cause(s), and who was a fault.

I would be extremely surprised a major corporation who is in such a potential revenue impactable (I know that's not a real word but you know what I mean [emoji2]) industry would not have business interruption insurance.

Logic tells me that it is unlikely that Carnival would have business interruption insurance. A very small cruise operator with one or two ships would really need insurance because a major interruption could break them. But with the size of Carnival and the high likelihood of business interruptions for a lot of reasons, I think it is likely they 'self-insure'. That means not pay for an insurance policy giving profits to an insurance company, but spreading the risk around the fleet. This is the policy of some companies or governments who operate a large fleet of vehicles.

Anyway, in this case, it appears that the planned interruption to business is two days' reduction of the next cruise.