Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

4 hours ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

as for the funnel, i wish they would leave it alone. the ship doesn't need its name in more than the usual places. i think the lettering adds a bit of tackiness. just my opinion.

I totally agree. Celebrity has managed to create one of the best, most iconic funnel designs in the industry. I’d say it’s as memorable as Joe Farcus’ original Carnival “whale tail” funnel on Tropicale in 1981. This should be the trademark funnel on all future Celebrity ships. DON’T GO FUSSING IT UP BY ADDING ‘EDGE’ TO IT.

Besides, will all future ships have 4-letter names? Sure, “APEX” might work, but if a future ship has a longer name it’s going to look ridiculous on the funnel. 

Finally, Celebrity should know that what you want consumers to remember is the brand name, not the ship’s name. This is exactly why most cruise lines, including Celebrity, started adding the company name to their ships’ names. The funnel ought to be where the brand is predominantly displayed, NOT the name of the ship. Every other cruise line understands this. Leave the beautiful “X” alone on the funnel.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 2:41 PM, Lloyd555 said:

I am determined to post 100 Magic Carpet photos. :classic_tongue:

Photo by Yves Pommeron. 

First time I've noticed that the glass front is much higher on the right/forward than the left/aft. Any reason for that?

On 10/21/2018 at 2:41 PM, Lloyd555 said:

Pommeron October 20 2018 1.jpg

I assume that is to help reduce the impact of wind on the MC. But I still wonder what it will be like to be on MC on a windy day... hard to imagine having dinner with 35 mile an hour winds coming off the starboard side. Why I suspect that the schedule for dinner will depend upon location... ie when traveling short distances between ports like St Maarten and St Kitts etc.  and during non windy days.  We shall see

1 hour ago, cruise47 said:

It should not take five (5) days to install eight (8) on the new ship. The Edge.

We should know by Friday, October 25, 2018.

It should not take five (5) days to install eight (8) letters on the new ship. The Edge.

Wr should know by Friday, October 25,2018. What is going on.

I think the rooftop will be very popular...day and night...esp with suite guests having  exclusive forward views! We are looking forward to dinner, music, movies etc..

Does anyone know the sigificance of that big eye that  is seen on screens  in many of the photos,?

3 hours ago, kearney said:

I assume that is to help reduce the impact of wind on the MC. But I still wonder what it will be like to be on MC on a windy day... hard to imagine having dinner with 35 mile an hour winds coming off the starboard side. Why I suspect that the schedule for dinner will depend upon location... ie when traveling short distances between ports like St Maarten and St Kitts etc.  and during non windy days.  We shall see

In a Travel Weekly article I was reading earlier today Richard Fain said that they had to “tweak” the  MC to reduce the wind problem.

I agree that weather conditions will greatly impact events held on the MC.

10 hours ago, cruise47 said:

It should not take five (5) days to install eight (8) letters on the new ship. The Edge.

Wr should know by Friday, October 25,2018. What is going on.

Maybe only 4 letters? I agree that we will know soon, as Celebrity takes delivery next Wed! :classic_smile:

image.png.5467ffabcd0bae2d2c5e26f33f967f1e.png