Laundry

NavySis

Pods are the best way to go with the washing machines which are located on every cabin deck. They can get crowded at times with pax waiting usually for the inconsiderate pax that left their laundry in the washing machine after it finished (note: don't be surprised when you return and your laundry has been removed from the washer!). There are also ironing boards that get very heavy use on formal nights.

Word of advice: overloading the dryer only causes it to run much longer than if you did it in separate loads.

Adding to the thread, both washers and dryers require tokens at $3.00 each. These are available for sale in the laundry room using your cabin card at a vending machine.

IIRC, the washers took 25 mins and the dryers 30 mins.

Hours are limited from 8:00am to 10:00pm.

While I've never used the machines, there is a large stainless steel sink in the laundry rooms that is very good for washing out water shoes and snorkel gear. :)

yup - can confirm the sinks are where we washed our beach gear then hung it up to dry on our balcony - it dried over night while we enjoyed the evening activities

Just be mindful of the next person and wash down the sink after use to ensure you don't leave two ton of sand everywhere :)

The laundry sink is much better suited than trying to wash your stuff down your own bathroom or shower sinks

Adding to the thread, both washers and dryers require tokens at $3.00 each. These are available for sale in the laundry room using your cabin card at a vending machine.

IIRC, the washers took 25 mins and the dryers 30 mins.

Hours are limited from 8:00am to 10:00pm.

THANK YOU! This is VERY useful information, especially the timing of a load. While I currently will be sailing on the Golden Princess again in November, in the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite, there may come a time when I sail on a different ship and may need to do my own laundry, so pricing, timing of loads and hours are most welcome information. I am well aware the information is likely to have changed before I need it, but it gives a good practical starting point for budgeting. :D

I can sure understand why hoarders hoard. Every time I find a perfect product, next time I look for it it's discontinued. Shoes, hairspray, frozen crustless quiche, it's like manufacturers use me to decide what to drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app