As of today......RCI drink price increase!!!!!!!

TC38

I am interested in whether or not this is "holiday pricing" as well. We purchased the package for $46 + gratuity pp/pd and even at the full price level we would have broken even. Since the bottled water is included as well as my daily fru fru coffee drink, it's a good value for me. Even if I have to kick in an extra $1-3, I won't be upset but it would be good to know in advance. Hubby likes bourbon and rye and will not be happy with "rail" brands. Keep those reports coming in. :)

Looks like one of the problems is that prices are not cosistant across the fleet or maybe even bar to bar. Very hard to make decisions based on the information supplied by RC. I have read different things about even the value of drinks included in different countries but can't find anything about that on RC website.

Looks like one of the problems is that prices are not cosistant across the fleet or maybe even bar to bar. Very hard to make decisions based on the information supplied by RC. I have read different things about even the value of drinks included in different countries but can't find anything about that on RC website.

RC is purposely non-specific. Tha way they can change things whenever they want.

RC is purposely non-specific. Tha way they can change things whenever they want.

And not have the issue of the website being out of date/misleading as well. Which has been a common issue.

Maybe they should get rid of all references to pricing on everything and you simply find out what you paid when your credit card bill shows up. That would take a load of pressure off of the IT department.

I had not posted earlier prices or menus.

I was on the 17th until 26th. The old wine lists and menus until the 23rd

New one after that

We only paid upcharges on expensive wine at Vintages. We were surprised when Kim Crawford was no longer on the package but we found other wines

Sent from my VS987 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the info. Is Kim Crawford off the menu now? Or is the price higher? I cannot access your menus on my phone. KC is my go to wine as I find most Californian sauv blancs not citrusy enough. I will be very sad to hear its gone but Id rather know beforehand.

I got off Independence yesterday. Please note that I am not a very good photographer and for that reason I debated sharing these but since there has been so much discussion. I uploaded to a flickr album (41 photos). If there is a better way let me know

https://flic.kr/s/aHskRk4dLu

This is the entire new menu book found in most bars and the Vintages wine list

Here is one of the pics

31771773582_8bb4f9c0f8_z.jpgIMG_6070 by vavasmom, on Flickr

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the info. Is Kim Crawford off the menu now? Or is the price higher? I cannot access your menus on my phone. KC is my go to wine as I find most Californian sauv blancs not citrusy enough. I will be very sad to hear its gone but Id rather know beforehand.

KC on the menu $16/glass :mad:

I am not a fan of CA SB either.

KC on the menu $16/glass :mad:

I am not a fan of CA SB either.

I really hope thats for the holiday sailing. Guess I better start studying the list to see what else I would like. I refuse to pay above and beyond the package. Such ridiculous nickel and diming! I especially liked the plan because my favorite wine was included. Its like grabbing milk at the grocery store at a sale price and getting to the register and finding out they just bumped the price up. Annoying.

People get angry.

Wait a few days for it to pass.

Then turn around and book another RC cruise.

Not much of a statement.......

I have to agree with you.All most people seem to worry about how much other people tip.Royal Caribbean must get a great big laugh,while people are worrying about tips. Royal's picking their pockets. :D :) :rolleyes:

So a Bloody Mary is now $14 and would be an upcharge with the drink package which has a

$13 limit???

Yes, if a drink is $14 and the package limit is $13, then there would be an upcharge of $1.18 ($1 plus 18% gratuity).

Still sailing on allure ATM. Spent a pleasant few hours at the solarium bar yesterday and although it was great to have a new drinks menu ( already posted by vavasmom) it is really disappointing to have drinks listed that are outside the package.... first page is signature cocktails and then every page has another 2-3 drinks not included. Sorry, but we have paid a LOT of money for our 10 night drinks package which promised virtually all drinks included, so very disappointed to go to bars to see drinks advertised which you have to pay extra for....... don't really understand why royal are doing this as all it seems to be doing is pissing people off for the sake of an extra $ here and there!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So would it be a poor assumption that you could get a regular bloody mary, not an ultimate for the package price? Perhaps with Tito's not Grey Goose?

I would be very surprised if you could not get a regular Bloody Mary for less than the package limit.

So would it be a poor assumption that you could get a regular bloody mary, not an ultimate for the package price? Perhaps with Tito's not Grey Goose?

I don't drink Bloody Mary's but that was the case with other drinks (available for the $12 limit if a different alcohol was used)

I don't drink Bloody Mary's but that was the case with other drinks (available for the $12 limit if a different alcohol was used)

Thanks for the clarification. This will be our first drink package purchase and I was looking forward to not having to worry too much about what I was ordering. Looks like that won't be the case! I will have to remember to specify that I don't want to pay extra when I order a drink. Seems so ridiculous that Royal is doing this.

....... don't really understand why royal are doing this as all it seems to be doing is pissing people off for the sake of an extra $ here and there!!!!!!

Isn't that true for almost all upcharge items? RCI's bean counters have decided that the market will support an upcharge - whether it pisses off customers or not.

Edited by Biker19

Still sailing on allure ATM. Spent a pleasant few hours at the solarium bar yesterday and although it was great to have a new drinks menu ( already posted by vavasmom) it is really disappointing to have drinks listed that are outside the package.... first page is signature cocktails and then every page has another 2-3 drinks not included. Sorry, but we have paid a LOT of money for our 10 night drinks package which promised virtually all drinks included, so very disappointed to go to bars to see drinks advertised which you have to pay extra for....... don't really understand why royal are doing this as all it seems to be doing is pissing people off for the sake of an extra $ here and there!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey 38Anchor,

Have you tried going to the Guest Services desk to ask about the price increase and the fact that many drinks are not fully included in the package anymore/for the holidays?

Between the cost of drinks and the cruise prices themselves, we have given up on RCI for our next cruise. After only sailing RCI, five cruises in a row, we are booked on NCL for our next cruise over Thanksgiving next year.

Honestly, I feel like we saw the best of RCI a few years ago and it has slowly drifted away from us.

Dan

Anything cancelled on board would be refunded as refundable OBC that if unused would be refunded to your credit card at the end of your cruise.

I don't believe that's the case with the drink package. I think once you use it the first time you are committed for the remainder of the cruise. No refunds for unused days.

In November the max covered under the Deluxe was $13. I never paid extra for a (well can't recall what they poured) Bloody Mary or a GG Dirty Martini or Duck Horn cab.