As of today......RCI drink price increase!!!!!!!

TC38

I don't believe that's the case with the drink package. I think once you use it the first time you are committed for the remainder of the cruise. No refunds for unused days. ...

Perhaps the rules have changed, but it used to be that you could cancel the drink package within the first day or two. You would get a full refund for what you paid for the package, but then they would change you individually for all the drinks ordered.

I don't believe that's the case with the drink package. I think once you use it the first time you are committed for the remainder of the cruise. No refunds for unused days.

In November the max covered under the Deluxe was $13. I never paid extra for a (well can't recall what they poured) Bloody Mary or a GG Dirty Martini or Duck Horn cab.

They used to allow you to cancel. The website still says you can cancel. But we all know they are very slow to update their website.

Q: Can I cancel or change any of my Wine & Beverage packages?

A: Yes, you can typically cancel or change reservations online up to 2 days before your cruise begins by going to http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner. Once you log in to make your changes, we will be able to tell you the exact cut-off date for your sailing. If you are within the cut-off time, you will need to make your changes onboard.

Once onboard, you may cancel or change your package for an onboard credit. However, any consumed items will be charged.

I don't believe that's the case with the drink package. I think once you use it the first time you are committed for the remainder of the cruise. No refunds for unused days.

In November the max covered under the Deluxe was $13. I never paid extra for a (well can't recall what they poured) Bloody Mary or a GG Dirty Martini or Duck Horn cab.

I was assuming that the person posting was going to cancel immediately once they boarded.

Hey 38Anchor,

Have you tried going to the Guest Services desk to ask about the price increase and the fact that many drinks are not fully included in the package anymore/for the holidays?

What is Guest Services going to be able to do other than blame it on Miami Corporate? I would suggest going when the line is very short so they don't waste too much time to get what will probably a disappointing response.

Be aware, so no one is thrown for a loop, from what I've read the drink package covers drinks up to $12. If the drink costs more than that, you'll be charged the full amount and your account is credited $12. All comes out the same in the wash, just wanted everyone to be aware so that when it happens, you'll know you only end up paying the amount over $12 when all is said and done.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a drink I LOVE at the R bar on Freedom. Red Velvet Cake, I think it's called. I'd love to know the price! I drink several nightly when onboard and it might help me determine whether or not I want package. Also, if anyone has the recipe I'd love that too. I've been trying to recreate since last cruise in June with limited success. :)

Hi SarahD112,

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but just in case.

Red Velvet Cake Martini

1 part Pinnacle® Cake Vodka

1 part JDK & Sons™ Crave Chocolate Chili Liqueur Splash Grenadine Rim martini glass with shaved chocolate. Shake ingredients with ice, strain into prepared martini glass, and garnish with fresh strawberries.

Edited by nrazz

Be aware, so no one is thrown for a loop, from what I've read the drink package covers drinks up to $12. If the drink costs more than that, you'll be charged the full amount and your account is credited $12. All comes out the same in the wash, just wanted everyone to be aware so that when it happens, you'll know you only end up paying the amount over $12 when all is said and done.

Unless something has changed recently this was not how it was handled in August. DH had a $14 glass of wine at Wonderland. We were charged $2, plus the 18% gratuity. This was the only drink we had, 3 of us with the package btw, that went over the package limit.

We will be making sure we stick under whatever the limit is on our next sailing. Not happy if they truly are upping the cost of most drinks so that they are not completely covered with the package.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I've never heard of them doing it that way. Did they add a gratuity to the price?

Edited by dcgrumpy

I've never heard of them doing it that way. Did they add a gratuity to the price?

I looked at so many websites for current drink pricing that I can't remember where I read how it was done. Could easily have been wrong information but I can't find it now. I'm still trying to find current pricing for a lot of the specialty drinks and frozen drinks. I would have thought it would be easier to find!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They raised the max to $13 it just hasn't shown up on any printed material yet.

I have never seen where you pay full "boat" (pun intended) if the drink is over $13. I am 99% sure you only pay the difference over $13.

But things change so who knows what's taken place since November.

It looks like maybe premium is covered and signature will cost a dollar or two, based on photos posted by vavasmom? I'd still like to see more menus, ones that are specific to each bar but those pics were a good start!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by SarahD112

So a Bloody Mary is now $14 and would be an upcharge with the drink package which has a

$13 limit???

You're correct on the upcharge part, but I'm not sure that a bloody mary made with whichever vodka would be $14. The specialty "Perfect Bloody Mary" with Grey Goose, etc is, according to the pub menu posted earlier.

I bet you could order a bloody mary with Titos (which is actually just as good as the goose or Belvedere) and get it on the package without upcharge.

I think that's probably the case with any of those drinks. The exception might be the old fashioned, because a properly made old fashioned is always a double.

Seems to be R/C and Celebrity are raising the prices for drinks 20% ?

We are just off Silhouette, and If memory serves from our last Celebrity cruise some increases are happening and some "perks" are disappearing....we found that we liked Princess a bit better.

Maybe good bye to R/C-Celebrity (Like they care)

Between the cost of drinks and the cruise prices themselves, we have given up on RCI for our next cruise. After only sailing RCI, five cruises in a row, we are booked on NCL for our next cruise over Thanksgiving next year.

Honestly, I feel like we saw the best of RCI a few years ago and it has slowly drifted away from us.

Dan

Be aware that NCL does the same thing with their drink package too... They raised the prices several months ago so that many drinks were outside of the price limit. Some drinks could be made with a cheaper liquor, but some could not as they were 'signature drinks' or something like that. We sailed the Epic last month and still had a 'bar bill' even with the package.

Well unless I can get some recent drinks menus from the specific ship in sailing on (Explorer) and some direct reports of what prices are included I will probably cancel the package. For me the whole point of a drinks package is that it covers everything except top shelf and you don't have to worry about prices. May have to wait until I'm on the ship to purchase or give it a miss completely.

Well unless I can get some recent drinks menus from the specific ship in sailing on (Explorer) and some direct reports of what prices are included I will probably cancel the package. For me the whole point of a drinks package is that it covers everything except top shelf and you don't have to worry about prices. May have to wait until I'm on the ship to purchase or give it a miss completely.

We leave for Sydney in 120 minutes and are on the Explorers next cruise. All 6 of us have the Top Package AND we will let you know the real impact of these changes in addition to posting some Drinks Menus. X

If you get a chance, after the cruise on the Explorer can you post the various Cruise Compasses? I am going next year and trying to plan.

Yes, this will be a pleasure. My 10 year old son practices his reading on CC and we are both going to keep them and have them posted on here as soon as we get back...

Just on Allure for the 10 day holiday cruise to be welcomed by the comforting embrace of a 2 dollar charge for a Gin Fizz from the Pub bar........!!!!!!!! Apparently, a Deluxe Package doesn't stack any more for a Gin and sugary condiments. Seriously.....apparently RCI have decided on new menu's and new prices as of today.......JUST outside of the deluxe payment band....oh and don't get me started on the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc that is now $17 a pop. Happy Christmas one and all.....

Enjoy! Glad it is with a Sail pass card...no cash passed.

We leave for Sydney in 120 minutes and are on the Explorers next cruise. All 6 of us have the Top Package AND we will let you know the real impact of these changes in addition to posting some Drinks Menus. X

That will be excellent. Have a great cruise on what looks to be an amazing ship.

So I am having a hard time with this. It seems to me until the drink package gets higher than what I usually purchase it's still a good deal.

So the drink you like is $1.00 more than the $13 max of the deluxe package. Is it still worth it to cancel the package and pay ala carte? I am not sure.

My thinking is it's not just the alcohol, but the waters, soda, etc that might still make it a reasonable deal.

In November even at the higher per drink price I doubt it would have cost me more than $5 per day to pay the up charge.

I am feeling until the deluxe package hits $50 per day, factoring in what I might pay in $1 - $2 up charges, it's still not a bad deal.

We mainly drink wine and not only have the prices been increased, but the number of wines available by the glass have been drastically cut. Last year my fav Oberon cab sav was still included. On Ovation recently there was only one shiraz by the glass in the dining room. I think there were only three red wines btg on the whole menu.:mad:

We won't be getting the package any more, the diamond drinks and take on wine will do us.