sun or golden princess

HCI

And here's a pic of the promenade deck on the Golden Princess taken last April from the smokers section (aft) looking forward. I don't see any loungers or even chairs ... do you? And yes, much narrower than on the Sun Class ships. :p

020.jpg

Having just come off the Emerald, husband and I both agreed that the promenade deck was much wider on the Dawn/Sun/Sea.

They only had wooden chairs that laid back slightly on the Emerald, and we realised while sitting there that longer recliners would not allow people to walk past withour bumping in to them......Babsjo, we loved the longer wooden recliners on the Dawn Princess last April.

I agree with your comment. When I saw the chairs on the promenade deck on the Emerald, I thought the same as you - that there wasn't room to put the lay down lounges that they have on the Sun/Sea/Dawn.

I agree with your comment. When I saw the chairs on the promenade deck on the Emerald, I thought the same as you - that there wasn't room to put the lay down lounges that they have on the Sun/Sea/Dawn.

Just did a youtube search " promenade deck Golden Princess"

Having not cruised on the Golden yet, but thinking it is similar to Sapphie/Diamond/Emerald, the promenade actually looks even narrower!!

It certainly is different when walking to the front with the balconies there.

I love both ships but haven't been on either for many years so not sure how they have held up.

When I was last on the Sun our favorite was Alfredos on the top deck of the atrium... best EVER!

I prefer the balconies on the Golden, especially the corner afts or the caribe balconies - neither of which exist on the Sun. We actually shelled out the extra $$ for a corner aft mini-suite on the Sun hoping to get the same experience as the less expensive balcony cabin on the Golden and we were sorely disappointed. We just prefer the balconies that are built onto the outside of the hull rather than those on the Sun which feel like the "cove" balconies on Carnival... not bad just not as airy and bright.

All of that said... BOTH are stunningly beautiful ships!

Well some people get caught out don't they.

Having sailed all 4 vessels, we can ascertain that Sun ,Sea and Dawn have a wider promenade than the Golden.

The 3 Sun class vessels have wooden deck chairs with blue cushions, and they are one of the best places to sit, lie ,read with a dwinkie, and very peaceful, watching the sea go by.

The Golden does not have these deck-chairs, it only has bench seats.

The Guldens Promenade is narrower.

As for the Atrium, I couldn't comment, but for the O.P, you will find the sun class ships to be more intimate.

Less crowds on the islands,etc,etc.

Just refer O.K.Js post, which just about says it spot on.

Now back to Photos, where are these Photos.

What people might relise is that, a few people that post here and on the main boards haven't cruised at all or haven't cruised for a very long time, and are quite pedantic in impressing their views upon, new-bee cruisers.

Take no P-u-c-k-I-n notice of them, they are has-beens, wash-outs, clinging on to a dream that they can never capture again.:):)

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, TO THE TRUE PEOPLE.

Edited by mrs and mrs

What people might relise is that, a lot of people that post here and on the main boards haven't cruised at all or haven't cruised for a very long time, and are quite pedantic in impressing their views upon, new-bee cruisers.

Take no P-u-c-k-I-n notice of them, they are has-beens, wash-outs, clinging on to a dream that they can never capture again.:):).

You are so right. :) There used to be someone posting on here as Th... . He claimed to have done dozens of cruises, all in "suits" and that he would airfreight ten suitcases of clothes to Sydney for the cruise. The stories got wilder and wilder. He had only done around four cruises, all or most from Brisbane where he lives. I got the impression he just wanted to "be someone" by posting on here full of knowledge, but when the info was wrong he would just brazen it out insisting he was correct. :D

I am NOT referring to anyone who currently posts and I don't believe the current poster is another incarnation of Th... .

LOL, yeah well, ive prob said enough, anyways cant really be bothered with fakes.

But as a matter of interest, we at the moment are done with cruising and are onwards with planning new adventures.

We are just back from the Whitsundays, and our plans involve a 30/40 foot boat, no formals, no Mdr, but heaps of lobster and seafood.

Will take a year to plan out, but will pop in now and again.

Prob wont be the right forum to post on, but looking forward to waving at yas all, as you smash past us on the way through the South Pacific.

To al the good people, keep that dream alive and help out those new-bees hey.:):)

LOL, new-bbes, we only done 4, keep helping us lot.

Edited by mrs and mrs

LOL, yeah well, ive prob said enough, anyways cant really be bothered with fakes.

But as a matter of interest, we at the moment are done with cruising and are onwards with planning new adventures.

We are just back from the Whitsundays, and our plans involve a 30/40 foot boat, no formals, no Mdr, but heaps of lobster and seafood.

Prob wont be the right forum to post on, but looking forward to waving at yas all, as you smash past us on the way through the South Pacific.

To al the good people, keep that dream alive and help out those new-bees hey.:):)

Don't just disappear. Your posts have been refreshing and fun. You don't have to have a big-ship cruise planned to post on here. :)

Cheers for that, wont disappear, just sitting back and watching, trying to digest how cruise companies are changing things, all in pursuit of the mighty dollar.

And the changes are not for the best , in our opinion.:mad:

And by digesting, we can put our expectations into perspective.

Edited by mrs and mrs

Any invites to old CC mates to join you for a couple of weeks,

Nudge nudge wink wink.

JOB DONE,;):)

We are dreamers, but incredibly we usually achieve them.:)

If you don't dream you don't achieve.

I only said to Mrs Gut the other day, who would have thought, 35 years ago that this would be us.

Two kids, little education, few prospects, no money.

Now

Two old farts, great education, great prospects, no money.

That's still on my bucket list but whether I ever get to do it is another matter. I've done a few boat charters, both yacht and launch. The downside is you still have to cook your own meals and the blasted fridges and freezers (if any) onboard are really tiny and never work properly. Keeping food fresh becomes a real challenge.

If you don't dream you don't achieve.

I only said to Mrs Gut the other day, who would have thought, 35 years ago that this would be us.

Two kids, little education, few prospects, no money.

Now

Two old farts, great education, great prospects, no money.

Once upon a time we had the money but no time, now we have the time but no money. Where's that lotto win when you need it!

Once upon a time we had the money but no time, now we have the time but no money. Where's that lotto win when you need it!

Currently we have neither time, nor money.

Said to Mrs Gut the other day that PowerBall would be nice.

Did a quick road trip to Lismore to see her dad, everywhere we stayed we got room 22 (cabin 22 in a van park even) went for a feed, guess our table number, yep 22, went to damn Maccas guess what our order number was, yep 022, figured I at least had the powerball number. But did I win.... nope.

That's still on my bucket list but whether I ever get to do it is another matter. I've done a few boat charters, both yacht and launch. The downside is you still have to cook your own meals and the blasted fridges and freezers (if any) onboard are really tiny and never work properly. Keeping food fresh becomes a real challenge.

Fresh is easy, catch your own.

I am sorry, but your description of the promenade deck on the Sun Princess isn't correct. The deck is quite wide and just narrows for the last 7 or 8 metres near the bow of the ship where the Princess Theatre widens out. This is before the narrow passageway that goes around to the deck on the other side (all on one level). The promenade deck is also narrower beside the Vista Lounge at the aft of the ship. There are a few sections where there are bay windows that extend probably two-thirds of a meter into the deck space. I have only seen lay-down sun lounges on the Sun Princess plus some timber seats that have storage for life vests. I did see sit-up deck chairs on the Emerald Princess, but have never seen them on the Sun, Sea or Dawn P.

I'll second that Aus Traveller. I've walked around the promenade deck more times than I care to remember ;)