Debarkation procedures change?

Gracie115

I love to board the ship early, but am not in a big hurry to get into my cabin.

If one has to be totally out of their cabin by 7:00 AM, then as mentioned above on this thread, breakfast should be earlier!

However, I also believe that 7:00 is pushing the envelope off the counter and onto the floor! We always carry off our own luggage!

Money, money, money...the reason for all of this? The bottom line seems to not have a bottom anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

I love to board the ship early, but am not in a big hurry to get into my cabin.

If one has to be totally out of their cabin by 7:00 AM, then as mentioned above on this thread, breakfast should be earlier!

Breakfast was served from 05:30 in at least one venue on Equinox.

Just got off of Equinox this morning and since we were "walk offs" I cannot confirm the timing of putting out luggage but I CAN confirm the 7am room vacate notice.

WE are on a Celebrity cruise in June, and just found out our return flight was moved up a few hours. When you are a walk-off, does that mean you can walk off with your luggage between 7-7:30? We need to get off the ship asap!!

Thanks!

WE are on a Celebrity cruise in June, and just found out our return flight was moved up a few hours. When you are a walk-off, does that mean you can walk off with your luggage between 7-7:30? We need to get off the ship asap!!

Thanks!

That all depends. Different ships with different arrival times will have different disembarkation times for walk-off.

We have been growing disillusioned with the reducing quality of cruising on Celebrity for some time now and whilst it may seem a small thing to some, asking us to effectively check out at 7am is the final straw.

Plenty of other, better options for our holiday ££££.

Cabin stewards don't collect the bags on the last night. They have a team of people patrolling the corridors collecting bags and placing then in the respective bins according to time of disembarkation. If it was left to the cabin stewards they would be working until much later than normal.

Where did you get that misinformation? The assistant stewards have always (well, since 1998 anyhow) been responsible for luggage collection. That duty has now passed to the steward since there are no more assistants.

I find it absolutely incredible that vacating rooms by 7.00am instead of previous 8.00 am is such an issue. I cant help thinking about the number of early rises one does on a port intensive cruise in order to get ashore early to meet transport or make the most of ones day. I think its time someone got a grip of themselves. When we come on board we all want access to our cabins as soon as possible so lets give the stateroom crew some assistance. You have had your holiday and get off and let the new crowd start theirs.

Bravo! I, for one, can't WAIT to get to the port and get on the ship!

What time do the Customs agents open their lines at

Port Everglades, Miami, San Pedro ports?

If everything could happen earlier it might be workable...esp for those taking a chance on early , less expensive flights.

But sitting around in overcrowded spaces any longer than necessary is not very appealing!

I find it absolutely incredible that vacating rooms by 7.00am instead of previous 8.00 am is such an issue. I cant help thinking about the number of early rises one does on a port intensive cruise in order to get ashore early to meet transport or make the most of ones day. I think its time someone got a grip of themselves. When we come on board we all want access to our cabins as soon as possible so lets give the stateroom crew some assistance. You have had your holiday and get off and let the new crowd start theirs.

No, we don't all necessarily want access to our cabins as soon as possible. If the ship isn't sailing till 430pm from Southampton (our last 3 cruises) my wife and I are in no rush to get on board and spend the afternoon looking at the local ikea, oil refinery, or scrap metal yards.

Getting up for a day trip is a choice one makes on holiday, no one makes you do it.

Setting your alarms and vacating your room at 7am for no other reason than accommodating a Celebrity cutback is not acceptable. They'll cut the breakfast back on the last day next.

Edited by DYKWIA

Just got off the Silhouette today and we were supposed to vacate by 7:00 a.m. We were a bit late, but our cabin attendant was working in another room at the time. We did self disembark, but the instructions also noted for those who were not doing it on their own, to have all bags out by 10:00 p.m. It did seem that many more people were doing the self disembark. When we finally got down to Deck 5, after having to wait for an elevator as they were all full for a while, the line was incredibly long. As we were making our way to the end of the line, it moved slowly but then kind of opened up. It didn't really make a difference for us as we were driving, but it does have me thinking of how this is going to work on our up coming Reflection sailing where we will have transportation waiting for us to get us to the airport for a flight out of Rome.

No, we don't all necessarily want access to our cabins as soon as possible. If the ship isn't sailing till 430pm from Southampton (our last 3 cruises) my wife and I are in no rush to get on board and spend the afternoon looking at the local ikea, oil refinery, or scrap metal yards.

Getting up for a day trip is a choice one makes on holiday, no one makes you do it.

Setting your alarms and vacating your room at 7am for no other reason than accommodating a Celebrity cutback is not acceptable. They'll cut the breakfast back on the last day next.

I agree with you on all points, especially the first one. We arrive after 1PM nearly all the time. Really don't like the idea of dragging carry on luggage around the ship for a couple of hours waiting for cabins to be ready. What is the "fun" in that!!??

Just got off the Silhouette today ... but it does have me thinking of how this is going to work on our up coming Reflection sailing where we will have transportation waiting for us to get us to the airport for a flight out of Rome.

You got off at Port Everglades.

I can just say that Civitavecchia is much smoother most of the times than Fort Lauderdale. In part it might have to do with Civitavecchia not having to deal with immigration officials.

You got off at Port Everglades.

I can just say that Civitavecchia is much smoother most of the times than Fort Lauderdale. In part it might have to do with Civitavecchia not having to deal with immigration officials.

Disembarkation in Civitavecchia is smooth once one is off the ship. It's the amount of self disembark passengers waiting in line to get off the ship that has me concerned about timing. It seemed to me that there were a much larger number of passengers choosing this option than the old way, which made for a much longer line. The line inside the ship was about a half hour, and it looped around a couple times. Not terrible, but we will just have to make sure that we are in line early enough in order to meet our transpiration to FCO.

Immigration in FLL was actually a breeze this time; no wait at all.

Cabin stewards don't collect the bags on the last night. They have a team of people patrolling the corridors collecting bags and placing then in the respective bins according to time of disembarkation....

It's been a couple years since I cruised. Do they now have teleporters to beam these extra teams of people on board, or do they have some other way of transporting them to the ship?

I find it absolutely incredible that vacating rooms by 7.00am instead of previous 8.00 am is such an issue. I cant help thinking about the number of early rises one does on a port intensive cruise in order to get ashore early to meet transport or make the most of ones day. I think its time someone got a grip of themselves....

Speak for yourselves early riser!.

Disembarkation day has always been the earliest we get up during a cruise so we have time to get ready, clear out our final things and have breakfast before leaving the cabin and that was back when they asked us to vacate by 8AM or later.

The only time we've gotten up earlier for an excursion has been those rare times on European cruises when we've ported at a port that was distant from the main attraction (like Livorno for Florence or Civitavecchia for Rome) and had a full day excursion planned. But at other ports, or the Caribbean, we never been ready to head out that early let alone allow time to clear out the cabin.

It's been a couple years since I cruised. Do they now have teleporters to beam these extra teams of people on board, or do they have some other way of transporting them to the ship?

Speak for yourselves early riser!.

Disembarkation day has always been the earliest we get up during a cruise so we have time to get ready, clear out our final things and have breakfast before leaving the cabin and that was back when they asked us to vacate by 8AM or later.

The only time we've gotten up earlier for an excursion has been those rare times on European cruises when we've ported at a port that was distant from the main attraction (like Livorno for Florence or Civitavecchia for Rome) and had a full day excursion planned. But at other ports, or the Caribbean, we never been ready to head out that early let alone allow time to clear out the cabin.

I am looking forward to my next cruise but this sort of ending will leave a sour taste and throw the holiday into a different perspective when I get back.

It has been our experience that the cabin stewards are already posted in the hall ready to clean the cabins as they become vacant. That's usually when we say our goodbyes to our cabin steward. Gives us the opportunity to check out some of the suites on our floor. It is my opinion the get your luggage out early and vacate your cabin by 7:AM is a recommendation/suggestion and not mandatory.

We have always seen our cabin steward working hard very early in morning of Debarkation. We too say good bye.

But there might be some wasted time by stewards up and down hallway between cabins.

The disembark from Solstice at Sydney after this past Christmas/New Year cruise was vacate cabin by 0800 with luggage out by 2200 the night before - and yes it was our cabin steward who collected the cases.

0700 is too early for me, and as regards boarding early on embarkation day, yes we are normally guilty of this purely because our hotels from the night before embarkation normally want us out by 1000/1100 - there's not much else you can do with all your luggage in tow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Speak for yourself please. I don't expect my suite to be available when I board; I am quite used to checking in at the finest hotels in the world where check in time is mid to late afternoon. And for that reason I don't board the ship until close to 2 pm; I stay out of the way of the people trying to prepare the ship. Maybe if some people "got a grip" and didn't rush on board demanding their cabin be ready this wouldn't be an issue.

The answer is to have a way to identify the cabins of the walk-offs and others who vacate their cabins early by their choice. Start on those cabins first.

Touche'!! I, for one, don't ever rush to get up to get into any port early in the morning. I never ever book any excursion that starts before 10 AM. I am a morning person but hate to be rushed while getting ready and out the door at 8 AM, not to mention at 7 AM, which is just ridiculous! This request to vacate your cabin doesn't even mean you are getting to disembark earlier ... it just concentrates the crowds in the public areas of the ship even more now. Not an ideal way to end a relaxing vacation.

Plus, I also never insist on getting on the ship early when starting my cruise. If it were up to me, we would all be able to board up until 7 PM or 8 PM and stay onboard until noon on disembarkation day.

I agree with you wholeheartedly ... clean the cabins of those that are walk-offs first and the stewards can buddy up and clean empty cabins first, leaving the 8 AM and even 9 AM departures for later.

I will not berate the room stewards in the very least as this is not their doing. I will also abide by the rules but will also put in my 2 cents worth to Celebrity. Maybe they will realize that this is an imposition on a good number of their guests. And ... no ... for those that will go off and assume I will protest and claim not book on Celebrity, that is not what I am saying. However, I do have a right to my opinion and will be sure it is known.

I don't like it!!

Later embarkation, earlier debarkation, higher cruise fares, and fewer amenities. What will they think of next? I am hesitant about my upcoming Eclipse cruise. I usually have several future Celebrity cruises booked. Not this time. My next 2 cruises are not on Celebrity. With the new higher fares, I can explore other cruise options. I am hoping that my Eclipse cruise is really good. After reading recent posts, I am a bit worried.

Good points. With the early cabin check-out and the increasing number of walk-offs, with all their luggage, there will be a lot more congestion in the public areas, as we experienced yesterday. We were instructed to vacate the cabins by 7:00 a.m., but I don't believe the ship had cleared yet, which is not unusual. As walk-offs we were told we could "leave the ship" (assuming it had been cleared) anytime between 7:30 and 9:30. With an early flight or a long drive, I like being able to get off somewhat early some times, but 7:00 is just too early as a requirement for all to vacate their cabins.