Rum Runner Risks

Clepire

Cheating the cruise line?

The same line that screws us each year by raising prices on pretty much everything?

No .. its just called outsmarting them a bit. They still make plenty of $ off us all at the bar regardless of whether we've taken some of our own on as well.

Rum Runners are the best invention ever.

Totally agree!

They try to steal from their customers every way they can - get them back!

Totally agree!

They try to steal from their customers every way they can - get them back!

You got it, Thorben-Hendrik! Lets have a drink to that .. we'll toast all the uptight rule enforcer tattletale types on here!

Hey .. I know where we can get some liquor! Shhhhh ! ;):evilsmile:

Originally posted by Elvis1209 Here's an idea-why don't you just pay for your drinks or buy the drink package?

Elvis

I don't smuggle, but HERE is the reason I "don't just pay for my drinks or buy the drink package." Both are outrageously expensive. I would buy drinks if RCI priced their drinks reasonably. They don't, so I do without, except the two bottles of wine I bring onboard. I really just don't like to get ripped off.

The last time I was in Florida and went to any bar that offered live music or entertainment in nice surroundings or to any fairly decent restaurant the prices for drinks were easily as expensive as those on almost ANY cruise ship I have been on.

Wine in most places is calculated at about 3 times its cost per bottle.

Take a one mile drive in the Albany area on its main strip and 15 out of 20 bars, sports bars or restaurants charge as much if not more for cocktails..

bosco

You got it, Thorben-Hendrik! Lets have a drink to that .. we'll toast all the uptight rule enforcer tattletale types on here!

Hey .. I know where we can get some liquor! Shhhhh ! ;):evilsmile:

Just to be clear, I don’t care if you smuggle a truckload onto a ship but your justification for it here on CC is as farcical as it gets. Happy sailing.

Gregg

bosco

The Prosecco is $8-$10 per bottle in stores.

On board it’s $13 a glass. 6 glasses per bottle. $78

So at best 7-8 times the cost argh plus tip if not on package.

Funniest thing I’ve heard about is someone put Bacardi in a Listerine bottle without their DW knowing and worrying. Then at 6am there’s a shout from the bathroom “Jeeze what the hell have they put in this new listerine?”

More of a risk than the naughty room [emoji33]

Just to be clear, I don’t care if you smuggle a truckload onto a ship but your justification for it here on CC is as farcical as it gets. Happy sailing.

Gregg

Whats farcical? Not indulging the cruise line in paying their yearly drink (and package price) increases if I can avoid some of it ? "That's business" as you say? Well good for them. They're making a fortune. Bravo.

You seem awfully interested in what I'm doing .. why's that? I think you're taking notes so you can smuggle on your next cruise.

Its RUMRUNNERFLASKS dot COM .. thought I'd help you out a little there.

Now ..Happy Sailing.

So when you go into a restaurant do you bring your own alcohol as well, if you do not believe it is properly priced?

Royal is in it to make money, it is your option whether you want patronize them or not. At the end of the day, this causes profits to decrease and then they look for ways to create more ways to create revenue and increase drink prices to keep their profit margins, and/or come up with "specialty" dinning to create another source of revenue. Again it is up to you whether you want to find another cruise line if you do not like their pricing, but any way you want to spin it, we all are affected by your decisions. This is a for profit business!

So when you go into a restaurant do you bring your own alcohol as well, if you do not believe it is properly priced?

Royal is in it to make money, it is your option whether you want patronize them or not. At the end of the day, this causes profits to decrease and then they look for ways to create more ways to create revenue and increase drink prices to keep their profit margins, and/or come up with "specialty" dinning to create another source of revenue. Again it is up to you whether you want to find another cruise line if you do not like their pricing, but any way you want to spin it, we all are affected by your decisions. This is a for profit business!

Do these go with the runner? http://*******/booze-bangle

Who spends 7 days in a restaurant !?

And no, the cruse line isn't passing along all that lost liquor revenue caused by us Rum Runner smugglers to all the rest of you. That's a bit of a stretch. They are raising prices each year in every venue to line their own pockets.

Like "Big G" here says .... "that's business".

The two 12oz flasks of liquor I take on a cruise once a year won't sink your precious Royal Caribbean. Don't worry .. they'll be just fine. But they'll still increase prices on everything next year regardless. Just don't blame us smugglers!

I have done a lot of research on Rum Runners and was hoping to bring them on my next cruise. However, today I was reading the cruise documentation and it said "

Guests who violate any alcohol policies (over consuming,

providing alcohol to people under the age of 21,

demonstrating irresponsible behavior, or attempting

to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage

checkpoints or any other time), may be disembarked or

not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance

with the Guest Conduct Policy."

Has anyone actually gotten kicked off the cruise for trying to bring Rum Runners on?

I am 6 for 6 with rum runners. Pack them inside my BCD in my scuba bag. I guess they look like part of the vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used to use rum runners all the time. But with the drink packages, and just being lazy now, we don't anymore.

We were never caught.

I wouldn't worry about what you read. If you're caught, they'll just take the RRs away (you won't get them back). Just don't overdo. Place them among o hard items, like shoes, shaving lotion, etc.

Why place them among hard items??? They are very easy to see on X-ray. When filled with liquid they glow bright orange! :eek: Trust me. I have used the baggage X-ray at work and you can't hide them.

Pack with toiletry bags. The only part that shows on the xray is the cap.

Disagree with you there. Have you put them through an X-ray machine?? If empty they are hard to detect among other organics such as clothing. When full, you get to see them in their full glory! I've done it.

I don't quite understand the obsession that some people on here have with smuggling booze. My ex-wife did it and I found it to be a royal pain in the @$$. Plus the one drink she tried to make with it tasted like mouthwash. Not worth the effort.

The very first cruise we took I saw something on the Internet that said to buy the big bottles of Scope at Costco, pour your vodka in and tint it green. 100% no problem. Then my cheap self decided to go get fruit punch from the buffet. Sounded like a good idea at the time. What does green and red make? Brown. So here we were sitting on the balcony drinking brown minty fruit punch. :o Only had one drink of that crap! :rolleyes:

bosco

The Prosecco is $8-$10 per bottle in stores.

On board it’s $13 a glass. 6 glasses per bottle. $78

So at best 7-8 times the cost argh plus tip if not on package.

I am talking about the price of a bottle at a restaurant... Pricing by the glass is always much higher... Spoilage and inventory management...

Funniest thing I’ve heard about is someone put Bacardi in a Listerine bottle without their DW knowing and worrying. Then at 6am there’s a shout from the bathroom “Jeeze what the hell have they put in this new listerine?”

More of a risk than the naughty room [emoji33]

I made my living selling booze from behind a bar. If anyone was found with a pint of JD, rum or anything else and was mixing their own with just the purchase of a glass of Coke they would be rapidly introduced to my bouncer for a trip to the parking lot.

I still don't think cocktail prices are that far from the norm, at least in most Cities like NY .

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Not worth the hassle of having them hold onto your luggage until you go claim it. The drink package is a breeze, well worth the cost

ITA but when they make both people buy the drink package when one can't actually use it for medical reasons - that's a problem.

I think RCL should not make someone who either can't drink for medical reasons or addiction reasons buy a package so their partner can buy one is awful.

they dont-

they explicity say that the policy can be overrriden for that exact reason.

really try to get them to enforce that. We have requested it multiple times for upcoming cruise been turned down 3 times so far.

really try to get them to enforce that. We have requested it multiple times for upcoming cruise been turned down 3 times so far.

We always had one with alcohol and one without.. Now there is no choice. Have to get both with even though the strongest thing my wife will drink is a VIRGIN frozen peach daiquiri.

I am sure that with all the posts giving information as well as boasting about smuggling, rum runners, using one card for more than one person or for that matter just violating one of the simplest rules that are well known and part of the agreement we sail under had nothing to do with that...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bosco