Wall Safe in the Epic

nealjr

Can anyone tell me if the wall safe is large enough to put two 15" laptops in why we are out of the room-we have a Mini Suite(12083) if that makes any difference. Thanks:)

Doubt it, I had to play tetris to fit 2 ipads and other various items in it. The safes are not that big.

Can anyone tell me if the wall safe is large enough to put two 15" laptops in why we are out of the room-we have a Mini Suite(12083) if that makes any difference. Thanks:)

No you can't fit anything that big in the safe. I will tell you that IMO there is no need to put electronics in the safe. We leave multiple laptops, ipads, phones and cameras all over the cabin and have never felt the need to try to conceal them. We are comfortable leaving them out.

No you can't fit anything that big in the safe. I will tell you that IMO there is no need to put electronics in the safe. We leave multiple laptops, ipads, phones and cameras all over the cabin and have never felt the need to try to conceal them. We are comfortable leaving them out.

I feel the same but it's my wife who has the concerns.

If you can still edit your original post then you may want to remove the cabin number.

Not much of a risk, I know, but we now know which room two laptops will be in on that cruise.

I understand but I didn't say when we were going.:)

Yep, you are correct but at this point since the wall safe isn't as large as needed I doubt they will come with us.:eek:

It wasn't much of a risk anyway. The chances of someone seeing your post on there who happened to be on your cruise and is also the sort of person who would want to nick something are pretty remote.

It's always worth giving as little info as possible. I just thought I'd mention it in case you could edit it, as it wasn't something that made any difference to the question anyway.

If you can still edit your original post then you may want to remove the cabin number.

Not much of a risk, I know, but we now know which room two laptops will be in on that cruise.

Not only the off chance that a cc poster on this thread is sailing on that particular cruise and wants to steal laptops ....lol

But....

The crew members that read these threads too

Yes I know all 1000 of them are our best friends and we visit their families when we go to their country and they visit us in our homes when they take a leisure vacay here

My point is....sometimes...its TMI

I might tell you I own beachfront property in the Hamptons...or some other such nonsense...lol....but I don't post my cruise dates. On the rare occasion I admit to being on a particular cruise it's usually after the fact

I've even stopped posting on the roll calls

I'm amazed how many post on the roll calls like this....

Hi we are Jim and barb from Hicksville Long Island and we are cruising with our best friends Fred and Ethel from valley stream.

You get the idea

Tmi

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

• 11 months later...

And that is how ID fraud starts - well spotted.

And Keith is 100% correct no chance.

One cruise I HAD to bring a laptop to log into work on daily basis (it was the time when the back-up person I had at work had to quit for family reasons) .... I just left it on the table (it was on a Jewel class ship) in the corner the whole time.

I have already told my workplace: Never Again! I don't take the laptop on vacations anymore - just my iPad - that I put in the drawer while on ship.

I think since it was a year ago maybe they just saw January? We have a purse we purchased in Lisbon for 1200.00 much more valuable than a laptop we put it in the top overhead storage and did not give it a second thought. The Epic has so much storage space that you could hide 10 laptops and it would take more than a few minutes to even find one of them. The storage under and inside the couch to start....

Putting your names and city for a cruise reminds me of an old site called pleaserobme.com that combined social media postings to show when people were and were not home.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100222023730/http://mashable.com:80/2010/02/17/pleaserobme/

You are responding to a question from last January. Value?

Whats your problem ID fraud still exits unless who cares when Keith posted.

Probably too much time on your hands - oh and BTW I will not be back to see you reply

My point is....sometimes...its TMI

I might tell you I own beachfront property in the Hamptons...or some other such nonsense...lol....but I don't post my cruise dates. On the rare occasion I admit to being on a particular cruise it's usually after the fact

I've even stopped posting on the roll calls

I'm amazed how many post on the roll calls like this....

Hi we are Jim and barb from Hicksville Long Island and we are cruising with our best friends Fred and Ethel from valley stream.

You get the idea

Tmi

I think it's a function of where they live. In my city, it's growing rapidly. Crime is going up (in no small part due to our idiotic governor). In any case, there's been an outcry over people getting robbed. The thing is, they're complaining about getting robbed when they admittedly left their garage or car doors unlocked. Sometimes even open.

Now, I didn't grow up in the area so I find it astounding that they'd be surprised they got robbed when they left everything open. Especially when everyone knows there's a big drug problem in the outlying areas. But, it's still small town feel. People know and actually talk to their neighbors, etc. Vs where I grew up and in over 30 years, I only saw one neighbor once and the other only a handful of times (at least that one said hi during those handful of times).

I don't even post photos on social media until after I've returned.