Butter dish refused

antsp

I just got off the Star Thursday from a 15 night Hawaiian cruise. The butter was rationed as already described. I asked why and was told due to waste. Apparently wasted bread from the bread basket isn't an issue but maybe it soon will be! I found in general the quality of the cruise has decreased in service and quality. The cuts of meats were cheap and covered with herbs and tarragon or spices. Very little beef and the always menu didn't have the steak or beef medallions anymore. There was a lot of fish which I don't care for.

I had a 6 PM confirmed dinner which they changed AGAIN to 5:30. This has been a usual deception for years and I don't understand why they don't just put the accurate time on the choices when you choose your dinning time.

I just got off the Star Thursday from a 15 night Hawaiian cruise. The butter was rationed as already described. I asked why and was told due to waste. Apparently wasted bread from the bread basket isn't an issue but maybe it soon will be! I found in general the quality of the cruise has decreased in service and quality. The cuts of meats were cheap and covered with herbs and tarragon or spices. Very little beef and the always menu didn't have the steak or beef medallions anymore. There was a lot of fish which I don't care for.

I had a 6 PM confirmed dinner which they changed AGAIN to 5:30. This has been a usual deception for years and I don't understand why they don't just put the accurate time on the choices when you choose your dinning time.

cruzsnooze, My last cruise on princess has me rethinking my vacation choices:( . I just did not feel like I have on most other cruises.I hope I feel differently later, as I do love to cruise.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Bookings for a cruise can start two years before embarkation day.

They do not know what the actual dining times will be that far in advance and the on board staff making those decisions do not make them until much closer to the start of the cruise, so the 6 PM time is really only a place holder.

I once had 8 PM as the chosen time on a B2B. It turned out that the first segment was at 7:45 and the second segment was at 8:15.

Thank you for confirming what I suspected...just another cost cutting measure.

It will show up somewhere as a perk..."all the butter you want" no waiting ...lol

Reader

Interesting comment, anyone know the butter situation in club class

Bookings for a cruise can start two years before embarkation day.

They do not know what the actual dining times will be that far in advance and the on board staff making those decisions do not make them until much closer to the start of the cruise, so the 6 PM time is really only a place holder.

A place holder is doubtful because my written confirmation states CONFIRMED 6 PM dining. They do this on all the cruises I've been on and it's dishonest not to be upfront. They could state it is subject to change if they wished to honest about it.

We had breakfast in Sabitini's every morning and they left the butter dish on the table with one pat per person. The service in there was so attentive you could get more instantly. At dinner no butter was served because they pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar on your bread dish for dipping the bread although I'm sure if you asked you could get butter easily.

Edited by cruzsnooze

What!!! That is not ok! You should not have to ask more than once for a butter dish. I never had a problem with a butter dish or anything else while dining. I would tell the person at the front who served you about this ! Do not let this ever happen again! The purser needs to know. We pay a lot for the cruise and we need to be treated with respect!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They cut warm cookies and milk from evening MUTS and have now changed wording to daytime wqarm cookies and milk. Who wants them in the afternoon? I agree with the beef issue also. I'd compare it to the Railroads who hire College Grads to cut costs. They have no experience with Cruising, quality or how people feel. They cut back on the number of Employees. It's Nickle and Dime people to death. I've had my last Cruise with Princess. I want what I pay for. I should get Impeccable Service, the quality of Food from 1980s, and what they promise. Instead It's all Upsell, You want a Coke with that? That will be $2.50 extra, Rolls will be $1.00, You want Butter? BWAHAHAHAHAH:eek:

Edited by WupperAV

Complaining about all the cuts is all very well and good, I am one to do so, but what do you do. Last October I and 15 family members sailed on rccl to me it was terrible compared to today's Princess product. My recent cruise on the Ruby had lots of things missing. What's the choice, my sister recently sailed on Silversea, absolutely amazing but a £8000 for 2 it should be.

Things missing from my previous cruise in May 16

Pub lunch only salty dog in day

No butter on table

No mints as exit dining room

No log of cruise

No room service breakfast card left at anytime in cabin

No fruit bowl order left

No canapés order card for formal night

Buffet repeated exactly the same for 2 days running and so on

Still a great cruise but ........

Why erode a great product so many people love

Complaining about all the cuts is all very well and good, I am one to do so, but what do you do. Last October I and 15 family members sailed on rccl to me it was terrible compared to today's Princess product. My recent cruise on the Ruby had lots of things missing. What's the choice, my sister recently sailed on Silversea, absolutely amazing but a £8000 for 2 it should be.

Things missing from my previous cruise in May 16

Pub lunch only salty dog in day

No butter on table

No mints as exit dining room

No log of cruise

No room service breakfast card left at anytime in cabin

No fruit bowl order left

No canapés order card for formal night

Buffet repeated exactly the same for 2 days running and so on

Still a great cruise but ........

Why erode a great product so many people love

Plenty of mints on the Royal. They were so bad that no one wanted any. :D

I had read about the serving of butter prior to my B2B on the Crown in December and personally wasn't perturbed. I did not say anything to my husband (over 20 cruises on Princes) or my sister and brother-in-law (this was their second and third Princess cruises) to see what their reaction would be. None of them mentioned it! We had excellent wait staff and after the first evening they knew who didn't want butter and who did (and how many pats). They even confirmed each evening if anyone wanted more (or less). Not a problem for the 4 of us.

Butter is left on the table at breakfast and lunch. Just not dinner :( I don't understand it because there is a lot of wasted rolls. During my 28 day cruise on the Crown in Oct/Nov there were a couple of times when we were seated last and the butter had already been handed out. It took a while before we saw the waiter to ask for butter. We complained on the survey. This policy makes no sense at all.

Just curious, I wonder if they do this in the specialty restaurant's . I mean you know to avoid waste!

Reader

Whenever we have gone to the specialty restaurants, the butter dish is always left on the table. Our last cruises were in November and December on the Regal and Caribbean.....no butter problems:D

Plenty of mints on the Royal. They were so bad that no one wanted any. :D

Just got off the Ruby. We had the canape order for both formal nights and the breakfast menu card was in out room daily. If it isn't there, just call room service. I do miss the mints outside the dining room. I think the waiters will leave as many butter patties as you request. We had a gentleman at one of our tables who rudely told the waiter he wanted a dish of butter patties. He got them but I don't think it is necessary to be rude. The waiters are doing what they are told to do. They are probably trying to avoid waste. I didn't think about the travel log until you mentioned it.

HMMMM! My experience on Crown was at Sabitinis we had Olive Oil and Basalmic Vinegar to dip our bread in which is appropriate in Italy. My wife is Italian so she doesn't care if she has butter. It seems like since I started cruising with Princess they had cut service and if you asked for more butter no one had time to get it. Why do they have a whole bowl of it in Horizon? No body knows do you?:D We did get travel Logs from Crown on Jan 4th in Rio. Kind of neat to have. There was only 1 8 year old on the Ship and he didn't like Cookies.

Edited by WupperAV

just tell the waiter you need butter. What's the big deal.

The big deal is ,by the time you get your butter, your table mates will be eating dessert!

The big deal is that when you need it #1 you've got to find a waiter or assistant & ask them to get it and #2 when it does arrive 10 minutes later it just came out of the freezer.

Just what I need for my baked potato considering is only slightly warm to begin with. :(

The big deal is that when you need it #1 you've got to find a waiter or assistant & ask them to get it and #2 when it does arrive 10 minutes later it just came out of the freezer.

Just what I need for my baked potato considering is only slightly warm to begin with. :(

Exactly!;)