AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 minute ago, lennythenose said:

I have a friend trying to sign up for Rewards. Not an Allstate customer. She says it is requiring a code to activate drivewise. It has been sooooo long since I did it I don’t remember. Anyone know how she gets a code and is it really necessary to activate drivewise?

It's been awhile for me also, so it might have changed.  I had to download the app to my phone, and sign up through that. Once that was done, I could log on with my browser. 

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

My DH signed for it, thinks it was UPS.  I don't remember having to sign for it in the past but it's been a while.  Took about a week to get the cards.

The fact that it had to be signed for is big!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

My DH signed for it, thinks it was UPS.  I don't remember having to sign for it in the past but it's been a while.  Took about a week to get the cards.

They've been signature required for sure over a certain amount for years. I think it's been $500+. I used to redirect those to the UPS store to sign for them but now they charge if you do that. In the spring I waived the signature on $2k in cards and got a big scare when they marked it as delivered but didn't deliver until the next day. Now I'm just going to wait for the eCards.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lennythenose said:

I have a friend trying to sign up for Rewards. Not an Allstate customer. She says it is requiring a code to activate drivewise. It has been sooooo long since I did it I don’t remember. Anyone know how she gets a code and is it really necessary to activate drivewise?

Have to do it on the app.

4 hours ago, lennythenose said:

Thanks everyone!  I figured it out. A code is NOT required. It just says if you are a policyholder to use a code. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, canes20 said:

Organized Chaos is going to bet he best to help with this.

6 hours ago, lennythenose said:

Thanks everyone!  I figured it out. A code is NOT required. It just says if you are a policyholder to use a code. 

I keep a copy of my old instructional post on my computer for quick access just in case. 😄  But it's been so long, I wasn't sure if it's still the same process. Kind of sounds like it is.

Lennythenose, your friend has to activate tracking in the app when they create their account, otherwise it won't let them continue. Or at least that's how it used to be. Once they set up their account, they can then deactivate tracking if they don't want it. I deleted the app from my phone altogether and just use the website.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I keep a copy of my old instructional post on my computer for quick access just in case. 😄  But it's been so long, I wasn't sure if it's still the same process. Kind of sounds like it is.

Lennythenose, your friend has to activate tracking in the app when they create their account, otherwise it won't let them continue. Or at least that's how it used to be. Once they set up their account, they can then deactivate tracking if they don't want it. I deleted the app from my phone altogether and just use the website.

I did the same thing and use the website only.  I went through the process today and set up a new account on the app and it worked just as you said. I enabled tracking until I finished the setup then deactivated. I was still able to access the rewards section. 

19 hours ago, lennythenose said:

I did the same thing and use the website only.  I went through the process today and set up a new account on the app and it worked just as you said. I enabled tracking until I finished the setup then deactivated. I was still able to access the rewards section. 

Do you mean you were able to set up a new account in addition to a current one, or is this your first? I tried to make a new one, but it recognized I already had one. I used a different email, so it had to have recognized my name and/or home address. Reason being, back when I created my original account, I used an email that I don't use anymore. I tried multiple times to get customer service to change it. They kept saying it was changed in their system, but the emails still go to that old one. So I was just going to create a new account with an updated email. I'd have to start all over again with points, but it is what it is. I could buy cards from the old account while accruing points on the new one, but the dang thing won't let me make one.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

Do you mean you were able to set up a new account in addition to a current one, or is this your first? I tried to make a new one, but it recognized I already had one. I used a different email, so it had to have recognized my name and/or home address. Reason being, back when I created my original account, I used an email that I don't use anymore. I tried multiple times to get customer service to change it. They kept saying it was changed in their system, but the emails still go to that old one. So I was just going to create a new account with an updated email. I'd have to start all over again with points, but it is what it is. I could buy cards from the old account while accruing points on the new one, but the dang thing won't let me make one.

Yes, I created a new one with a different email than I use for my original account. I did use my husband’s name and cell number though so that’s probably the difference. 

• Like 1

First gift card purchase since Covid! I had purchased a whole bunch for a cruise pre-covid that I never got to use.  Been sitting on them for almost 3 years now!  But, with the 10% discount, it's still a better return than I could have gotten with the money sitting in any bank. Two cruises planned for next summer, first ones since Covid.

Ordered $1000 gift card 12/13.

Shipped today UPS signature req, with tracking number available at Allstate page (well, label created)

Delivery date not yet determined.

• Like 3

Spin Game is back!  Not that I won anything...but I always like 3 chances to lose...

Just a word of warning... earlier this month I ordered a "real" gift card through rewards (not a Carnival Card).  From the date they mailed the card, it took about a week to get to me.  Not horrible considering it is December.  When I got the card, all was fine, but I was a little worried.  The envelope was not sealed!  At any time someone could have gone in and taken the card or it could have slipped out.  All ended up fine, but if you have ordered a "real" Carnival card, and it is sent in a regular window envelope, please check it right away.  

I hope everyone enjoys their holiday season!

Tw

2 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Carnival gift cards are back in stock!

Physical only.  $1000, $500, and $100

Wow!  I had just looked earlier this morning and they weren't there!  Glad they got restocked!

It is Tuesday!  I won 1000 points on the spin game!  I won 500 points on the matching game!  Don't forget 50 points for signing in!  

I have to say that they elves in the matching game made my day.  They are really cute!

Enjoy your week everyone!

TW

• Like 1