AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

17 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Well, just bought $2,000 worth of gift cards on AARP.  Getting nervous that AARP will take them away as well.

They come and go.  I'm sure they'll be back in a month or two. All my cruises are paid off except for the last one next February.  Gives me time to save up money to get ecards (hopefully) when they come out between now and then.

• Like 2

On Saturday I won 500 points on the spin wheel.  Today I saw the scratch off game was back!  I thought oh no!  But I did win another 500 points on my first attempt!  YAY me!  

Still no Carnival cards.  

• Like 1

I just gamed the system!  I won 500 points yesterday morning on the spin wheel.  Then, I was up late last night past midnight, and my game refreshed, and I was able to play the spin game, with a 1000 point win!

Then, today, with the scratch game replacing the spin game, I was able to play that even though technically I already played today. And, I won another 500 points!  

• Like 3

Sadly, Allstate seems to be in serious decay. Their travel gift card section has 1 gift card for oil change? Even big categories like dining have only 9 offers and the huge retail area has only 21 offers and  none are ecards that I saw. If they really cared it woudn't be this sparse. I preferred to buy the Carnival e cards from Allstate but now have to use my back up AARP account, which has tons of options for other e gift cards. I hope Allstate gets it together, but am not holding my breathe 😉 . 

5 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Sadly, Allstate seems to be in serious decay. Their travel gift card section has 1 gift card for oil change? Even big categories like dining have only 9 offers and the huge retail area has only 21 offers and  none are ecards that I saw. If they really cared it woudn't be this sparse. I preferred to buy the Carnival e cards from Allstate but now have to use my back up AARP account, which has tons of options for other e gift cards. I hope Allstate gets it together, but am not holding my breathe 😉 . 

I've seen the cards come and go.  They'll be back.

2 minutes ago, deesully said:

I've seen the cards come and go.  They'll be back.

I have also, but just saying it sure doesn't look like they really care about the website with the lack of any other decent offers. It has been a really good run these last few years, so I hope they get it together soon. My mail is not too good here so I won't buy anything other than e cards. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 10:18 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Interesting, the only ship in the NCL fleet to do a one way to or from Hawaii is the Spirit, doing a one way from Honolulu to Vancouver. Their primary Hawaii ship is the Pride of America, which does roundtrip Hawaii cruises each week, starting and ending in Honolulu.  The Spirit was built in 1999 and is about 75 K tons.  The Pride was built in 2004 and 82 K tons.  At one point NCL had three ships exclusively sailing in Hawaii, but was reduced to one many years ago.  It's the only US flagged ship currently sailing so is primarily staffed by US citizens.

Yeah, they're on the Spirit. I think they said it's a 12 day. They also stop in Tahiti.  It sounds like a nice cruise. They were looking for something kind of similar to Carnival. Didn't want one filled with kids, but not filled with seniors either. Nothing overly fancy & "stuffy," so to speak. They like to have some drinks & have fun, good music, things like that.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 8:03 AM, ninjacat123 said:

Well, just bought $2,000 worth of gift cards on AARP.  Getting nervous that AARP will take them away as well.

For what it's worth, ever since AARP revamped their rewards system a couple years ago, I've never seen them run out of Carnival e-cards. Well, except for once shortly after the revamp, but I think that was because they were having problems with the new system.

10 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Yeah, they're on the Spirit. I think they said it's a 12 day. They also stop in Tahiti.  It sounds like a nice cruise. They were looking for something kind of similar to Carnival. Didn't want one filled with kids, but not filled with seniors either. Nothing overly fancy & "stuffy," so to speak. They like to have some drinks & have fun, good music, things like that.

There are multiple 12 day cruises on the Spirit between Tahiti and Honolulu that occur when she is not down under in Sydney.  That ship is 23 years old, we would never cruise on her.

Won 500 on scratch off today. I like scratch off the least, it's boring. I wish they'd come up with some more exciting games. I like crossword, but like someone else said, they use the same dumb words every time.

3 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

In my mind, I've always thought that Allstate the insurance company treats Allstate Rewards as an afterthought. It's ran by a third-party and they use a separate customer service team for it. So much so, if you call the regular customer service, they know very little to nothing about Rewards. I've always been worried they'd abandoned it, but then again, it's been going fairly consistently for the 6 years I've been a member, so who knows.

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Won 500 on scratch off today. I like scratch off the least, it's boring. I wish they'd come up with some more exciting games. I like crossword, but like someone else said, they use the same dumb words every time.

I can't stand the scratch off, I hate having to go back into the game when you lost to just have to play again.  Why can't it just pop up again?  

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

In my mind, I've always thought that Allstate the insurance company treats Allstate Rewards as an afterthought. It's ran by a third-party and they use a separate customer service team for it. So much so, if you call the regular customer service, they know very little to nothing about Rewards. I've always been worried they'd abandoned it, but then again, it's been going fairly consistently for the 6 years I've been a member, so who knows.

So I currently have Allstate Insurance I don't know how to link it to my policy to maybe help us pay less in insurance.  My husband has his linked, but he didn't have the account until after we were with Allstate.  I have had Allstate Rewards for years.  

Weird, I checked earlier this morning and no cards at all, come out here and speak of it and voila, there they are at least in one form (physical). You're all welcome 🤣The shipping has gotten pricey at 1.75 per card, eating into the savings a bit.

Edited by n6uqqq

43 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Weird, I checked earlier this morning and no cards at all, come out here and speak of it and voila, there they are at least in one form (physical). You're all welcome 🤣The shipping has gotten pricey at 1.75 per card, eating into the savings a bit.

I agree the shipping is a lot so I'm getting more Ecards from AARP.  Plus I can save them in my Apple Wallet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

I agree the shipping is a lot so I'm getting more Ecards from AARP.  Plus I can save them in my Apple Wallet

The ecards are so handy when I see a cruise I want to book I just buy an e card and plop down my deposit. I pay for all things Carnival with gift cards and that 10 percent off plus another 3 percent from my BofA cash rewards Visa for online purchases really adds up to serious savings.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

The ecards are so handy when I see a cruise I want to book I just buy an e card and plop down my deposit. I pay for all things Carnival with gift cards and that 10 percent off plus another 3 percent from my BofA cash rewards Visa for online purchases really adds up to serious savings.

Just got the BofA cash rewards card and chose 3% for online shopping. Going to probably ask a stupid question. Do they limit the online purchase to any type of catagory or does anything purchased at any site get the 3%?

On 3/27/2023 at 4:14 PM, tw67 said:

I can't stand the scratch off, I hate having to go back into the game when you lost to just have to play again.  Why can't it just pop up again?  

So I currently have Allstate Insurance I don't know how to link it to my policy to maybe help us pay less in insurance.  My husband has his linked, but he didn't have the account until after we were with Allstate.  I have had Allstate Rewards for years.  

Scratch & win gave me 500 yesterday and 1,500 today. Plus the crossword. Get it while it's hot!!

I'm not a policy holder, so can't help you there. And getting help from customer service about Rewards is a crap shoot.

23 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Holy cow! I haven't bought cards for some time. Shipping used to be 59 cents/each. $1.75 is ridiculous.

23 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Oh cool, I didn't know e-cards could be put in Wallet. Thanks for that little tidbit, that'll be handy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2023 at 1:49 PM, n6uqqq said:

I have also, but just saying it sure doesn't look like they really care about the website with the lack of any other decent offers. It has been a really good run these last few years, so I hope they get it together soon. My mail is not too good here so I won't buy anything other than e cards. 

I once had gift cards stolen from my mailbox.  They were sent to my sisters as Christmas presents to my kids.  That is why I will only deal with the ecards for Carnival.  

• Like 1