AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 hour ago, Calnev1 said:

Thanks Cajun.

Also, Allstate is running a sweepstake with a prize of $1,500 in Carnival gift cards.  50 points per entry, limit 200 entries a day.  Sweepstakes doesnt close until 7/31.   Its a super longshot, but might be worth a gamble for those with tons of points.

Thanks for the info. Good luck to everyone! 🤞

I have plenty of points for the cards that I wanted and a valid credit card. However, it would not process my order but posted three holds on my card. I called Allstate and they mentioned that they are having a problem with their website and that they have had several people with a similar problem.

Just throwing that out there if anyone is needing to purchase gift cards soon.

Edited by grantbob

22 minutes ago, grantbob said:

I have plenty of points for the cards that I wanted and a valid credit card. However, it would not process my order but posted three holds on my card. I called Allstate and they mentioned that they are having a problem with their website and that they have had several people with a similar problem.

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up

51 minutes ago, grantbob said:

I ran into the same thing last night, and I just checked and I have 3 temporary authorizations on my CC also. Did they say if we need to do anything, or will those eventually just drop off? 

They told me that they are temporary holds and if you did not get a confirmation email that the cards were purchased they will drop off in 3-5 business days.

They are supposed to be looking into the problem on their end and are going to reach out when they figure out what's going on.

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2021 at 1:07 PM, grantbob said:

They told me that they are temporary holds and if you did not get a confirmation email that the cards were purchased they will drop off in 3-5 business days.

They are supposed to be looking into the problem on their end and are going to reach out when they figure out what's going on.

Well, the holds are still on my CC, but the $500 e-gift cards are no longer available. Guess I missed out on them. 

8 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Well, the holds are still on my CC, but the $500 e-gift cards are no longer available. Guess I missed out on them. 

I wonder if that was what was keeping the order from going thru, that they were out of the E-cards?

21 minutes ago, grantbob said:

I wonder if that was what was keeping the order from going thru, that they were out of the E-cards?

I also tried twice at the $500 amount and it wouldn't process so I tried the $1000 and it went through just fine. I realize the higher amount isn't always an option, financially, but they were available.

2 minutes ago, snowdogsmm said:

I ordered a couple of cards and received a confirmation on July 14th and they haven't arrived yet.  I don't remember it taking this long before. 

It used to be 7-8 days every time for me. But I haven't ordered in over a year so I don't know what the time frame is now.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

It used to be 7-8 days every time for me. But I haven't ordered in over a year so I don't know what the time frame is now.

Just ordered three of the 1000 cards.  Took about a week, but the UPS guy just placed the envelope in between my storm and front door and did not get my signature.  Same thing happened a few months ago when I got 30 of the 100 cards for Princess @ 15% off.

1 hour ago, snowdogsmm said:

I ordered a couple of cards and received a confirmation on July 14th and they haven't arrived yet.  I don't remember it taking this long before. 

Mine took several weeks.  I called at 2 weeks, they had to do further research.  The came in a little over a week after that.

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Just ordered three of the 1000 cards.  Took about a week, but the UPS guy just placed the envelope in between my storm and front door and did not get my signature.  Same thing happened a few months ago when I got 30 of the 100 cards for Princess @ 15% off.

If you have ever authorized signature release that was for all packages. You need to remove that authorization if you want to go back to signature required.  I don't know if it expires for UPS like it does for USPS.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

I go in the app and redirect those to a UPS store that's on my way home from work.

12 hours ago, snowdogsmm said:

I ordered on the 15th and got shipping confirmation on the 20th.

11 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Same thing has happened to us too. UPS said signature and ID would be required for delivery, so I took the day off just so I could be home for it. He ended up dropping it off at the front porch. Didn't knock or anything. From now on I'll have it delivered to the UPS Store and go pick it up.

14 hours ago, babygrljaz said:

If you have ever authorized signature release that was for all packages. You need to remove that authorization if you want to go back to signature required.  I don't know if it expires for UPS like it does for USPS.

Never authorized a thing.   They always wanted a signature from UPS with any delivery of cards valued at 500+.  My last two deliveries they rang my doorbell and then they just left it and took off.  Luckily I was home both times.

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Never authorized a thing.   They always wanted a signature from UPS with any delivery of cards valued at 500+.  My last two deliveries they rang my doorbell and then they just left it and took off.  Luckily I was home both times.

i'm saying if you have authorized it for any package, not only cards.  your previous request is kept on file until you change it.  Also keep in mind they now come from another distributor.  It is possible they do not require a signature.  My last 4, 1 $1000, 3 $500, in May/June were all left in an out of sight spot