Laundry question...

We take far less clothes than we used to. We never take formal wear anymore. I take a couple of nice sundresses and a couple of dressier ones and one pair of dressy sandals. The rest of my clothes are casual and easy to rinse out in the cabin. At-sea days I usually put on my swimsuit and a cover-up and only change for dinner. Sometimes if we don't go to the MDR I just leave on my suit and cover up all day. Maybe we're just getting lazy but this has made cruising much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just did something similar out of the UK. Personally I would skip the laundry bag, and if need be, pay to bring an extra suitcase with clothes. I don't know what the additional costs are for bringing an extra bag, but I believe they are close to what it would cost to do one bag of laundry. Those bags are pretty small, you'll get a lot more in your suitcase.

Enjoy your trip.

For us, that extra suitcase is $100 this time around (flying to Spain). So yeah, we'll bring extra clothing!

Personally, I'd do some sort of search for laundry-mats in my ports, and I would spend a couple hours and do my own laundry. I HATE that RCI doesn't have a self-service facility .....makes life much easier!

One of the greatest joys when on a long trip is having the opportunity to get laundry done. ;)

We just returned from a 9 day Baltic cruise with a couple days on either end. We simply refuse to lug a big suitcase, so we each took a carryon, plus a smallish backpack. My husband invested in some Ex Officio undershirts and briefs which were not only very comfortable, he said, but also wash and dry very quickly. I was waiting for the laundry "special" but managed to miss the notice, as it was delivered the night we got back at 11 pm from the ballet in St. Petersburg after a very long day and were too tired to check. I'd have sent some laundry out, though I am always wary of shrinkage.

Our cabin had a clothesline in the tub, and I packed a couple of plastic hangers for drip-drying shirts. My DH brought three pair of Craghopper pants (his "security" pants, with zippers and velcro) which also washed easily and dried quickly, and his go-to Eagle brand shirts, which I adore as they are so easy-care.

The first thing I did when we got back to a hotel in the US was head to the guest laundry!!!

Don't forget your status on X also carries over to RC as well. Although I don't know if it would be any better than the Diamond level you already have.

Any level of Elite or above on Celebrity translates to Diamond on Royal Caribbean.

Just a thought, you may consider wearing one of the formal outfits more than once. We still enjoying dressing for formal night on some cruises, but I will wear the dress twice. It may not be necessary to pack for all 23 days. For our upcoming B2B cruises, we will pack for 7 or 8 days, not 14. Last year we had a land and sea trip that was 29 days, we packed for about 10 days and had items laundered along the way.

We have had good experience with ship laundry, dry cleaning or even the wash and fold services.

Sound like a great trip, have fun

M

That's pretty cool, but a large ziploc bag does the same (as long as you don't agitate it too hard)!

Yes, but it's the only pocket-sized washing bag lined with micro nodules designed by NASA engineers and tested only on organic, non-GMO hamsters.

scrubba-nobules.jpg

We took a long cruise last year in the Med and had extra days in Spain before the cruise too. What we did was pack shirts for both of us that we could wash in the sink and hang up to dry quickly. Things that were wash and wear. I packed a small bottle of our laundry detergent and that worked great! I also brought a small spray bottle of downy wrinkle release.

We also did the laundry deal and all the socks, undies and heavy things like shorts were done by them. You can pack a lot in that bag if you're careful. It worked out great and we only did the one laundry.

Keep in mind the laundry deal is usually early on in the cruise. I also wore the same thing for both formal nights.

Yes, but it's the only pocket-sized washing bag lined with micro nodules designed by NASA engineers and tested only on organic, non-GMO hamsters.

scrubba-nobules.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry: