Neptune/Pinnacle Suite Breakfast

cp556

I was looking at Neptune suite amenities today and found "Exclusive full breakfast service in suite daily". I saw no mention of the breakfasts in the Pinnacle Grill for Neptune/Pinnacle Suite guests.

Has this amenity changed? I hope not ....

I was looking at Neptune suite amenities today and found "Exclusive full breakfast service in suite daily". I saw no mention of the breakfasts in the Pinnacle Grill for Neptune/Pinnacle Suite guests.

Has this amenity changed? I hope not ....

It's still there "exclusive daily breakfast service" is the term they use for the Pinnacle Grill breakfast. At the end of the amenities list.

Does the PG staff still serve the breakfast for NS guests on the r-class ships in the upper main dining room? We are sailing with my BIL and his wife on Rotterdam next March. Both he and I REALLY like breakfast in the PG mostly for the pace and the staff. We are not fans of the hurried and not so relaxing breakfast in the main dining room or Lido.

Dennis

Dennis

Does the PG staff still serve the breakfast for NS guests on the r-class ships in the upper main dining room? We are sailing with my BIL and his wife on Rotterdam next March. Both he and I REALLY like breakfast in the PG mostly for the pace and the staff. We are not fans of the hurried and not so relaxing breakfast in the main dining room or Lido.

Dennis

Dennis

I've queried my PCC about the suites breakfast on the R-class. Let you know what she says.

Dennis

Dennis

Just off the Rotterdam (R Class) and we had breakfast most mornings in the Pinnacle Grill, not in the MDR...

Also, the "exclusive daily breakfast service" refers to a in-room breakfast that is an upgrade from the other cabins. More options and some items are "no charge" that are "extra charge" to other cabins...

I've queried my PCC about the suites breakfast on the R-class. Let you know what she says.

I asked my PCC this morning: "I?ve heard that on theR-class ships like Rotterdam, the suites breakfast is not in the Pinnacle Grillbut is on the upper level of the Main Dining Room. Is this correct?"

My PCC says: "Breakfast is still in the Pinnacle Grill unless there?s an event or it's closed for other unforeseen reasons. There are no plans to discontinue the suite breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. "

I plan on having breakfast on Rotterdam in the Pinnacle Grill this Saturday. I will let everyone know when I return.

I suspect this might be a decision made on each ship - we were told on one cruise that people "preferred" breakfast with windows, instead of the enclosed Pinnacles that are only on the same class ships as the Rotterdam ("R or S"???). The rest have windows.

So our protests to the contrary were of no avail, and t at least we got a table for four to be set up for two. But it was just not the same. In fact, it was often too bright in the morning hours depending on the direction the ship was going.

And we had chosen the Neptune upsell on that cruise, primarily because we would get breakfast in the Pinnacle. Surprise and chagrin when we marched down to the interior restaurant ,only to be sent up stairs and to the exact same small table for two that we had for dinner.

So on at least one Rotterdam-type ship we still had breakfast in the P dining room and loved it, though it was not well attended. It was just spacious and gracious - a perfect start to the day. Can't remember which ship that was now.

So we also much preferred the actual Pinnacle dining room for breakfast on those ships, windows or no windows, over the more cramped, over bright spaces in the Upper Dining room, with the windows and canned bird songs.

'

Just off the Rotterdam (R Class) and we had breakfast most mornings in the Pinnacle Grill, not in the MDR...

Also, the "exclusive daily breakfast service" refers to a in-room breakfast that is an upgrade from the other cabins. More options and some items are "no charge" that are "extra charge" to other cabins...

That is GOOD news IMO :).

Last time we were on the Rotterdam, we ate in the Kings Room (served by the PG staff) and we really liked it there.

Now, it is storage I think, so if the choice is the PG or the MDR, I vote for the PG too ;)

Hmm, I thought that quote referred to the PG breakfast. There is a different amenity listed for in room breakfast dining. No worries ;)

That is good news to hear that Neptune and Pinnacle Suites get to eat breakfast in the Pinnacle.

I know that when we sailed on the Amsterdam a few times in recent years, we had breakfast on the upper level of the dining room on the starboard side and we were served by Pinnacle staff. There were a couple of times when there were many of us there and a couple of regular dining room staff helped bring out the breakfasts.

On the Amsterdam I did ask why we were not in King's Room like years ago and was told that it was being used a storage room -- I glanced in -- sure enough tons of extra tables, chairs, etc. were stored there.

I also asked about the Pinnacle Grill and as mentioned, was told that passengers like to look out especially when we are arriving at ports.

When we sailed on the Volendam and Zaandam, the suit perk of breakfast anywhere on the ship didn't exist.

That is good news to hear that Neptune and Pinnacle Suites get to eat breakfast in the Pinnacle.

I know that when we sailed on the Amsterdam a few times in recent years, we had breakfast on the upper level of the dining room on the starboard side and we were served by Pinnacle staff. There were a couple of times when there were many of us there and a couple of regular dining room staff helped bring out the breakfasts.

On the Amsterdam I did ask why we were not in King's Room like years ago and was told that it was being used a storage room -- I glanced in -- sure enough tons of extra tables, chairs, etc. were stored there.

I also asked about the Pinnacle Grill and as mentioned, was told that passengers like to look out especially when we are arriving at ports.

When we sailed on the Volendam and Zaandam, the suit perk of breakfast anywhere on the ship didn't exist.

That is such a shame on the King's Room KK.

On our first Rotterdam cruise we were told to go there (my first upsell to an NS - I really didn't understand what I had booked - I had used a local TA who didn't know and I just thought we had a bigger verandah and room)

the King's Room was a very sociable place. Tables were far enough apart but still close enough that we could socialize. We had a great time there and the views were wonderful.

Oh well, those were the old days and we are very excited to be back on this ship in just a few weeks again. :)

'

Last time we were on the Rotterdam, we ate in the Kings Room (served by the PG staff) and we really liked it there.

Now, it is storage I think, so if the choice is the PG or the MDR, I vote for the PG too ;)

Hmm, I thought that quote referred to the PG breakfast. There is a different amenity listed for in room breakfast dining. No worries ;)[/QUOT

Do you happen to have the in room breakfast menu and how it is different from the usual in room menu?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

'

Hmm, I thought that quote referred to the PG breakfast. There is a different amenity listed for in room breakfast dining. No worries ;)[/QUOT

Do you happen to have the in room breakfast menu and how it is different from the usual in room menu?

The inroom menu remains as in the old days with the complimentary mimosas for Neptune Suites.

The regular in room menu has been really limited. DaveOKC posted an example on his live thread.

Some have reported success with writing in and others not.

With less than 4 weeks to go :) , I will report once on board if that is of help . I will be doing a live thread - internet permitting.

The inroom menu remains as in the old days with the complimentary mimosas for Neptune Suites.

Does anyone see the strangeness of comp mimosas with in-room breakfast for NS but not in the PG for breakfast? It's not that big a deal for me as I don't care for them. Has anyone ever explained why HAL makes that distinction?

Dennis

Thanks kazu, but I think I am on just before you, March 16

Oops, well I guess I can just say Bon Voyage and keep the ship in good shape for us ;)

[

Does anyone see the strangeness of comp mimosas with in-room breakfast for NS but not in the PG for breakfast? It's not that big a deal for me as I don't care for them. Has anyone ever explained why HAL makes that distinction?

Dennis

I have never figured this one out. We do room service on early port days so the last thing I need is a mimosa.

Now, on a lazy sea day with a later breakfast if either a caesar (not a bloody mary) or mimosa were offered, I would entertain it.

But I don't know if we would have it. But certainly the PG is a more suitable spot for us than room service.

Each to their own though :halo: Sorry, wanted to use that smiley for a while ;)

That is such a shame on the King's Room KK.

On our first Rotterdam cruise we were told to go there (my first upsell to an NS - I really didn't understand what I had booked - I had used a local TA who didn't know and I just thought we had a bigger verandah and room)

the King's Room was a very sociable place. Tables were far enough apart but still close enough that we could socialize. We had a great time there and the views were wonderful.

Oh well, those were the old days and we are very excited to be back on this ship in just a few weeks again. :)

Years ago when we were able to dine in the King's Room, there were 3 tables for 6 set up by the windows and 2 tables for 8 set up right behind us -- always filled up.

We met 2 other couples and sailed with them for a few years before they died. It was so much fun.

Not fun in the dining room -- everyone wanted their own table -- staff didn't try to sit any of us together. We asked for a table by the windows -- said we didn't mind id others say with us -- didn't happen. Everyone was spread out and "alone".

Our first Neptune Suite on Volendam the Suite breakfast was served in the Kings Room, tables for 6, which mean't sharing tables. No tables for 2..

During our Volendam cruises since then, breakfast was served in the Pinnacle Grill.

About those free Mimosas for breakfasts delivered to room service "only" -- nope -- rules are different by ship and Pinnacle managers.

On our Westerdam cruise spring of 2016 -- 21 day repositioning cruise -- there was a couple who ate breakfast nearly every morning in the Pinnacle Grill and ordered Mimosas -- 2 - 3 each time for breakfast and never paid for them.

And no they were not in a Pinnacle Suite getting special privileges. We were in one of the Pinnacle Suites and another couple we met were President Club Mariners (well over 1500 actual sea days) and they never came to the Pinnacle for breakfast.

I suspect this might be a decision made on each ship - we were told on one cruise that people "preferred" breakfast with windows, instead of the enclosed Pinnacles that are only on the same class ships as the Rotterdam ("R or S"???). The rest have windows.

So our protests to the contrary were of no avail, and t at least we got a table for four to be set up for two. But it was just not the same. In fact, it was often too bright in the morning hours depending on the direction the ship was going.

And we had chosen the Neptune upsell on that cruise, primarily because we would get breakfast in the Pinnacle. Surprise and chagrin when we marched down to the interior restaurant ,only to be sent up stairs and to the exact same small table for two that we had for dinner.

So on at least one Rotterdam-type ship we still had breakfast in the P dining room and loved it, though it was not well attended. It was just spacious and gracious - a perfect start to the day. Can't remember which ship that was now.

So we also much preferred the actual Pinnacle dining room for breakfast on those ships, windows or no windows, over the more cramped, over bright spaces in the Upper Dining room, with the windows and canned bird songs.

R class ships are Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Zaandam, Volendam andwhen these ships first came out htey had an intterrior resturant called Marco Polo That was the space converted to Pinnaxle when HAL added Pinnalces. I a m a mon tthose that prefer for PInnacle to have windows. When docked in tghe morning, I enjoy looking out the windows while we have breakfast. in port and/or at sea.

Captains used to have w really wonderful dinners in Kings room. they would set up a long 'main table, and several smaller ones. those dinners were ousgtanding. Adagio Strings used to play, menus were great, terrific wines. were great, It was not all NS guests who attended though lots were in "SA" csbins as they were called. We really enjoyed those dinners.

Edited by sail7seas