Appalling Celebrity Website

ukbriang

What is it with this website. It looks as though it has been put together by a 5 year old. It is 5 years since I booked a Celebrity Cruise but I am now going on one next week. I thought it was terrible then and today nothing has changed. I use IE and generally do not have problems with other websites. When you want to navigate to another page it forces you to sign on again and after going through this 4 or 5 times it disables your sign on for 20 minutes " for your security " - so annoying !! . Everything on the site seems so disjointed , there is no flow to it. I cannot believe a company like Celebrity puts out such a shoddy amateurish product and for so long. It cannot seem to handle simple requests like moving from page to page. It almost makes me want to book a cruise with a different cruise company next time.

More website woes!

When I try to buy on board credit, using "Gifts by Celebrity" I get the old "Reservation number cannot be found" error message, even when I'm logged in and looking at the reservation. I've tried different computers and browsers as well as deleting my cookies and cache.

Really? This bug has been around for years! Don't Celebrity want my money? How much is this costing in lost sales?

I booked over a month ago, and have previously been able to book excursions, but today, no luck. I've tried Explorer, Chrome, Edge and Firefox. None of them work for me today.

It makes me wonder if the team (or person) who developed the website doesn't work there any more!

I recently posted about my experience with the CC website.

I could not do anything on the website at all until I called CC and spoke with customer service.

After some instructions from the representative I was able to get logged on and maneuver the site.

Soon after, about 2 weeks, I am not able to maneuver the anymore, I was told to make all reservations through my TA, my TA says that CC is supposed to do it.

???

Not sure what to do, good thing that I still have time to figure things out.

I recently posted about my experience with the CC website.

I could not do anything on the website at all until I called CC and spoke with customer service.

After some instructions from the representative I was able to get logged on and maneuver the site.

Soon after, about 2 weeks, I am not able to maneuver the anymore, I was told to make all reservations through my TA, my TA says that CC is supposed to do it.

???

Not sure what to do, good thing that I still have time to figure things out.

What reservations are you trying to make? Speciality restaurants, spa, select dining, shore escursions? I had difficulty earlier today when the cruise planner for our cruise in 6 weeks disappeared. Late this afternoon it was back and working fine. It seems they do work on the website on the weekends, so I try to do what I need during the week.

The thing that frustrates me the most, is the fact the booking account summary cannot add up, if I make a payment , the balance is never correct, I have to phone celebrity to get an accurate account. Why they can't get this right I don't know. Was the same a few years back when I booked as well

It's getting worse ☹️🤔. I haven't been able to use my iPad as none of the boxes are appearing for my upcoming cruise (excursions etc), and now logging in on my lap top just keeps going in a loop and not letting me in. I am trying to print my xpress passes!! 😬😬😬

I've found both the Princess and Oceania websites less hassle - although not flawless.

Particularly frustrating today as I need to print out the luggage labels. I was going to book some shore excursions, but at this stage I just figure they don't want my money.

I'm not sure that relaxing and calling my TA will help, but am off to download tunnelbear and see if that works.