changes for Platinum Plus latitude members

elruth

I knew this was coming but it is always a bit of a surprise when benefits are reduced or changed. We were on the Pearl Mar 3-10. No longer does each PP Latitude member get 2 le Bistro dinners with a bottle of wine. Now it's one dinner at Cagney's or le Bistro and the other dinner is at Moderno or La Cuccina. I think you are limited to 1 bottle of wine. Also 1 bag of free laundry per cabin and it used to be 2. Seems the new CEO keeps chipping away at all the benefits. We've been on close to 18 NCL cruises and this is the first time our Cagney's dinner was awful. Service very bad and the usual filet was tough. Sat for over 45 minutes before the soup came and then the entrée came almost an hr later. Our reservations were at 7 and a bit after 9 we left before coffee and dessert. A lady came over and asked if all was ok and I said no as we have waited so long. The restaurant was close to empty! New staff and they didn't know which end was up. The lady did give us another voucher but we didn't use it at Cagneys and Cagney's used to be our favorite! ( sigh )

I knew this was coming but it is always a bit of a surprise when benefits are reduced or changed. We were on the Pearl Mar 3-10. No longer does each PP Latitude member get 2 le Bistro dinners with a bottle of wine. Now it's one dinner at Cagney's or le Bistro and the other dinner is at Moderno or La Cuccina. I think you are limited to 1 bottle of wine. Also 1 bag of free laundry per cabin and it used to be 2. Seems the new CEO keeps chipping away at all the benefits. We've been on close to 18 NCL cruises and this is the first time our Cagney's dinner was awful. Service very bad and the usual filet was tough. Sat for over 45 minutes before the soup came and then the entrée came almost an hr later. Our reservations were at 7 and a bit after 9 we left before coffee and dessert. A lady came over and asked if all was ok and I said no as we have waited so long. The restaurant was close to empty! New staff and they didn't know which end was up. The lady did give us another voucher but we didn't use it at Cagneys and Cagney's used to be our favorite! ( sigh )

So,,, your complaint about Latitudes is a bad dinner at Cagney's????

Our opinion is totally the opposite. We have sailed 5 times since the Le Bistro menus changed in November 2015. On our most recent cruises, we have left our Platinum Le Bistro certificates unused because we don't like the new menus. We rather pay to eat at Cagney's than use the free certs at Le Bistro.

I'm a bit confused by your post, to be honest.

Most of it appears to be a complaint about a bad meal at Cagneys, but unless they keep special bad stuff just for the Platinum members then it I don't see what that has got to do with the latitudes scheme.

Yes, there are changes to the latitudes scheme. For one thing there never even used to be a Platinum Plus level, so there have been no changes to that level at all.

Obviously, the new scheme doesn't work as well for you, but you did seem to be ignoring the other changes, where things have been added. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the changes, which I had been expecting to be quite a significant cut back (as changes to loyalty schemes almost always are).

Also 1 bag of free laundry per cabin and it used to be 2.

I would recommend to anyone at Platinum level or above for whom having a bag of laundry each is important to print out and take along the T&Cs for the new scheme. Maybe highlight this bit:

"Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador members receive complimentary bulk bag laundry service which provides each Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador member with one (1) bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost."

I have at least two dinners at Cagney's on my cruises and I have to say everyone has been great. Fantastic service and awesome food.

I'm glad about the change, because they are now including Cagney's as one of the restaurants for the perk. I use to have to use my perk only at La Cucina, because I'm not a fan of Le Bistro's menu.

I guess, with the changes, some will be happy and some won't; NCL can't make everyone happy.

We had two bags of laundry on our last cruise in Feb. so after the change.

Just returned from Spirit. From the Platinum Plus literature left in our cabin, the Laundry Service certificate includes the statement:

For certificates for additional Platinum Plus members in your stateroom, please visit the CruiseNext desk. One certificate per Platinum Plus member.

So even though only one laundry service cert is in the cabin, every qualifying member is entitled to one bag of free laundry.

So,,, your complaint about Latitudes is a bad dinner at Cagney's????

Our opinion is totally the opposite. We have sailed 5 times since the Le Bistro menus changed in November 2015. On our most recent cruises, we have left our Platinum Le Bistro certificates unused because we don't like the new menus. We rather pay to eat at Cagney's than use the free certs at Le Bistro.

I have to agree. LeBistro was a disappointment on our last cruise and Cagney's was very good.

Just returned from Spirit. From the Platinum Plus literature left in our cabin, the Laundry Service certificate includes the statement:

For certificates for additional Platinum Plus members in your stateroom, please visit the CruiseNext desk. One certificate per Platinum Plus member.

So even though only one laundry service cert is in the cabin, every qualifying member is entitled to one bag of free laundry.

Thanks for the information.

On a different note, as a Platinum Plus member, were you offered an alternate venue to La Trattoria for your second dinner seeing that there is no Moderno on the Spirit?

Did you actually have to ask for a second voucher or can you still simply write "Platinum" on the laundry slip, as before?

Last cruise (Panama on the Jewel) I did go down to the desk and ask for a second voucher and was told just to write Platinum Plus on the bag. We did that and the laundry was charged to our account. We had it reversed no problem, it is worth keeping an eye on the account daily though, easy with the app now. The new tier makes things a little difference but no big deal. The internet was handy and 15% off shore excursions was a nice surprise, they had no problem in back dating it and crediting our account. Has any one tried out the "priority seating" in the theater?

We did eat at all the Specialty restaurants, I think Cagney's is a little over rated. Le Bistro was very good, we like the ambiance and the music was not too loud. The only complaint we would have is that cafetiere (French Press) machine. It is kind of trendy and one would expect it would make better coffee. If you ask they can bring you a decent cup or visit the buffet later.

Thanks for the information.

On a different note, as a Platinum Plus member, were you offered an alternate venue to La Trattoria for your second dinner seeing that there is no Moderno on the Spirit?

My friend and I weren't last week.

As a Platinum Plus kinda guy, the only differences I really see is one less bottle of wine (we have the UBP though) but Cagneys offered as a dining choice along with Le Bistro, but no second offering for it or Le Bistro. But I like the Italian anyhow also. Still a bag of laundry for each of us. And, I haven't put the coupon in the bag in a long time. I just write Platinum on the ticket that goes in the bag. Has worked every time.

I would recommend to anyone at Platinum level or above for whom having a bag of laundry each is important to print out and take along the T&Cs for the new scheme. Maybe highlight this bit:

"Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador members receive complimentary bulk bag laundry service which provides each Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador member with one (1) bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost."

May I ask where you found that statement about the laundry? I would like to screen capture it from their website in case there is an issue.

BTW that is great news for us as we have a 21 day next year and figure to have to have laundry done a couple times at least.

May I ask where you found that statement about the laundry? I would like to screen capture it from their website in case there is an issue.

BTW that is great news for us as we have a 21 day next year and figure to have to have laundry done a couple times at least.

On the little black folder they leave in your cabin there are vouchers that can be torn out to use in the restaurants and such. The one about the laundry has instructions about a second coupon. I think it was on the coupon or at least the info on obtaining a second coupon was printed on the folder They told me not to bother just mark the bag Platinum Plus, like I said before check your account though just inn case you get billed accidental.

Here it is for the US site:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-terms-and-conditions

Did you actually have to ask for a second voucher or can you still simply write "Platinum" on the laundry slip, as before?

We have always only written one or other name on both the contents slip and the bag itself when sending "pletinum" laundry and have never had a query. No slip has been used.

Did anyone attend the Officer's dinner yet? I'm trying to talk DH into trying that perk out. As for the new dinner vouchers, we haven't enjoyed the latest La Cucina menu as much as the prior one. Moderno can be hit or miss for us, but I can look at that as a lower calories night. We would have enjoyed this option much more if you could choose from all 4 restaurants for each of your two meals.

I do find it strange that our cabin of two PP members gets the same vouchers as a cabin with one member. What if our Platinum son sails with us....how do we divide those two meals for two???

I'm optimistic that they are trying to make the Platinum Plus group feel a little more special....but I'll see how that works for our first cruise under this new plan later this month;)

We would have enjoyed this option much more if you could choose from all 4 restaurants for each of your two meals.

I do find it strange that our cabin of two PP members gets the same vouchers as a cabin with one member. What if our Platinum son sails with us....how do we divide those two meals for two???

I suspect that this is all connected.

They have tried to expand the options for the meals, and one of the reasons for doing that is to try to move people away from Le Bistro, which I suspect has its capacity hit quite badly when there are lots of Platinums onboard.

I think that is the reason for them going for two meals per room, rather than one meal per member. It has expanded the choice, but allows them to move some of the meals away from Le Bistro or Cagneys, which I suspect would have taken a lot of the hit had it been left as completely open options.

That's fine with me. However, I do think they should have some other arrangement for if there are more than two Platinums in the room. It surely isn't all that common, so offering extra meals for additional Platinums doesn't sound to me like it would have been too much of a problem.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is changed in the future.

Latitudes Rewards FAQ & Terms

Benefit Terms & Conditions

Shore Excursion Discounts – Silver, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus & Ambassador

Discounts are eligible for pre-paid and/or pre-booked excursions and will be applied at the time of booking/payment. Discount applied to each guest is commensurate with each guests Latitudes Rewards tier level. Shore excursion discounts are not reflected in the shopping section of My NCL on ncl.com. You will see the discount in the shopping cart upon check out. The amount of shore excursion discount is determined by the Latitudes Tier of the guest booking the excursion: 10% for Silver, Gold and Platinum members, 15% for Platinum Plus members and 20% for Ambassador members.

We encourage guests to pre-pay/pre-book excursions as our most popular tours sell out quickly. However, guests can book excursions once on board. Each guest on the reservation to present their keycard to shore excursion staff at time of booking to receive the discount. The discount must be commensurate with each guests Latitudes Rewards tier level.

The discount is only combinable with the Free at Sea promotion. It is not combinable with any other promotion or discounts.

If a Free at Sea shore excursion credit is on the reservation, the Latitudes shore excursion discount is to be taken off the total bill first and then the Free at Sea credit is applied.

If a guest pre-booked shore excursion before embarking on the cruise, the applicable discount will have already been applied to the price. The shore excursion discount benefit has no monetary value and is non-refundable.

Laundry - Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus & Ambassador

For bulk bag laundry service, which is subject to availability, Gold members receive fifty (50%) percent off of retail price of bulk bag laundry service. The discount will be reflected on the final bill at the end of your sailing. Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador members receive complimentary bulk bag laundry service which provides each Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador member with one (1) bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost. Any request by Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador members for bulk bag laundry service must be made pursuant to the terms of the promotion guidelines. To resolve any billing discrepancies, guests must visit a Latitudes Rewards representative (CruiseNext Manager). The guest hereby confirms and understands that Norwegian shall in no way be held responsible for the occurrence of any of the following through the use of bulk bag laundry service.

• Norwegian is not responsible for clothing that bleeds, shrinks or otherwise changes as a result of normal washing.
  • Norwegian is not responsible for lost articles of clothing unless proven Norwegian was responsible for the loss.
  • Norwegian is not responsible for "hand wash only" or "dry clean only" and is not responsible for checking for these labels in garments.
  • Norwegian is not responsible for any loss or damage to any personal or non-cleanable items left in the clothing or bags such as currency, jewelry, etc,
  • Norwegian reserves the right to refuse to clean any garment.
  • Norwegian does not guarantee the removal of all stains.

Behind-the-Scenes Tour – Platinum, Platinum Plus & Ambassador

All Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador members are able to join Norwegian on a complimentary Behind-the-Scenes Tour of a Norwegian ship. Behind-the-Scenes Tours are only available on sailings five (5) days or longer. Norwegian reserves the right to cancel these tours (e.g. due to security concerns). In the event of a cancellation, notification will be sent to the guest. The Behind-the-Scene Tour is only available to Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador members at no cost.

The number of guests on one tour cannot exceed 20 per group. As space is limited, places are allocated on a 'first come first served basis'. There is no minimum number of guests needed to run the tour.

Norwegian reserves the right to remove any individual from the tour should such individual behave in a manner which Norwegian deems disruptive. Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador members may be restricted to the access they will be provided on the Behind-the-Scenes Tour to the ship's policies and procedures.

Complimentary Internet Minutes – Platinum, Platinum Plus & Ambassador

Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador members will receive complimentary Internet minutes on board for the following amounts: 30 minutes per person for Platinum members. 60 minutes per person for Platinum Plus members. 100 minutes per person for Ambassador members.

On Norwegian Breakaway, eligible members will receive the equivalent in MB of data instead of fixed minutes for the following amounts: 30 MBs per person for Platinum members. 60 MBs per person for Platinum Plus members. 100 MBs per person for Ambassador members.

The Internet minutes are per person; one login per eligible member. They have no cash value and are non-transferable. They are only combinable with the Free at Sea promotion. It is not combinable with any other promotion or discounts.

Internet minutes do not offer service ashore at Harvest Caye or Great Stirrup Cay, but are available onboard the ship when in those ports.

Internet minutes includes the activation fee but any subsequent Internet purchase made by the guest will incur an activation fee.

For reservations made before February 3, 2017, present your keycard in the Internet café to receive your free Internet minutes.

For reservations made on or after February 3, 2017, your free Internet minutes will be automatically added to your onboard account.

Priority Embarkation – Platinum, Platinum Plus & Ambassador

Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador members who arrive first to the pier will be allowed to embark in the earliest embarkation group available. Guests who check in once embarkation has commenced, may have to board in order of arrival.

Priority embarkation will take place immediately following the completion of embarkation for guest who require special assistance and The Haven™ and Suites guests.

Priority embarkation may not be available at all embarkation ports.

Complimentary 7-Day Cruise – Ambassador

Ambassador members will be offered a one-time complimentary 7-day cruise. The cruise is for 2 people in a balcony stateroom, third and fourth guests will be at prevailing rates. Eligible members will have one (1) year to take the complimentary cruise.

There are no destination restrictions but holiday sailings are excluded. No promotions are included. Taxes and fees not included.

Service charges not included.

Terms and conditions are subject to change and inventory is subject to availability.

Account Information

The Program is an individual-oriented program. Your cruise summaries and promotion materials will be sent to the address or email address, you provide. You are responsible for advising the Program of any changes. Norwegian will not have any liability for misdirected mail or the consequences thereof.

As with any new program, watch your charges carefully. I had a massage on a port day and they did not deduct the Platinum Plus percentage until I brought it to their attention.

Would the Plat Plus discount apply to a day pass to the spa? We like to go spend a day or possibly two there during the week but not enough to buy the weekly pass.