When does Princess return alcohol purchased during the cruise?

mamacol

Hi! I am wondering how the return of liquor works on Princess. On Holland it is very nice, as they drop it off at your cabin on the last night around turn down time. On Carnival it was awful - waiting in line at 6 am to pick up booze purchased off the ship at one place, and then going to the shop to pick up anything purchased there. And then you have to pack all the booze in your luggage at the airport or someplace. I didn't like that at all.:(

This is our first time on Princess - any experienced folks able to help?

Thank you!

They deliver it to your cabin on the last sea day which gives you time to pack it. Any purchases on the ship, even the day before, will be allowed to be brought to your cabin that day.

Many people doing a B2B buy bottles to be enjoyed on the ship that way without having to bring it from home.

Yep. Delivered on the last day before you disembark. If you want to party in your stateroom that night you can. We just take delivery and take it off the ship like one is supposed to do.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a 7 day and purchased wine in one port, rum and wine in another. We carried the bottles in open top bottle carry bags so it was obvious what we had but they didn't say anything. One security officer even picked up one of our bags after it went through the scanner and handed it to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What I found humorous is that on some ships I see the crew bringing the liquor to cabins on the last day & sometimes just leave it next to a doorway if no one answers. :rolleyes:

Very trusting.

It was always delivered to our cabin and never left outside the cabin.

Slightly off-topic - If you pre-order the alcohol during the cruise, they give you extra 10% off. If you buy two bottles or more on the order, that's extra 10% off. Elites get another 10% off. We submitted the pre-order on the last eligible day (5th day on a 7-days cruise) so we got 30% off. Not sure if these discounts are combine-able with the 10% off during the first 2 days of the cruise. That'd be an awesome 40% off on booze... Anyone know if that's the case?

Slightly off-topic - If you pre-order the alcohol during the cruise, they give you extra 10% off. If you buy two bottles or more on the order, that's extra 10% off. Elites get another 10% off. We submitted the pre-order on the last eligible day (5th day on a 7-days cruise) so we got 30% off. Not sure if these discounts are combine-able with the 10% off during the first 2 days of the cruise. That'd be an awesome 40% off on booze... Anyone know if that's the case?

I don't know about ordering during the first 2 days of the trip but they will match the lowest price found during the trip by proof of a photo showing bottle size and price. A paper flyer might do although I haven't see any lately in the Caribbean. That can be combined with multi bottle and Elite discounts.

Of course Princess has to sell the exact item you've found elsewhere.

Brand & size.

I bought some Remy XO Cognac on day 2 of our 14 day (2 x 7 day b2b) cruise and it was delivered to our cabin on day 7 which did make me laugh as we were on board for another 7 days and I could have drunk myself stupid on the bottle for the next 7 days. Of course at that price of a bottle I didn't, and wouldn't anyway as it a treat for home, but I did laugh about this policy as it doesn't always work out the way they wanted it to!

Hello All

Sailing on the Royal Princess this fall. Does anyone know how much a bottle of rum or crown royal costs on the ship? Thanks !!

On the Regal last month, Appleton Estate rum was $26, if I remember correctly. Which surprisingly was less than what we found in Jamaica's tourist traps.

Didn't pay attention to the Crown Royal. Sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hello All

Sailing on the Royal Princess this fall. Does anyone know how much a bottle of rum or crown royal costs on the ship? Thanks !!

Last week on the Regal, Crown Royal 1L bottles were 2 for $44.99. We found the same bottles in Amber Cove at 2 for $29.

All liquor was returned the morning of the last day when our room steward made up the room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello All

Are you talking room service rum or crown royal or Duty Free purchases?

Yep. Delivered on the last day before you disembark. If you want to party in your stateroom that night you can.

We just take delivery and take it off the ship like one is supposed to do.

Why don't I believe you ?? OK just kidding :D :D

Tony

Are you talking room service rum or crown royal or Duty Free purchases?

A woman wrote that she's purchased a bottle of liquor on board which was kept in her room. I'm trying to determine if this can be done and how much a bottle would cost.