Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

While we're on the subject of extreme price increases, my December 1st 18 Caribbean sailing (originally booked in Jan 2017) has gone from $849 for a Solo cabin to $1,699 today for the same cabin!... Starting price for a solo in the Haven? $8,698!

While we're on the subject of extreme price increases, my December 1st 18 Caribbean sailing (originally booked in Jan 2017) has gone from $849 for a Solo cabin to $1,699 today for the same cabin!... Starting price for a solo in the Haven? $8,698!

For the transatlantic, studios were originally booking for $1379 and “sold out” almost immediately, leaving several solo travelers feeling left out. Turns out, there was a travel agent that was holding on to several as she saw the value of limited supply. Fast forward a few months, and she released them just prior to final payment, two weeks after the prices jumped to $2499. I’m not sure how many were from her, but there are now 5 sitting vacant that nobody wants because the price is too high.

And to keep this on topic, Bliss studio lounge...

d3fffb5710247b3f841e1f29b66a25a8.jpg

When we booked the TA while on our cruise last May, we booked at $1,649pp for a BF & got an upgrade to a BA.

3 weeks ago, we rebooked to a BF guaranty at $1,249pp & were assigned a BD.

The BF is now $2,549, the BD is $2,919 & the BA is now $2,979.

The BF has doubled in less than 2 weeks.

Dougout...I have a question, where do you find out the percentage the ships are booked up for. Is there a website for that? Another question. Do you know or have heard of Gambee? He pretty much did what you are doing with the Breakaway when it first came out. (Inquiring minds want to know...lol)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Dougout...I have a question, where do you find out the percentage the ships are booked up for. Is there a website for that? Another question. Do you know or have heard of Gambee? He pretty much did what you are doing with the Breakaway when it first came out. (Inquiring minds want to know...lol)

In regards to this thread? This is FreestyleNovice’s baby, I’m just along for the ride. We haven’t heard much from him in the past week, as I believe he’s on a land-based adventure.

I know Gambee... first found his website when we were working on a Breakaway to Bermuda cruise for the extended family. We’re also in some of the same FB groups - I saw him posting a Cuba review not too long ago.

My % booked stats are based on certain sites returning rooms that show as available for booking. I’m an old coder-by-trade, and wrote a utility that tallies available rooms by category.

In regards to this thread? This is FreestyleNovice’s baby, I’m just along for the ride. We haven’t heard much from him in the past week, as I believe he’s on a land-based adventure.

I know Gambee... first found his website when we were working on a Breakaway to Bermuda cruise for the extended family. We’re also in some of the same FB groups - I saw him posting a Cuba review not too long ago.

My % booked stats are based on certain sites returning rooms that show as available for booking. I’m an old coder-by-trade, and wrote a utility that tallies available rooms by category.

That is interesting!!! I did see Gambee's review of Cuba.

I am enjoying this thread and the pics! Thanks to you and Freestyle Novice!!☺☺☺☺☺☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

We are a very large group of friends and family. This is the 10th group cruise we have done together, and I always host. I asked our TA to reserve 50 cabins for us and we filled those quickly. We asked for another 50 and got 30 and filled those quickly too ( by last May). The last 20 we have had to fill at the "current rate" which so many in our group are so angry about. In most cases the price increased by about 400 per person for our October 27, MR cruise. I kept telling everyone when we decided on this cruise for our group to just pay the darned 50.00 pp and hold the cabin. Most listened...but some didnt. I think this was a learning experience for most in our group. I feel bad for those who are just now reading all the "buzz" about this ship and are just now thinking of booking.

We are a very large group of friends and family. This is the 10th group cruise we have done together, and I always host. I asked our TA to reserve 50 cabins for us and we filled those quickly. We asked for another 50 and got 30 and filled those quickly too ( by last May). The last 20 we have had to fill at the "current rate" which so many in our group are so angry about. In most cases the price increased by about 400 per person for our October 27, MR cruise. I kept telling everyone when we decided on this cruise for our group to just pay the darned 50.00 pp and hold the cabin. Most listened...but some didnt. I think this was a learning experience for most in our group. I feel bad for those who are just now reading all the "buzz" about this ship and are just now thinking of booking.

$50 deposit is very reasonable. Its what I like about Norwegian.

I Booked my 11/3/18 Panama Canal cruise in January of 2017 for $1,399 (Interior cabin)

current prices for Interior are $1,819.

It's not thousands of dollars more but just shows that Bliss sailings are increasing in pricing.

I agree; for us, much was saved by booking this Bliss cruise early in July, 2017.

(WE will be with you on this Bliss 11/3/18 Panama Canal cruise.)

Booked an inside cabin, then used our NCL Bank of America Credit Card points

to do a Double Meta Upgrade to a BA(now at $2,779 pp) for the price of an inside cabin ($1,449 pp)

Edited by $hip$hape

$50 deposit is very reasonable. Its what I like about Norwegian.

Yeah, I was kind of astonished by that. Personally, I don't mind paying a bigger deposit so the final payment is less of a hit, but as a whole, it's a very consumer friendly policy. Disney is running a half off deposit promo right now, and I think it's still more.

For the transatlantic, studios were originally booking for $1379 and “sold out” almost immediately, leaving several solo travelers feeling left out. Turns out, there was a travel agent that was holding on to several as she saw the value of limited supply. Fast forward a few months, and she released them just prior to final payment, two weeks after the prices jumped to $2499. I’m not sure how many were from her, but there are now 5 sitting vacant that nobody wants because the price is too high.

And to keep this on topic, Bliss studio lounge...

d3fffb5710247b3f841e1f29b66a25a8.jpg

Glad to see this Doug as I have a studio booked for my Alaska cruise on Bliss September 1st [emoji4]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Sorry if this question has been asked already, I just recently started to follow this thread. It’s a very important question for the group we cruise with, is the Local going to carry chicken wings? From the description on ncl the Local sounds a lot like O’Sheehans, but there’s no mention of wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry if this question has been asked already, I just recently started to follow this thread. It’s a very important question for the group we cruise with, is the Local going to carry chicken wings? From the description on ncl the Local sounds a lot like O’Sheehans, but there’s no mention of wings.

Someone else can chime in but ultimately until we board we won’t know for sure but, with that said yes, it does look like the O’Sheehans and the description does say 24 hr availability. As for Chicken Wings? Nobody here knows for sure yet but I for one will be very disappointed if they are not on the menu as that is a favorite late night treat on my part!!!

I booked May of 17' for our March 2019 Panama Canal cruise. It's my wife and two young daughters. We have a family inside. It was the only affordable way to get this cruise in with our kids which is fine. Our family inside is now $714.00 more than when I booked. That's why I always book my cruises two years out. It would be out of reach now and expect the prices to climb even higher.