Do they give you a lanyard with the Sail and Sign card? or where do people keep them?

BarefootMom

I'm a huge fan of the HUB app but I guess it's not available on all of the ships. We had it on the Miracle earlier this month.

We were each charged a one time $5 fee for the entire cruise.

It allows you to add people on the ship to chat with using the ship's network, but not wifi, so there are no additional costs. You can automatically add people traveling with you, and you can add others using their folio number which is on the S and S card.

The app also has all of the day's activities on it as well as hours for dining venues, ship time and port time. If you click that you are interested in doing an activity it will show all of your chat friends that you are interested.

It will also remind you that your activity is coming up.

It has a ship map as well, but I always use the ones near the elevators so I never bothered to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bought a small retractable keychain at Walmart or somewhere like that before our first cruise and thought it worked great. Have used them on all three of our cruises. The main body of it was only about the size of a silver dollar and had a clip on it. I was able to just clip it on the waste band of my shorts. I had a hole punched into the card, attached it to the key ring end. When it was on my waste band I put it right in the area of my front pocket, I was able to then just tuck the actual card into my pocket if I didn't want it dangling about and not worry about losing it if it fell out. If I needed it to get into the room, just whip it out, stretch the retractable portion, unlock the door and let it retract back in itself.

If I didn't have pants on :eek: I was able to clip it to whatever I was wearing without issue. Only time I didn't use it was when we went off the ship at port. Then it went into my cross body bag.

I was able to find pretty "bedazzled" one too ;p

I'm a huge fan of the HUB app but I guess it's not available on all of the ships. We had it on the Miracle earlier this month.

We were each charged a one time $5 fee for the entire cruise.

It allows you to add people on the ship to chat with using the ship's network, but not wifi, so there are no additional costs. You can automatically add people traveling with you, and you can add others using their folio number which is on the S and S card.

The app also has all of the day's activities on it as well as hours for dining venues, ship time and port time. If you click that you are interested in doing an activity it will show all of your chat friends that you are interested.

It will also remind you that your activity is coming up.

It has a ship map as well, but I always use the ones near the elevators so I never bothered to use it.

The Hub app is available fleet wide now. Every Carnival ship has it.

I used both a lanyard and a small cross body purse for my card. On the Miracle the card already had a hole punched so I didn't have to worry about that. The lanyard came in really handy by the pool, and on excursions, while I would just tuck the card by itself in my purse. Worked out well!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I go off ship, I have a little purse under my shirt (a crossbody, not a fanny pack ;p) carrying my S&S card, money, ID, phone, and inhaler, unless I'm wearing cargo pants that can hold stuff.

On ship, I carry the same little purse, but definitely find it easier to keep S&S card on a lanyard. I have a couple of them picked up at Walmart or tech conferences. (I'm a tech lawyer.) It's just easier to pay for drinks in the comedy shows without digging into a bag in the dark!

Some others wear them. Some don't. NOBODY cares!!! ;) And if someone does care, who cares that they care? Ha ha. It's just convenient for me.

We have cord lanyards that hubby got on a business trip. They don't have the plastic pouch, just a clip. If I'm dressed up, hubby usually carries my card in his pants pocket for me. One thing about the lanyard is I can keep it on in the pool. That way, if I want to order a drink while in the pool or hot tub, my card is already on me. It dries relatively quick, since it is not super thick, yet is durable. As far as going ashore, I think my Texas accent, etc. pretty much lets locals know I'm a tourist. I wear the lanyard on the inside of my shirt. If I'm going to the beach, I have a drypak that I wear around my neck with my ID, ship card & money.

I don't like the lanyard around the neck. Someone could come up from behind, grab it and choke you. That's no good.

Pocket works good for S&S card. If I don't have a pocket I'll use a body cavity.

Most quality lanyards have a breakaway clip at the back of the neck, but I agree, I don't like something hanging around my neck.

I will keep on wearing my lanyard despite what others think or how dorky I look. Im in a wheelchair and its impossible to sit all the time and pull your Seapass in and out of your pocket every time you need it. its either a lanyard or a fanny pack and I damn sure aint wearing a fanny pack. ;p not that i have anything against others wearing them at all.

I was at Macy's and saw that fanny packs are coming back "in" style.....which means I never went "out" of style....

I was at Macy's and saw that fanny packs are coming back "in" style.....which means I never went "out" of style....

I love my fanny pack for travel!! Lol It really works for me. My boys HATE it, soooooo [emoji108] I know, loser here, but I really feel like I look good in it though!!! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] Maybe not ...... [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

5b31520119127cd903faf78716af8782.jpg

I love my fanny pack for travel!! Lol It really works for me. My boys HATE it, soooooo [emoji108] I know, loser here, but I really feel like I look good in it though!!! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] Maybe not ...... [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

5b31520119127cd903faf78716af8782.jpg

You look awesome!! I love fanny packs :D

• 6 months later...

I don't understand why people wear the card on a lanyard. I never see anyone at a warm weather / beach type hotel wear a card on a lanyard. Conventions yes, beach vacations never, but cruises all the time. But each to their own.

I don't understand why people wear the card on a lanyard. I never see anyone at a warm weather / beach type hotel wear a card on a lanyard. Conventions yes, beach vacations never, but cruises all the time. But each to their own.

Do tbey give you sign and sail cards at beach hotels?

cydfwmc.png

Do tbey give you sign and sail cards at beach hotels?

Yes its called a room card and you can put room charges on it or you could bring a credit card. Either way you probably have a card that you're not wearing around your neck at a beach hotel. Go to any beach hotel in south florida and how many people are wearing lanyards? Again to each their own, doesn't bother me, just don't get the reason/purpose. Since many red and blue card holders wear lanyards its not for showing off status. Other cruise lines have people wearing them as well so it's not a Carnival thing.

Yes its called a room card and you can put room charges on it or you could bring a credit card. Either way you probably have a card that you're not wearing around your neck at a beach hotel. Go to any beach hotel in south florida and how many people are wearing lanyards? Again to each their own, doesn't bother me, just don't get the reason/purpose. Since many red and blue card holders wear lanyards its not for showing off status. Other cruise lines have people wearing them as well so it's not a Carnival thing.

I think it’s so they don’t have to carry a wallet/purse. I don’t wear mine but I can understand it for people who don’t have pockets. I’d rather them wear it around their neck than pull it out of their bra and give it to the bartender that makes my drinks. I don’t get why people care what other people do. There’s a lot of that around here though.

If you get a lanyard try to find one that comes apart in the middle while still hanging around your neck. Helps from having to always take the whole thing off when using the card.

Don’t get one with a magnetic clasp. It will screw up your card. Had to get several replacements before we figured it out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums