Do they give you a lanyard with the Sail and Sign card? or where do people keep them?

BarefootMom

My DW puts stuff in her bra. I thought that was silly.... Until she asked me to retrieve something 😳😳😳😳

I usually carry our cards, but I think I may try your system on our next cruise.

You can get those swirled wristlets at Walmart....6 for $4 around the badges etc. and they are great. You can also get the fabric ones as well as a ton of options of lanyards at Hobby Lobby and even the jewelry section of Walmart. We have had all of the above. Kids get lanyards and we use the wristlets and pockets. It always takes me a day or two when I get home to stop missing the writlet! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Forums mobile app

Wouldn't it be great if carnival did the wrist bands like they do at some of the amusement parks. I went to a water park in Florida and instead of carrying cash or a card you could link your credit card to a plastic arm band that customer service placed on you. It's very strong plastic and water proof. I loved it

Haha what a funny post this has turned out to be! Well I am guilty of several convenient places to store my card: my bra (so many dresses now a days have no pockets), a wristlet (if it matches that evenings outfit) and a lanyard. We don't wear it around our necks but much easier to locate a cord in the bottom of the beach bag or once we get back to the room and it gets lost on vanity. I can't tell you how many S&S cards my little divers (years ago) found at the bottom of the pool through out the years!! LMAO

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

Wouldn't it be great if carnival did the wrist bands like they do at some of the amusement parks. I went to a water park in Florida and instead of carrying cash or a card you could link your credit card to a plastic arm band that customer service placed on you. It's very strong plastic and water proof. I loved it

There was a posting on here a month or so ago that said Carnival was already looking in to doing this.

NOOOOOO! No wristbands! I know that there's a plan to test them on one of the Princess ships, but I'm hoping the whole thing is a complete failure. Or, at the very least, people are given the choice of a S&S card or a wristband.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/04/technology/carnival-medallion-wearable-ces/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should just be sure that wherever you store your S & S card that it is no where near your phone. The magnetic stripes deactivate sometimes when stored near a phone. I have no idea why but it has happened to me many times. I just keep my card in my back pocket or in a small crossbody purse I take on vacations.

Phone speaker has a magnet too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NOOOOOO! No wristbands! I know that there's a plan to test them on one of the Princess ships, but I'm hoping the whole thing is a complete failure. Or, at the very least, people are given the choice of a S&S card or a wristband.

Totally agree w/ this! I can't stand anything on my wrist. No watch ... no bracelet. That would drive me crazy!

You probably don't need to carry your cell phone around the ship. Wifi can get very expensive, so I'd recommend keep it in the safe.

I carry my phone all over the place on the boat ... use it to take pictures b/c it's easier and lighter than a camera ... and I like to post to FB. Never had an issue w/ it deactivating/erasing my S&S card or any issues w/ any additional charges or expenses.

I wouldn't mind Carnival (and other lines) going to wristbands instead of cards.

Walt Disney World has Magic Bands, we've done two trips there using those and they work great. They get you into your room, onto the rides, and you use them to pay for everything (if you choose to charge to your room instead of pay cash). Take them off at night to sleep/shower, put them on the next morning before you head out the door. They're great!

I wouldn't mind Carnival (and other lines) going to wristbands instead of cards.

Walt Disney World has Magic Bands, we've done two trips there using those and they work great. They get you into your room, onto the rides, and you use them to pay for everything (if you choose to charge to your room instead of pay cash). Take them off at night to sleep/shower, put them on the next morning before you head out the door. They're great!

We love the Magic Bands - I was not sure about them at first but by the time I got home from our trip I was annoyed I couldn't use them to get into my home and pay for things at the grocery store. So easy!

I just picked up a blue beaded lanyard at Michael's last night for $6.99. I plan to use on our cruise because I won't always have pockets and do not want to carry around a bag all of the time on the ship. It is much nicer than any lanyard I have used at work and with the pretty blue colors it reminds me of the ocean colors so hoping that keeps the focus on cruise vs. work.

They're coming, like it or not. The entire industry is moving in that direction. Just like the demise of the beloved tablecloths, it's inevitable. Progress!!!

I will keep on wearing my lanyard despite what others think or how dorky I look. Im in a wheelchair and its impossible to sit all the time and pull your Seapass in and out of your pocket every time you need it. its either a lanyard or a fanny pack and I damn sure aint wearing a fanny pack. ;p not that i have anything against others wearing them at all.