MSC Yacht Club vs Celebrity Aqua Suite

Doc2725

Hello X'ers- Hoping to get some advice.

We currently have a YC1 booked on the MSC Divina for this upcoming October. However, I am toying with the idea of canceling it, and instead booking on the Equinox a month later. I am having trouble deciding. If it weren't for the Yacht Club, we wouldn't be doing MSC. The price of the YC room we booked is about $200 than an Aqua Suite on X. My question--- is the service and food on X better than what I would receive in the Yacht Club on MSC. The X ships certainly seem nicer, as do the bars, food, etc. But the YC is a ship within a ship, and seems pretty high class. I just don't know what to do. Help!

Not sure what you mean by "Aqua Suite."

There are no Aqua Suites on the Equinox. There were some on Reflection when it was launched but no more. If you are talking Aqua Class cabin and comparing it to the YC, that is Mercedes (YC) to VW (AQ).

If you are referencing some other type of full suite, that may be a different story.

If my thinking is right, your not comparing apples to apples. Yacht Club on MSC has a area just for suite guests. Celebrity does not have Aqua Suites anymore and they were only on Reflection. If your talking about Aqua Class you do have a dedicated breakfast and dinner restaurant called Blu. You might want to compare Yacht Club to a Sky Suite. Suites get a dedicated restaurant and Michael's Club.

Crap, sorry. I meant Aqua class.

And no, not comparing Sky Suites, etc. My question comes down to this. Is Celebrity's service, food, drinks, etc. better than what I would receive with an MSC YC cabin/reservation.

Public areas are both beautiful. On MSC you will have the feeling of being in Italy, with all its charm, food, music or entertainment and relaxed athmospere. Celebrity ships provide to my opinion the well known services similar as in USA.

I love both.

I think you will enjoy in either of them. However your original question was MSC Yacht Club or Aqua Class in Celebrity. My preference would be MSC Yacht Club.

• Like 1

We stick with AQ on X..and have been happy...we.looked at Yacht club but it just did not appeal, mostly b/c children are in the dedicated pool area.. On X, Solarium pool is adult only except for a few hrs a day and not that many children in BLU...all usually well behaved

.. the persian gardens and relaxation room are also nice perks in AQ,.but depends if you are interested in them

Would not describe AQ as a VW compared to anything..

The Yacht Club on Divina is superb - the only thing to bear in mind is that if you are a bad sailor, it may not be for you. It is up high - deck 15 - or is it 16? and it really does sway up there in bad weather.

Will spoil you for anything else.:D

• Like 1

We enjoyed the YC on the Divina a great deal. The service is top-notch and I think the MSC YC restaurant was equal or slightly better than Luminae and Blu, but of course food is a matter of personal tastes. The YC suites are not much different from a balcony cabin on x.

I am assuming you are looking at the Caribbean for either cruise, and if so you will see a difference in the nationality of the people sailing with you. On Divina, for the ship overall, it was a much more global crowd, with many languages spoken. We really enjoyed this, (even took some Italian lessons offered on the ship) but I can understand if other American/Canadians might feel comfortable with the "hometown" crowd you would get on the Equinox. The Divina breakfast buffet is a whirlwind of sights, sounds, and action; and all the announcements and speeches on the ship are repeated every time in several languages, which can get tiring.

I'd suggest trying the Divina, I bet you really enjoy it. But either way, you can't lose.

• Like 1

I was going to say the Yacht Club without a doubt but the "suite" looks not different than an normal balcony cabin. But, I still think I'd like all the extras.

We've been in Aqua a few times and really do like it but for the same price I might jump on the Yacht Club.

enjoy

I'm Elite + on Celebtity and even I would suggest Yacht Club without a doubt! Food at Le Muse is great, there is food 24/7 at The Top Sail Lounge which is a much more beautiful space than Michael's Club. Your Butler will go out of his way to do anything for you. And until Edge sails, Celebrity's suites do not have their own pool and hot tub area.

And after April 1, the all inclusive drinks in YC will be ship wide. Mini bar included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello X'ers- Hoping to get some advice.

We currently have a YC1 booked on the MSC Divina for this upcoming October. However, I am toying with the idea of canceling it, and instead booking on the Equinox a month later. I am having trouble deciding. If it weren't for the Yacht Club, we wouldn't be doing MSC. The price of the YC room we booked is about $200 than an Aqua Suite on X. My question--- is the service and food on X better than what I would receive in the Yacht Club on MSC. The X ships certainly seem nicer, as do the bars, food, etc. But the YC is a ship within a ship, and seems pretty high class. I just don't know what to do. Help!

We really enjoyed the yacht club on MSC Divina, food was outstanding in yacht club restaurant and speciality restaurants, entertainment was great too! Yacht club was a great experience.

HI! I am actually thinking about doing the Yacht Club also. I do have a sky suite reserved on the Equionox this summer but wondering if we should switch it to Yacht club. People who have tried both, which suite restaurant has better food?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

HI! I am actually thinking about doing the Yacht Club also. I do have a sky suite reserved on the Equionox this summer but wondering if we should switch it to Yacht club. People who have tried both, which suite restaurant has better food?

Yacht clubs dedicated dining room is better than Luminae by far but both lines have wonderful speciality restaurants, I would only do MSC in yacht club though

Le Muse, the YC restaurant, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner every night of the cruise; Luminae does not. On our recent sailing, on sea days the Maître d prepared a fresh pasta dish on a special table/range in the restaurant. Best pasta aglio e olio we've ever had! On the second formal night Le Muse serves a butter poached lobster that is to die for!

• Like 1

Le Muse, the YC restaurant, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner every night of the cruise; Luminae does not. On our recent sailing, on sea days the Maître d prepared a fresh pasta dish on a special table/range in the restaurant. Best pasta aglio e olio we've ever had! On the second formal night Le Muse serves a butter poached lobster that is to die for!

Thank you for your response! So I guess you would suggest Yacht

Club more. I am going this summer with my teenage daughter. She is more a "foodie" than hanging with other teens.

We did YC on the Divina last summer. Only two families with kids on in late June into July (week before the 4th). The food in Le Muse was good, but the menu is very limited (3 or 4 entrees at dinner plus the always available) if you are at all picky there may not be something you like. I thought I would get great pasta every night but the pasta always had some sort of meat in it, and I don't typically do meat and pasta together. However, we ate extremely well and always found something, even if we turned an appetizer into an entree or the opposite. The drinks on the pool deck and Top Sail were great and the butlers kept them coming the whole time. I sailed in a walking cast and I was completely pampered, they made sure I was taken care of! We would actually do lunch on the pool deck and go get pizza from the main buffet and bring it up to the YC pool deck and then get drinks and other food like salad to go with it! My biggest complaints were that there was NO SHADE on the pool deck unless you sat right at the bar, also it was basically impossible to get a chair at the other pools because of sales (and we only got free drinks in YC). We also found getting from the YC area to Le Muse to be a pain, and the public areas to be beautiful but crowded. Overall we had a great cruise and I would do it again as long as I was in YC!

musik07's post reflects my fears about MSC Yacht Club and NCL Haven -- the private area and the private restaurant may be very nice, but once you leave those areas you are on a true mass-market ship with all that that entails. With Celebrity, the entire ship is at a(n at least somewhat) higher standard. And the Retreat on Edge will provide everything that has been described here for the Yacht Club, along with everything else on Edge.

musik07's post reflects my fears about MSC Yacht Club and NCL Haven -- the private area and the private restaurant may be very nice, but once you leave those areas you are on a true mass-market ship with all that that entails. With Celebrity, the entire ship is at a(n at least somewhat) higher standard. And the Retreat on Edge will provide everything that has been described here for the Yacht Club, along with everything else on Edge.

I am really excited about Edge! But for this summer it is not available. So confused as to what to do!!!!