Timelapse of Journey through the Sounds in New Zealand

excitedofharpenden

Chief Officer Konstantinos did this on our Australia & New Zealand voyage. He also did an GoPro capture of dolphins “leading” us as we cruised the coast of New Zealand . . . a really AzAmazing video. Check out the post by Captain Johannes on his Facebook page. I couldn’t figure out how to get the video over here!

Chief Officer Konstantinos did this on our Australia & New Zealand voyage. He also did an GoPro capture of dolphins “leading” us as we cruised the coast of New Zealand . . . a really AzAmazing video. Check out the post by Captain Johannes on his Facebook page. I couldn’t figure out how to get the video over here!

I don't think you can link a Facebook video here, but if you look at Konstantinos' YouTube channel link in the video above there is one of the dolphins, but an edited version of what was on Johannes' FB page.

Cyclone Debbie is having quite an impact on the current Journey cruise with a changed itinerary.:(

Question for Bonnie re: February 8, 2018 Azamara Journey sailing from Sydney to Auckland

On February 14, 2018, the itinerary for the Journey indicates cruising through Milford Sound from 7 to 10 a.m. Will the passengers also see the additional sights shown on the video -- Dusky, Thompson and Doubtful Sounds and Breaksea Island?

I'm sure it's going to depend on the weather. We just completed the Feb. 19, 2017 cruise and we had beautiful weather that day. The Captain even mentioned that because the weather was so nice, we were going to sail through the other sounds. I hope you will be as lucky as we were!

Garry

Question for Bonnie re: February 8, 2018 Azamara Journey sailing from Sydney to Auckland

On February 14, 2018, the itinerary for the Journey indicates cruising through Milford Sound from 7 to 10 a.m. Will the passengers also see the additional sights shown on the video -- Dusky, Thompson and Doubtful Sounds and Breaksea Island?

I'm sure it's going to depend on the weather. We just completed the Feb. 19, 2017 cruise and we had beautiful weather that day. The Captain even mentioned that because the weather was so nice, we were going to sail through the other sounds. I hope you will be as lucky as we were!

Garry

We were also on the next cruise (Mar 6, Auckland back to Sydney). The weather was pretty bad for a few days but cleared up in time for us to go back through the inside passage and all of the sounds. Magnificent barely covers it.