Final payment email?

Does RCCL send out an email reminding you to make final payment before it is due? I've always just kept the date in mind and can't remember how this has worked before for us. We are cruising with friends and our 90 days is coming up and my friend seems to be expecting a notification that payment is due. Is it coming and if so when?

Final payment date us is on your RC invoice which you should have received when you first booked. If you don't have a copy of that invoice you should be able to call and get one sent to you.

I have never received a reminder but I know when final payment is due and make that payment prior to the date.

Does RCCL send out an email reminding you to make final payment before it is due? I've always just kept the date in mind and can't remember how this has worked before for us. We are cruising with friends and our 90 days is coming up and my friend seems to be expecting a notification that payment is due. Is it coming and if so when?

Do not depend on getting an email from RC. Their email system is notoriously unreliable.

I found this email from Rci.

Dear Guest

Please find attached a polite payment reminder in regards to your reservation, please take a moment to read this document.

We are sure that you already know when the balance of your reservation is due, however, this is just a polite reminder.

Prompt payment of your balance due will allow us to automatically release your electronic cruise documents as soon as they become available in our system. The tickets will then be available for you to view and print from our website, enabling you to complete your on-line check in process and print off your "SetSail Pass" before the cruise and improve your pre-cruise experience.

OP, assume that they aren't going to send a reminder and make your final payment based on the documented due date. I normally pay a week ahead to ensure that there's time to deal with any glitches that might arise.

I found this email from Rci.

Dear Guest

Please find attached a polite payment reminder in regards to your reservation, please take a moment to read this document.

We are sure that you already know when the balance of your reservation is due, however, this is just a polite reminder.

Prompt payment of your balance due will allow us to automatically release your electronic cruise documents as soon as they become available in our system. The tickets will then be available for you to view and print from our website, enabling you to complete your on-line check in process and print off your "SetSail Pass" before the cruise and improve your pre-cruise experience.

Is your reservation a US booking or are you a UK booking? Maybe that is the difference.

I keep all my cruising emails and went through my last ten Royal cruises and only found one. None for Celebrity.

I usually pay it off before the final payment date so I have never gotten one. I don't understand it..... If you can pay it off before the actual date, why do people wait till that final payment date to do it! Maybe it's me but I just don't get it!

I usually pay it off before the final payment date so I have never gotten one. I don't understand it..... If you can pay it off before the actual date, why do people wait till that final payment date to do it! Maybe it's me but I just don't get it!

I'd rather have the cash hanging out in my bank account earning me a little interest than in Royal's. Other than knowing it is taken care of, I don't see any reason to give them my money early. On other cruise lines, like Disney, you can't book excursions, dining, etc, until paid in full. So there, there's a reason to pay early, but I haven't seen a reason on Royal so I earn myself a few extra bucks by not paying early.

My final payment date was on 15/02 and I got the email on the 13/01.I paid on the 30/1 and I got another email the same a couple of days after I paid.

It was a UK booking.

Edited by orla56

Sounds like hit and miss on US side, myself 25 cruises in 3+ yrs always threw Royal, no TA. Only reminder I got was when payment week late. Funny thing is had another late one, never got and reminder went to print my sign and sail just 3 weeks before cruise and realized hadn't paid one on my B2B2B2B....

since I pay ours off a month early, what little bit of interest I might earn between the payment and waiting until a couple days before isn't worth it. I call our TA to have her call in the payment, she send me a final invoice attached to an email that same day.

• 1 month later...

just a follow on FYI -- I just received a final payment reminder from RCI. very polite message similar to what was posted in previous response.

It came 2 weeks prior to final payment due.

Of course i also had it on my payments calendar, but nice to see the email from them. getting me excited