For those with CCL stock

caribill

I wished I had bought some before. I scheduled our 2017 Alaskan cruise about a year ago. I didn't fully understand the whole program. Now I do. I will probably hold off for now, but if we do Princess again I will definitely be keeping my eye on the price.

You still have time to obtain the stock and have the OBC applied to your 2017 Alaska cruise.

sometimes you get a discount of up to 5% on the purchase price of the shares bought with reinvested dividends. -- not with CCL stock

I could never figure why a collapse in crude would cause cruise line shares to drop! Should have been the exact opposite but people panic and do the opposite of what the logically should do.

Cruise line shares dropped when the bottom fell out of the crude oil market because Princess had been hedging future purchases at what turned out to be higher prices than the now current price of oil. Essentially, they lost money on every barrel of oil they had contracted for in advance..

Does stock owners OBC combine with OBC from other offers?

Does the OBC show up on your cruise personalizer or do you have to wait to get on the ship to see if it is there? Thanks!

Stock holder OBC does combine with other OBC. On my last cruise I had $700 of OBC which included the Stock holder credit.

Yes, It does show up on your cruise personalizer.

That is really interesting!

Do you have first hand experience with this?

My understanding of Stock Holders Credit is one credit per stateroom. Now loyalty credits were given based on different last names sharing the same cabin. Two of us have received the loyalty credits for years.

So it means if my husband and I have different last names and we stay in the same stateroom, we can both get the shareholder credits?

The answer is no. This off the Shareholder form:

RESTRICTIONS

• This offer is good for only one cabin occupied by the shareholder. Only one benefit OBC can be applied to a cabin, even if there are multiple shareholders in the cabin.

I guess I'm just posting to gloat. I bought at $32.30 per share back in 2009. I am a happy cruiser. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's $10 to $12 more then price that many of us probably bought it for......gloat away......;p

Wow. Snark much? I really don't think the user is "gloating". There is nothing at all wrong with being happy the stock is now higher than it was at purchase. Heck, the price quoted is less than I paid for the stock and I am still very happy that it has gone up.

So it means if my husband and I have different last names and we stay in the same stateroom, we can both get the shareholder credits?

Not sure about the shareholder's credit but the loyalty credit is a nope. My husband has a different last name, but according to the Captain's Circle rep we only got a single loyalty credit because we have the same address.

am waiting for a crash. Then will buy some. It will happen.

That assumes that you can time the market so you buy at the bottom, not try to catch a falling knife, and that you'll be selling it somewhere near the top. Meanwhile you'll be missing out on fairly juicy OBCs in the meantime (and after you sell, presumably at a taxable profit that's greater than the tax-free OBCs you'd have gotten by buying today).

Of course, if you can't afford 100 shares today, that's one thing. But if the economy craters will you be able to afford cheaper shares then? And will you be able to afford cruising?

Wow. Snark much? I really don't think the user is "gloating". There is nothing at all wrong with being happy the stock is now higher than it was at purchase. Heck, the price quoted is less than I paid for the stock and I am still very happy that it has gone up.

Who is the snark here......they were the one who said they were "gloating" not me.....try minding your own business....:rolleyes:

Who is the snark here......they were the one who said they were "gloating" not me.....try minding your own business....:rolleyes:

You are, of course, correct. I reread it and you have my apology.

Not sure about the shareholder's credit but the loyalty credit is a nope. My husband has a different last name, but according to the Captain's Circle rep we only got a single loyalty credit because we have the same address.

Not the way it works for us with the loyalty credit but oh well.

Not the way it works for us with the loyalty credit but oh well.

Count yourself lucky, then, and enjoy your OBCs.

We hit #21 last cruise and only I got the credit. When I discussed it with a couple longtime partnered cruisers, that's also how it's worked for them. (On the other hand, two siblings with the same surname got 2 credits for their cabin because they don't live together.) And, as I said, that's what the CC host explained, too.

I found this on the Princess Academy site: † The Loyalty Commend onboard credit is applied per household, rather than per person. As an example, a husband and wife traveling in one cabin who have both earned 25 cruise credits will receive one onboard credit of $25 to share.