For those with CCL stock

caribill

...and one wonders why are those that cruise with Princess and other Carnival Corp vessels that don't have at least 100 shares of this stock. The nice stock dividend, very good investment, and the non-taxable shareholder benefit "dividend" makes it a no-brainer.

We bought it years ago when it was about $30 per share and it has paid for itself with the dividends and SB.

I bought in a couple months ago, so can't gloat over doubling my money. However, I buy stock for the long haul. I have every reason to believe this stock will continue to appreciate, especially with the Asian markets opening up, new ships coming on line, etc. Of course the economy could tank like it did in 2009 but that's the time to buy more shares if you have the money and the courage to do so.

I bought in a couple months ago, so can't gloat over doubling my money. However, I buy stock for the long haul. I have every reason to believe this stock will continue to appreciate, especially with the Asian markets opening up, new ships coming on line, etc. Of course the economy could tank like it did in 2009 but that's the time to buy more shares if you have the money and the courage to do so.

I actually bought the stock for the OBC and the dividends. The money I invested in this stock would have earned almost nothing in a bank, CD, etc. The ROI due to the dividends - not to mention the OBC - is massively better than any of those traditional options. I am happy that the value has increased but have absolutely no plans to ever sell the stock.

We also bought it for the OBC. We average about $1000 per year. I am to the point where if the company went out of business, it would still be a great investment for us.

Who is the snark here......they were the one who said they were "gloating" not me.....try minding your own business....:rolleyes:

Wow!

You people can get really nasty here.

What is it about these CC forums that brings out the worst in people? :rolleyes:

Edited by Kingofcool1947

• 1 month later...
The answer is no. This off the Shareholder form:

RESTRICTIONS

• This offer is good for only one cabin occupied by the shareholder. Only one benefit OBC can be applied to a cabin, even if there are multiple shareholders in the cabin.

If shares are in both names, and if husband & wife stay in different cabins on the same cruise, will the credit be applied to both cabins?

Yes, I did it.Went with family on a cruise and registered grandkids,one in each cabin with us and sent it in.I waited about a week inbetween but we both got credit.

Did you have 200 shares then?

am waiting for a crash. Then will buy some. It will happen.

Just be ready to move and to pull the trigger. Timing is everything. People say you can't time the market but I politely disagree.

Bought CCL @$15.00 in 2008, have held for dividends, appreciation and OBC.

Bought RCL @$6 and change, dumped it at a tick over $100 when they made it impossible to use as OBC. Always "No." And, of course, a pretty decent appreciation.

What is it about these CC forums that brings out the worst in people? :rolleyes:

Anonimity.

I acquired my stock in the downturn after the mardi gras ran aground

on its first cruise in 1971.

They actually paid me to take the stock.

Like most, we bought the stock for the advantages of OBC and dividends. Got it @ $40.

I watch the stock market everyday to make sure all my investments are still doing better than when we purchased them.

I appreciate CCL for all that they do for stockholders, retired military and their promotions that add to OBC. Last time we had the terrible responsibility to spend $900 in OBC and boy was that fun! ;p

Like others, I highly doubt I will ever sale the stock. :')

No OBC if you are booking under deep discount rate such as Flash, Travel Industry Rate etc.

You can still get the OBC with flash sale pricing as that is pricing open to the general public.

No OBC if you are booking under deep discount rate such as Flash, Travel Industry Rate etc.

Always buy when on sale or special and never been refused obc the accounts dept

do not care what you paid for the cruise or what type of room you are in

Count yourself lucky, then, and enjoy your OBCs.

We hit #21 last cruise and only I got the credit. When I discussed it with a couple longtime partnered cruisers, that's also how it's worked for them. (On the other hand, two siblings with the same surname got 2 credits for their cabin because they don't live together.) And, as I said, that's what the CC host explained, too.

I found this on the Princess Academy site: † The Loyalty Commend onboard credit is applied per household, rather than per person. As an example, a husband and wife traveling in one cabin who have both earned 25 cruise credits will receive one onboard credit of $25 to share.

Unless the wife did not change her name or double barrelled it as wwe did and we get 2 per cruise

We have 100 shares but since both our names are on the stock and we were in 2 different cabins we each got it.

They will only honor 1 shareholders credit per cabin.I have two friends who always cruise together and one bought it. The other wanted to buy for the obc but they said one per cabin,even though they do not live together. Loyalty credit,it seems, they allow one per address.

DH talked about buying 100 shares until I let him know that I'd claim my credit before he could try to get his. It's great that I can get the OBC on Princess and HAL (and even our one Carnival cruise).

I have mine in a Roth IRA account. It is the only stock in the account. Rather than cash dividends, I do dividend reinvestment, so the dividends buy me added shares of Carnival stock. When I am no longer around, my kids can take the RMDs from the Roth account.

Great idea. I thought that I had this all figured out! Love the dividend re-investment. I could do that in my IRA. With the increase price and onboard credit....this is a great investment and you made it (upgrade)!

I bought 100 shares in 2008 for $1800. This year we will get a total $600 OBC from Princess and $100 for our one CCL cruise. It was a very good purchase IMO. Next year we are going to get $500 OBC from Princess and $100 for our one cruise with CCL.

Now that I've done the calculation, the price for CCL is up there. Was thinking about watching the stock for another month or two, hoping for a dip, to make the purchase, but in reading the posts here think I will do it before end of this quarter. Of our three booked cruises our next one is October....Thanks all!