Mariner Of The Seas Refurbishment

I have read multiple posts on how long it is going to take to "de-Chinafy" the Mariner. Seriously? I am not making aspersions but this comment seems vaguely racist .I am not sure I've ever heard the expression "de-westernize" Exactly what must be done and why should it take so long .:confused:

I have read multiple posts on how long it is going to take to "de-chinafy" the Mariner. Seriously? I am not making aspersions but this comment seems vaguely racist .I am not sure I've ever heard the expression "de-westernize" Exactly what must be done and why should it take so long .:confused:

Many venues were changed into various types of gambling venues and now will be changed back.

By not making the TA a revenue cruise it provides more flexibility by not having to have all the work completed at the time she leaves the yard. Any work that was not completed in the yard could continue during the crossing without having any impact on passengers.

No impact. [emoji33]

Tell that to those who had the TA cancelled.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

No impact. [emoji33]

Tell that to those who had the TA cancelled.

We booked the Carnival Horizon 14 days Barcelona to NYC leaving 5/9/18. So we will be spending 2 nights in Barcelona, sounds like fun. I was on an NCL cruise on which they were replacing carpet in the section next to our cabin, the workers wore protective masks, we were offered nothing, both of us had a bad cough for two weeks. NCL had nothing to say or offer. I'm gonna be very aware of any work on the Dubai to Barcelona leg.

You are not a passenger on that particular sailing, so no impact!;p

[emoji33] I would have preferred to go on the Odyssey they promised, so yes I am impacted. A flight from Barcelona home was not what we bargained for. But thanks for your opinion.

By not making the TA a revenue cruise it provides more flexibility by not having to have all the work completed at the time she leaves the yard. Any work that was not completed in the yard could continue during the crossing without having any impact on passengers.

How 's this for no impact :confused:

We booked Singapore to Miami then B2B on the Allure . Abandoned in Barcelona by Royal :mad:

Not everyone lives in Florida

How 's this for no impact :confused:

We booked Singapore to Miami then B2B on the Allure . Abandoned in Barcelona by Royal :mad:

Not everyone lives in Florida

I live in FL, it affects me.

You have an easy flight to Singapore. [emoji6]

Can you book a Quantum ship prior to Mariner instead?

I live in FL, it affects me.

You have an easy flight to Singapore. [emoji6]

Can you book a Quantum ship prior to Mariner instead?

Barcelona to Coffs Harbour Flight time is a easy 26 hours +to stops .:rolleyes:

Already on Ovation Sydney to Singapore still do not get to Caribbean on allure ots

Barcelona to Coffs Harbour Flight time is a easy 26 hours +to stops .:rolleyes:

Already on Ovation Sydney to Singapore still do not get to Caribbean on allure ots

26 hours from Orlando to Singapore.

Only 13 hours from Barcelona to Orlando via Montreal.

Fly to FL for free and book an earlier cruise.

They could have given some options to fly to Florida and pick up a cruise there.

They kinda did. Relatively free flights to FL, then take the FCC from legs 1&2 and book one of the big girls. [emoji6]

Or book the Carnival ship, sail to NY, fly home from there. Possibly free as well.

Just being devils advocate.

They kinda did. Relatively free flights to FL, then take the FCC from legs 1&2 and book one of the big girls. [emoji6]

Or book the Carnival ship, sail to NY, fly home from there. Possibly free as well.

Just being devils advocate.

I decided to fly home for a couple weeks and then take Radiance to Alaska.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

Many venues were changed into various types of gambling venues and now will be changed back.

Not many venues... One additional venue which I think was the bottom of the nightclub? More Asian gambling and no craps, so they will need to change out tables. We were on Mariner in Asia the end of last year and she was perfect. Except for the Asian staff, not much has changed. We were also on the cruise across to Asia from Houston but disembarked in Dubai. I don't recall everyone being 'Livid' and everyone we got to know had a fantastic cruise. We were more livid about a wasted turn around day in Barcelona that was chaos do to disorganization.

The D Lounge was changed to a High Rollers lounge but that has been changed back and we enjoyed that. The Pub is back. I think everyone will be surprised how 'normal' Mariner actually is.

With the credits received from Royal could you book round trip?

The air credit allows us to fly home from Barcelona in Business Class for about the same as we would have paid for coach from Miami.

The discounts on the first 2 legs of the Mariner trip pays for one of the 2 weeks we booked on the Radiance.

If I did not add the 2 weeks on the Radiance it would have thrown off both my block and PC schedule.

Not many venues... One additional venue which I think was the bottom of the nightclub? More Asian gambling and no craps, so they will need to change out tables. We were on Mariner in Asia the end of last year and she was perfect. Except for the Asian staff, not much has changed. We were also on the cruise across to Asia from Houston but disembarked in Dubai. I don't recall everyone being 'Livid' and everyone we got to know had a fantastic cruise. We were more livid about a wasted turn around day in Barcelona that was chaos do to disorganization.

The D Lounge was changed to a High Rollers lounge but that has been changed back and we enjoyed that. The Pub is back. I think everyone will be surprised how 'normal' Mariner actually is.

I just returned from the Mariner and it was not "normal" by a long shot.

Let's see the onboard shop was on deck 4 and had just a few items, and I do mean a few.

The entertainment for the most part was not up to par.

The Food in the Main dining room had a Asian flavour and what western food had no taste.

Carpet is very well worn in many locations and the seats in the main show room are in need of recovering. I visited several cabins and the carpet is badly stained in all of them.

There was a very bad musty smell on decks 8,9,10 forward stairwell area.

Smoking is the whole length of the pool deck on one side.

Many signs by the Elevators are in Mandarin only.

Oh yes and western health standards were not enforced at all. They allowed the filling of water bottles and when questioned it was basically that is how it is here in Asia. When a Doctor questioned the Health Standards he was put off the ship in Japan.

Oh yes and western health standards were not enforced at all. They allowed the filling of water bottles and when questioned it was basically that is how it is here in Asia. When a Doctor questioned the Health Standards he was put off the ship in Japan.

How do you know this?

Let's see the onboard shop was on deck 4 and had just a few items, and I do mean a few.

The Food in the Main dining room had a Asian flavour and what western food had no taste.

Carpet is very well worn in many locations and the seats in the main show room are in need of recovering. I visited several cabins and the carpet is badly stained in all of them.

Fascinating ! Same ship , same time frame with two very different opinions .

It confirms my belief that the biggest variable in a cruise is the passenger . :D

I guess some people are pickier than others. Most of those things will very likely change during the cruise. We were on a repositioning from Shanghai to Singapore and the food was by a large majority, Westernised. The smoking area not as big and I agree the shop was smaller but those items that you are used to are generally not purchased by the Asians. I have to say we didn't go forward so can't comment on that but had no issues around midships.

So, what is the issue with the signs in Mandarin? I'm assuming most know how to operate the elevator without needing a sign. :o