The suite life may be over now...

tomcruiser1234

Just to clarify...the Suite life MAY be over...Lol

There are still some deals out there for suites on X but $1500 to $2000 per night per cabin is a bit much.

However even a sky cabin is pushing $700 to $1000 per night on some cruises. We got lucky and got a Royal suite for just under $700 per night for the transpacific cruise from Japan this May but next year they want $12 k for a Sky. Royal were sold out so could not get a price.

Just to clarify...the Suite life MAY be over...Lol

There are still some deals out there for suites on X but $1500 to $2000 per night per cabin is a bit much.

However even a sky cabin is pushing $700 to $1000 per night on some cruises. We got lucky and got a Royal suite for just under $700 per night for the transpacific cruise from Japan this May but next year they want $12 k for a Sky. Royal were sold out so could not get a price.

May not be a route or a ship you want to take, but for Nov. and Dec. of 2018 Infinity has 5 night sailings to Cozumel that right now are $1039 for a Sky Suite—and all 4 perks are included. That's just $208 a night. My wife and I have put down a deposit for one of these cruises for out 25th anniversary. First time ever in a suite for us.

Your comments worry me.

We have only cruised Oceania,since before they owned the line, along with Crystal. Just recently were able to get a PH out of NY on the Summit which eliminates flying for us. Now I worry that we will dislike the ship and the many passengers. We do spend most of our time in the suite if that helps.

Could you please tell us more about why X is no longer for you??

We sail on the Summit every August. The ship, while not new, has been refurbished and is always immaculate. All of the RS and Penthouses have been refurbished as well. The service is excellent on this ship. We are in a Sky Suite and although they haven't been refurbished yet, still manage to have a great time on the ship. We LOVE the Reflection and Silhouette ships and have in addition to those, have future cruises booked on the Eclipse and Edge. We find that the ships work for us. Michael's club and the suite restaurant are excellent. I think you will have a wonderful time! Enjoy your cruise.

Wow,

We have gotten to travel in Suites for the last couple of years and just loved it. However, the cost now has all of a sudden gone through the roof. Celebrity has certainly up the perks but the costs even more...

Were going back to our old reliable Veranda... We can buy our perks for a lot less..

Whats your thoughts????

I've got an S2 booked for Bermuda in August of this year that regretfully need to release back into the market before final payment. When I checked to see about rescheduling for next year, the price was $1100 more for same suite class. That to me is ridiculous. My original booking date was December during $25 deposit days. Not that long ago.

I thought booking cruises so far out (more than a year in advance of August 2018) would net me a great price to replace this year's booking. Not so. :(

I even looked at Anthem but while the fare is lower for a Jr Suite the perks just aren't all there and the lower cost reflects the shorter itinerary.

Our next cruise is on Solstice May 7. We had a Aqua cabin at a good price. Booked early with 1 perk. The Sky Suites were going for $5000 pp for a 10 day cruise. I just did want to pay $1000 per day. Just after final payment I got a S2 for $2866 pp with all 4 perks. I'm think I got a great deal.

I should have asked this earlier, so please forgive me. Did you also receive lots of OBC? The TA I am on soon resulted in 1,100 OBC (Celebrity and TA). Next cruise with all perks and 775 OBC for 10 days ay 7,600 for Greece and Italy... These are all for S1's. Just wondering how these would compare to what you might receive. How much is the suite "contracted rate" worth?

Only OBC was from Go Best, so $300 but to me a fare that saves me $2,500 plus out of pocket is better than $800 OBC. 14 day cruise 7400. These fares aren't always available-like any other deal they come and go and can be offered by TA 1 this month but next month they may have no deals but TA 2 or 3 does. Takes a lot of luck and searching.

Only OBC was from Go Best, so $300 but to me a fare that saves me $2,500 plus out of pocket is better than $800 OBC. 14 day cruise 7400. These fares aren't always available-like any other deal they come and go and can be offered by TA 1 this month but next month they may have no deals but TA 2 or 3 does. Takes a lot of luck and searching.

Wow, that must be a lot of luck and searching. I've never found anything other than standard X fares on any TA site I've been on.

I've got an S2 booked for Bermuda in August of this year that regretfully need to release back into the market before final payment. When I checked to see about rescheduling for next year, the price was $1100 more for same suite class. That to me is ridiculous. My original booking date was December during $25 deposit days. Not that long ago.

I thought booking cruises so far out (more than a year in advance of August 2018) would net me a great price to replace this year's booking. Not so. :(

I even looked at Anthem but while the fare is lower for a Jr Suite the perks just aren't all there and the lower cost reflects the shorter itinerary.

The prices will change (I hope) We booked our next summit cruise on board another celebrity ship and like you said the price for an S1 was about $800 more then I previously paid. However, the price came down a few months later. So I called Celebrity and they changed it. I also got nice onboard credits which they carried over-both on the cruise I was on when I booked the cruise at the inflated price and for the upcoming cruise. We got a great cabin- The one next to the penthouse with a huge marble bathroom. The advantage for us was we got the cabin we wanted. Booking early paid off. If the price didn't come down- we could cancel a few months before the cruise without any penalty.

Having sailed on the Quantum, I wouldn't recommend the Anthem. The Harmony was excellent in contrast.

We were in the Yacht Club on MSC Davina - it was amazing - far better than the Celebrity suites. But the S Class just has amenities/restaurants added on over time. The Yacht Club is designed from the get go to be a separate entity.

Have you sailed in the YC? The prices do look good, but wondered about the experience? Is it similar to X? Am I correct in thinking they match CC status too?

Yes. Once in a regular balcony cabin and three times in the Yacht Club. I priced Yacht Club versus X's suites or NCL's Haven. Much, much, more reasonable. It is true that the general Yacht Club cabin is not any larger than a regular cabin. But the experience in Top Sail, One Pool and Le Muse are wonderful. We are Elite Plus on X and were matched to their highest level, Black. (This is a sore subject for long time loyal members of MSC who don't think its fair that people are being awarded "loyalty" when they've been slowly accruing it for years and I don't blame them...)

I have a cruise booked on their new ship, Seaside. Sometimes its just fun to try a different line. Different decor. Different menus. Different shows.

This does not mean that Celebrity's Solstice Class ships aren't my favorite. They are! And I'm booked on Edge as well. I am only responding to someone who finds X's prices on suites too high. We sail in balcony cabins on X.

Our next cruise is on Solstice May 7. We had a Aqua cabin at a good price. Booked early with 1 perk. The Sky Suites were going for $5000 pp for a 10 day cruise. I just did want to pay $1000 per day. Just after final payment I got a S2 for $2866 pp with all 4 perks. I'm think I got a great deal.

That is a great deal!++ How did you get it? Did Celebrity offer it to you, or did you negotiate for it?

....Having sailed on the Quantum, I wouldn't recommend the Anthem. The Harmony was excellent in contrast.

I thought Quantum was getting mostly good reviews. Would you be willing to say a little about why you didn't like the ship?

That is a great deal!++ How did you get it? Did Celebrity offer it to you, or did you negotiate for it?

I checked Celebrity website just about every other day after final payment. Seeing if the price of Sky Suite have dropped. It did and I call my TA. My TA grabbed a suite for me, then she called Celebrity. My TA took it from there. I still got my OBC for booking on board. I had a A1 cabin with 1 perk and $300 OBC. So I end up with all 4 perks and $300 OBC for booking on board. The cost was $900 more than what I had paid for the Aqua A1 cabin. All I can say is look, look and look some more.

So you can take advantage of lower prices and upgrade your cabin after final payment? They just apply what you've already paid to the new cabin?

We have remained 194 sq ft veranda people since our 1st in 1992. Booked an Aqua one time, because it was on a special @ less than the 1B.

Back to a deck 7 1A angle in Nov with all 4 perks and enough OBC to buy the 10 day speciality dining pkg, and still be a lot less than the cheapest :rolleyes:suite.

That is still almost $300 pp/pd. I recently booked 11 night AQ for $949 pp. About 1/3 the cost!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

No more suites for us with Celebrity. At a minimum of $1200 night per couple in a smaller Sky Suite, it is just too much for the product and space rec'd. Maybe someday we can catch a deal but for now we no longer can.

Your $1200 a night per couple might be correct for certain cruises especially once that have a limited number of Suites available, but it is not even close to being typical. For a 14 day cruise this is closer to the price for a RS category. You might want to look at booking earlier or later.

Edited by jagoffee

We were in the Yacht Club on MSC Davina - it was amazing - far better than the Celebrity suites. But the S Class just has amenities/restaurants added on over time. The Yacht Club is designed from the get go to be a separate entity.

Yes. Once in a regular balcony cabin and three times in the Yacht Club. I priced Yacht Club versus X's suites or NCL's Haven. Much, much, more reasonable. It is true that the general Yacht Club cabin is not any larger than a regular cabin. But the experience in Top Sail, One Pool and Le Muse are wonderful. We are Elite Plus on X and were matched to their highest level, Black. (This is a sore subject for long time loyal members of MSC who don't think its fair that people are being awarded "loyalty" when they've been slowly accruing it for years and I don't blame them...)

I have a cruise booked on their new ship, Seaside. Sometimes its just fun to try a different line. Different decor. Different menus. Different shows.

This does not mean that Celebrity's Solstice Class ships aren't my favorite. They are! And I'm booked on Edge as well. I am only responding to someone who finds X's prices on suites too high. We sail in balcony cabins on X.

Thanks for the responses. So when they quote 'Deluxe Suite' on Seaside in the YC, are they just like regular balconies on X or a little bigger in the cabin area like Sky Suites? The prices for a family travelling together in the YC are around half the price compared to X on a similar itinerary, with the current offer of the drinks packages and free wifi included.

First time in ages I've seriously been looking at other lines. I don't think ship-side has changed their philosophy so I'm not referring to the service onboard, but I do think all the euphoria of 'The Edge' has maybe resulted in Miami perhaps taking their eye off the ball with their landslide (oops, that should be land side - must have been too close to the Edge :p) operations in other areas. After all the recent happenings with X: pax being bumped from sailings 5 days before the cruise; itineraries being cut and pax still waiting for refunds weeks after the cancellation; constant inaccuracies with their website and IT functions (even their posts don't match their attachments); ships allegedly being up for sale; the beginning of the new wave of charters occurring etc., I'm pondering with whether a change may be worth considering? I'm not saying other lines don't have their problems, it's just I'm trying to understand why X appears to have fallen in their standards in quite a few areas so rapidly? Anyway, I've digressed from the topic at hand - nothing new :)- back to suite prices. And thanks again for the feedback on the YC.

[quote name='TommyD3;52864508I recently booked 11 night AQ for $949 pp. About 1/3 the cost!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Tommy' date='

How many weeks before departure did you book your cruise in AQU for 11 nights at $949.00 per person? Was this a Caribbean cruise? They are usually less expensive. Which ship? Did you have any perks for that price?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Jade13

No more suites for us with Celebrity. At a minimum of $1200 night per couple in a smaller Sky Suite, it is just too much for the product and space rec'd. Maybe someday we can catch a deal but for now we no longer can.

I am thinking the cost of an S1 must vary according to ship/itinerary. We booked an aft S1 for a seven night Bermuda run, and we paid a little over half of that per night, per couple with all 4 included perks. Either that or we just got a good deal when we booked.

Tommy,

How many weeks before departure did you book your cruise in AQU for 11 nights at $949.00 per person? Was this a Caribbean cruise? They are usually less expensive. Which ship? Did you have any perks for that price?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He said Equinox Sept 2017 - I don't know how far in advance, but the $949 is now $1949 - a $1000 savings per person