Princess Tote Bags Update

trbarton

I'm guessing the new design will be of the Princess Ocean Medallion. April 24,2017 That's my guess and l'm sticking to it. You seen it here first.:D What do you think? Am I Right or Wrong??

Tony

Whether you're right or wrong, I'm guessing the new design will use cheaper materials and manufacturing. ;)

I'd be happy to have yours. Here where I live it costs 10¢ each for grocery bags (or any other "one use" bag). I use the Princess bags instead. California gets weirder and weirder (and weirder) every day.

Austin, TX has banned plastic bags-----but then it is full of techies who moved here from California. There may be a connection. The motto of Austin is "Keep Austin Weird".

Maybe you could do like me & bring one of the many I have at home? ;)

I might even take a Princess 50th anniversary bag to use.

Even better - take one from another cruise line. :D

I think I'll tuck a Celebrity tote bag in my suitcase for our September Royal Princess Med cruise. :p

We were on the Crown last month for a B2B. We received a bag on both cruises which we added to the large supply we have at home. While our state/city does not require charging for grocery bags, our grocery store does encourage you bringing your own bags which we do. We use special grocery bags which are more durable and easier to carry than the infamous Princess bags but have used them on occasion when needed.

I was on the 5 day cruise with you and had to ask Mr. Steward for a bag. Then I asked for a beach towel to take on a shore excursion and was told I had to go up to the pool area to get it. (Guess who didn't get some extra cash at the end of the cruise :evilsmile: )

Seriously? We leave ours in the cabin drawer. Wouldn't be seen dead with one. So tacky.

We don't use them on a cruise either. We just use them at the grocery store since they charge 10¢ per bag. They work pretty well except for one of the 50th Anniversary bags ripped. It didn't tear at the handles but tore across the bag itself. I would be very self conscious carrying around a Princess bag in port - although I have seen quite a few of them being carried by others.

Seriously? We leave ours in the cabin drawer. Wouldn't be seen dead with one. So tacky.

If you turn them inside out, they're not quite as annoying.

At least the $0.50 ones from the supermarket have a paperboard bottom, so they stand up

while you fill them.

Can't we get back to something important, like butter being only for club class passengers???

They're useful at the smaller South Pacific island ports to carry towels in.

I wouldn't use them at a port with any sort of sizeable town though.

On the Grand in a suite in Feb. and we got the regular blue bag when I asked for the suite bag which is the white and blue stripped bag. Oh well, I use them to give stuff to the Salvation Army, makes a great way to carry stuff to the mobile truck....

I just returned from the April 6 Transatlantic on the Caribbean Princess. The standard blue bag was in my cabin. Good for carrying laundry etc onboard, I don't use them ashore. I have a lovely collection of bags from various cruise lines. I hadn't thought of using them as grocery bags at home--I may try that.

"Tacky" is being the person who won't use reusable bags and instead depletes resources by insisting on single-use plastic bags. There is nothing "tacky" about loading up my groceries into blue Princess bags. Why would that be any more tacky than loading up my groceries into bags that have Trader Joe's or Whole Foods logos on them? I am proud to call Princess my "first choice" cruise line and am certainly not ashamed to walk into my grocery store with tasteful, reusable blue bags.

"Tacky" is being the person who won't use reusable bags and instead depletes resources by insisting on single-use plastic bags. There is nothing "tacky" about loading up my groceries into blue Princess bags. Why would that be any more tacky than loading up my groceries into bags that have Trader Joe's or Whole Foods logos on them? I am proud to call Princess my "first choice" cruise line and am certainly not ashamed to walk into my grocery store with tasteful, reusable blue bags.

Two thumbs up 👍 👍 on reusable bags including Princess ones. Just make sure you wash them frequently. Lots of studies showing how bacteria accumulates which could contaminate your food supply.

Boarded Majestic Princess yesterday1. Got blue bag (room attendant -indicated they got them TODAY.

2. YES, Door tags still present with both name and frequent cruiser status (by color)

3. Ship is beautiful. Love the huge atrium.

4. Was able to get 'all you want' photo package for two week cruise-onboard, not online, for $249, all prints and also memory stick with all.

Even better - take one from another cruise line. :D

I think I'll tuck a Celebrity tote bag in my suitcase for our September Royal Princess Med cruise. :p

I've done that a couple times! The Celebrity tote that I got in a full suite is plain navy blue with no logos on it and it's large with a zipper. Very nice for the beach and not tacky with another cruiseline logo on it. ;)

I was on the 5 day cruise with you and had to ask Mr. Steward for a bag. Then I asked for a beach towel to take on a shore excursion and was told I had to go up to the pool area to get it. (Guess who didn't get some extra cash at the end of the cruise :evilsmile: )

We had the same experience on the Caribbean Princess last month!! Stewart said that they don't let you keep them in the cabins any longer! We had to go up to the pool deck or in the spa dressing rooms to get one. We got some extras to keep in our room to take to the beach, but Stewart took them away!!!! (Someone else didn't get any extra cash at the end of the cruise).

Edited by Go-Bucks!

No reason whatsoever to assume that I use plastic bags, in fact in Penang they are not provided by supermarkets any more and Australia is reducing them slowly. I just wouldn't be seen with a Princess one. Certainly not to the point of caring if the cruise line gives them out or not. But then we are not proud to use Princess, it's just a means of transport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums