Harmony Horrors!!

Ok here it is... my husband is 80 yrs old. He has full dentures. Had a dental procedure the night before cruise so bottom gum was painful. 2nd night after dinner, he took out bottom denture, cleaned it placed it on the sink, we went out to a show, he says oh I forgot it, I say don't worry we're not eating leave it. Returned at 11 pm GONE!! Attendant tossed it in the trash!! Called they say sorry trash got incinerated!!! Next 5 days no teeth!! Couldn't eat anything that wasn't mashed! Pics were ruined! He was embarrassed, and miserable! Housekeeping Sup says we don't pay for lost or stolen!! Was neither, he trashed it!!! He calls in sick next 2 days and doesn't clean our room 2 of the 7 days I have to call for towels!!!Top it all off formal night waitresss spill our champagne all over my gown, have to sit in wet dress all night, husband gets sick from eating freaky food, and miss Mexico excursion we pd for. You tell me was that worth the 4K I paid to celebrate my 30th anniversary!!

I would have grabbed the 50% off next cruise.

Last year i was in the middle of getting tooth implants and there was a big gap where my front teeth were and i couldn't keep a temporary denture in because it was making me want to be sick.

Basically i kept my mouth shut on photos but still put half a stone on during the weeks cruise so didn't stop me eating.

Ok here it is... my husband is 80 yrs old. He has full dentures. Had a dental procedure the night before cruise so bottom gum was painful. 2nd night after dinner, he took out bottom denture, cleaned it placed it on the sink, we went out to a show, he says oh I forgot it, I say don't worry we're not eating leave it. Returned at 11 pm GONE!! Attendant tossed it in the trash!! Called they say sorry trash got incinerated!!! Next 5 days no teeth!! Couldn't eat anything that wasn't mashed! Pics were ruined! He was embarrassed, and miserable! Housekeeping Sup says we don't pay for lost or stolen!! Was neither, he trashed it!!! He calls in sick next 2 days and doesn't clean our room 2 of the 7 days I have to call for towels!!!Top it all off formal night waitresss spill our champagne all over my gown, have to sit in wet dress all night, husband gets sick from eating freaky food, and miss Mexico excursion we pd for. You tell me was that worth the 4K I paid to celebrate my 30th anniversary!!

I will agree with you. That was a horrific experience and I don't blame you at all for being so upset. I'm sorry you had such a disappointing cruise and I hope RCCL works with you to make things right.

How does someone throw away teeth by mistake? Was the attendant blind? Did your husband have them wrapped up in tissues because then I can see how the attendant threw them away by mistake. If they were in a glass or just lying on the counter, there is no excuse.

Here is the answer to your original question:

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact

Ivette Gari

Adjuster, Guest Claims

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

igari@rccl.com

Secondary Contact

Aurora Yera–Rodriguez

Director, Guest Experience

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Carlos Leyva

Chief Guest Experience Officer

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

cleyva@rccl.com

Chief Executive

Michael Bayley

President and CEO

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

mbayley@rccl.com

Edited by Snooksi

Perhaps the denture should have been put back in it's container......I don't even leave my toothbrush laying out on the counter :eek:

Hope this gets resolved. If that's what happened with the denture, I'd be wanting more than 50% too. Not only do you have to pay for the replacement, you have to endure eating babyfood until you get the replacement and yes that's embarrassing. I'd have hid in my room all week if I didn't have my teeth. Than the process of ordering the replacement when you get home. I hope they do right by you.

Perhaps the denture should have been put back in it's container......I don't even leave my toothbrush laying out on the counter :eek:

I don't like to let my toothbrush even touch the counter.:eek:

Circumstances listed you tell me if it deems " head honcho" or not

Please don't be offended by that message or the tone of others. Many people join cruise critic after the fact when a cruise goes bad and the circumstances are sometimes suspect, so people here, including myself get a bit skeptical. Your situation is certainly a first for me. At the very least, it should add to the cruise training material. Now I'm off to read the rest in a less judgemental attitude. Good luck and you will get some less than favorable replies.

I will agree with you. That was a horrific experience and I don't blame you at all for being so upset. I'm sorry you had such a disappointing cruise and I hope RCCL works with you to make things right.

How does someone throw away teeth by mistake? Was the attendant blind? Did your husband have them wrapped up in tissues because then I can see how the attendant threw them away by mistake. If they were in a glass or just lying on the counter, there is no excuse.

My dad used to put his in the glass in the bathroom.

I agree or go straight back to cabin when he realised it was not in.

I agree 50% NC cert is not enough if you are not reimbursed for the cost of the dentures. I don't know what their worth but I have paid that much for a cap.

Problem is proving Housekeeping threw them out. Did they admit to throwing them out?

I think 50% off was a pretty good offer.

Also, whether your cruise was ruined has a lot to do with attitude. You can't control what happened, but you can control how you respond to what happened. It's only ruined if you let it be ruined.

I was on a cruise where a port call was canceled - the water was too rough to run the tenders. There were some people who were furious and spent the day seething over the missed port and excursions. Others took it in stride and had an enjoyable "bonus" day on the ship. It's all up to you.

Although too late for you, this does serve as a good reminder for others.

Don't leave anything of value laying about where someone (i.e. room steward) may mistake it for trash and throw it away.

Valuables in the safe;

Dentures in a denture container.

My parents keep their partials in a glass by the sink; freaky to come across in the middle of the night but it does keep them safe. ;p

Which of course meant he had to "eat" the freaky mashed Mexican food.

You make no sense!! I think you need another drink ocean boy!! We don't eat Mexican food by the way.. you know a coworker told me how great this site is... I guess you get all kinds

I know. It is just an advise as unfortunately I am too familiar with this issue.

However I somehow was able to predict what could 've happened if dentures were not handled properly.

Besides, ship moves, and they can break if just left on the counter.

What an experience! Your cruise was absolutely not a relaxing or enjoyable experience. Hope you can get some resolution. Probably the 50% is going to be about as good as it gets. I'd want them to pay for the dentures!

A coworker told me about this site, said it's great, informational and I should ask the question to you all.... after some of these responses I'm not so sure... if you don't have any information for me keep your wisecracks to yourself please.. I'm sure if my story happened to any of you, you'd be furious, just as much as us!

A coworker told me about this site, said it's great, informational and I should ask the question to you all.... after some of these responses I'm not so sure... if you don't have any information for me keep your wisecracks to yourself please.. I'm sure if my story happened to any of you, you'd be furious, just as much as us!

You might get a response from the company if you post on their FB site.

SO sorry that has happened to your husband. Can totally understand you both being very upset and putting a downer on your cruise. It's easy for others to say 'just put it away in a container' or 'should have returned to your stateroom'. But it's not like he left it on the pool deck. This was in your stateroom for the week. It should have been safe. Obviously it was an honest mistake but still...and especially on such a special cruise.

I am very sorry for the problems you have experienced. I have been a RN for decades and losing someone's dentures is a horrible process. They are extremely expensive and a very timely procedure to replace. I believe the room attendant was careless in his cleaning procedures. I don't know or care if they were placed in a container - common sense says they are not trash. The surgical site is also more stable and has improved healing when the dentures are in place - it can be painful but they will heal more quickly. Patsy451 - this was a mistake but could have been anywhere - best example of how a little customer service would have been better than a bribe. Had the attendant personally apologized and the cruise line reimbursed the cost of the dentures - I am guessing things would have been different. Not everyone is looking for a free cruise - just some acknowledgment and sympathy. Hopefully you can start planning for your next anniversary!!