Passport renewals

clemmtd

I applied for myself and my daughter (minor....she's 11) - mine was a renewal, and my daughter's was completely expired. Both applications sent in on April 1st, non expedited. Got mine back on April 19th and got hers back on May 10th.

And FYI - the status link for checking passport status is fairly useless. :-(

We did the same this past fall. We got ours back exactly 2 weeks after we sent it in.

We filled out the forms online and then printed them. It may have been overkill :D but I even wrote seperate checks for each of us and sent them in seperate envelopes :)

I did the same thing. Not taking any chances. It took about a month for ours. Got the new ones this past Saturday in the mail.

Same experience as others on here. 2 adults 2 kids. 1 adult only needed to renew, 3 others applied for new passports. The 3 new passports arrived in exactly 2 weeks. Still waiting for the 1 renewal. It's been 4 weeks so far. This was all done at our local post office by appointment. Non-expedited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Applied for new passports for both my daughters at the same post office at the same time. In fact, I know the same Passport agent processed them because he had to call me because there was a question about how their pictures might have been switched on accident at the post office. Tells me I will get them in a couple weeks. I get one daughters 4 days later. My other daughter's didn't come for 6 weeks! All this was normal processing.

I just sent mine in for a renewal/name change and send it express mail and chose expedite. We will see how long this takes. Hopefully not too long since I leave in 24 days and they refused to let me make an appt to do it at the passport office because I was still to far out. Ug.

We renewed ours this year - took about 3 weeks - normal processing. We had the pics taken at Walmart, filled out the forms, 2 separate checks. No appointment needed for our renewals - we didn't know that until we got to the post office and read the sign. It was fine, though, because we wanted to get delivery notification anyway. The lady at the counter reviewed simply to make sure we had all the necessary items there.

Just did a renewal. Printed the forms online, had pics taken at the local Walgreen's (BTW, you only need to send one even though they will print 2 pictures) and mailed from the local post office, regular mail. Received back in 10 days.

In the San Antonio area, you have to make an appointment with the post office. You just cannot walk in. And not every post office handles passports.

There are frequently other offices in the area that do not require appointments. Use this link to find one: https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/

In San Antonio, The General Mail Facility, Bexar County Clerk, San Antonio Office of the City Clerk, and the Office of the Clerk-Municipal Archives and Records do not require appointments, according to the website.

Just did a renewal. Printed the forms online, had pics taken at the local Walgreen's (BTW, you only need to send one even though they will print 2 pictures) and mailed from the local post office, regular mail. Received back in 10 days.

If everything is submitted correctly, the average turn around time is 12-16 days.

If your photos and/or paperwork is not correct it can take a lot longer.

Our last ones were back in 15 days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two things i learned (1) if passport expires in six months you cannot enter in carnival but funny in long run it showed up. Safer to get new one. (2) at check in in miama for vista they scan passport..that picture is one imbedded in sign and sail card. I paid to expedite because crush of renewals coming and because it got my wife off my back for almost letting it lapse.

the wait for our appointment at our local post office took longer than the actual renewal of ours

our post office appointment was 5 weeks out for soonest available appointment

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm curious as to why you used post office, especially if wait was that long. We printed form from online, had passport photos taken at AAA, put forms and photos into an envelope with payment, and put it in mail from our home.

I'm curious as to why you used post office, especially if wait was that long. We printed form from online, had passport photos taken at AAA, put forms and photos into an envelope with payment, and put it in mail from our home.

Me too, fill out form online, print it and get pictures taken at AAA and mail it in.

You don't need to have an in person interview unless your expired passport is more than 5 yrs or unless you are renewing kids under 16.

Just curious if anyone has any experience on passport renewals

Wondering how long it is taking to receive them. Thanks

Tara

For the past two to three years renewal times have been running between 2 and 4 weeks, without expedited service. Reports are that most arrive in about 17 - 19 days.

If you reread the State Dept. Instructions, it states that it is strongly recommended that you use traceable posting (e.g., certified mail), which requires a trip to the post office for most folks.

Please forgive me if you read this on a previous thread. I replied to it before I saw this one.

As I stated, we sent in our checks and applications on April 15th. I received mine a little over a week ago and my wife received hers yesterday.

My sister-in-law works at a passport processing center. She says the president's proposed budget has a 38% cut for the Department of State under which passport processing falls. I shall leave it to you folks to decide if that is a good or a bad thing and what impact it may have on processing times in the future.

Please forgive me if you read this on a previous thread. I replied to it before I saw this one.

As I stated, we sent in our checks and applications on April 15th. I received mine a little over a week ago and my wife received hers yesterday.

My sister-in-law works at a passport processing center. She says the president's proposed budget has a 38% cut for the Department of State under which passport processing falls. I shall leave it to you folks to decide if that is a good or a bad thing and what impact it may have on processing times in the future.

Which is one of the reasons we renewed early (also we've got a couple of 2018 cruises booked where one or both of us would've been within six months of passport expiration before finishing our international travel).