Nieuw Statendam - I'm Booked, Are You?

Many HAL Chrsitenings in the past were held in n Port Everglades. It is the recent ones with Dutch Royal Family participating that have been held in Netherlands.

However, those recent ships have also started their cruising lives in Europe, as will the Nieuw Statendam. I would expect that ship to be christened in Europe as well for that reason.

I booked the April 14th 2019 ...eastern Caribbean cruise! Chose a cabin on deck 7 overlooking the bow (pointed end of the ship��). Looking forward to this ship....she looks lovely. In the meantime its onto the Rotterdam Jan 2018.......less bells and whistles but more my style.

I look forward to meeting fellow CC members on my sailing.

Tom

[quote[ Cruiser Bruiser

Glad to be of service, Priscilla. 17 nights in the Caribbean sounds perfectly delightful

Ruth, Which is it? First cruises in Europe? Is it Caribbean as mentioned here, Key West or Europe? Both cannot be correct.

Ruth, Which is it? First cruises in Europe? Is it Caribbean as mentioned here, Key West or Europe? Both cannot be correct.

NS sails from Rome on December 5, 2018 on a TA to FLL. The other European ports are Cartagena and Malaga. HAL is calling it the Premiere Voyage.

NS sails from Rome on December 5, 2018 on a TA to FLL. The other European ports are Cartagena and Malaga. HAL is calling it the Premiere Voyage.

Okay.... :) So what was your post regarding 17 days in the C aribbean a bout and mention of Key West by someone else ?

B eats me why I care as I have no interest. in any early sailing of NS If choose to sail her i t will be after she has been in service for a while. I think it best to give the crew time to mesh, gel a nd get a working rhytmn going.

I would be cautious about booking February 2019. The possibility of a RSVP charter is very real.

I saw that the Feb. 3 date is not showing a cruise, so that one might already be chartered.

I thought the christening cruises were always in Holland ? If so that would probably put it at Spring/Summer 2019

Noordam was c hristened February 2006 in New York C ity. I was there :)

I thought the christening cruises were always in Holland ? If so that would probably put it at Spring/Summer 2019

My understanding is that ships are christened in the area where they are sailing at the time. I'm not sure what the Noordam christening, so long ago, has to do with this ship.

My understanding is that ships are christened in the area where they are sailing at the time. I'm not sure what the Noordam christening, so long ago, has to do with this ship.

True. January '06, I believe. More than a decade ago. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay.... :) So what was your post regarding 17 days in the C aribbean a bout and mention of Key West by someone else ?

Beats me why I care as I have no interest. in any early sailing of NS If choose to sail her i t will be after she has been in service for a while. I think it best to give the crew time to mesh, gel and get a working rhythm going.

I believe you are thinking of the 18-DAY PREMIERE VOYAGE & BAHAMAS COLLECTOR. (Capitalization is HAL's; I copied and pasted.) The four-night Bahamas collector, which visits Key West and GSC, was my original booking. I subsequently moved to a seven-night Eastern Caribbean to lower the cost per night and maximize my enjoyment.

I understand what you're saying about letting the work flow set in. That's another benefit of my deciding to wait until four months of service have elapsed. That said, I'm hoping HAL cut its teeth, so to speak, with Koningsdam and that things will "gel" very quickly on NS.

:cool:Is there any more of you booked to cruise on the Neiuw Statendam?

If so, I hope that you are as excited as me.

Sandra

I am on for two weeks in January and will be conducting a thorough review both in word and photographs. My goal is to capture as many stateroom photographs as possible during my :"in-transit" early reboarding time. On Locations will be scanned and available for all to see.

While on board, I plan on seeking answers for questions posed by subsequent cruisers on the NS.

After reviewing the price changes for the initial Konigsdam cruises, I found a nice pattern of price drops as the cruise dates approached.

Enjoy your cruise planning.

I am on for two weeks in January and will be conducting a thorough review both in word and photographs. My goal is to capture as many stateroom photographs as possible during my :"in-transit" early reboarding time. On Locations will be scanned and available for all to see.

While on board, I plan on seeking answers for questions posed by subsequent cruisers on the NS.

After reviewing the price changes for the initial Konigsdam cruises, I found a nice pattern of price drops as the cruise dates approached.

Enjoy your cruise planning.

Looking forward to it. And very timely for my April sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

It took a while to find this thread....persistence baby! I had booked the April 14, 2019 cruise in a window cabin on deck 7 for @ $2400. I cancelled the cruise in October and made other cruise plans. But I enjoyed the Rotterdam so much this past January, I stared thinking about the Nieuw Statendam again. So I moved the Ncl Bliss back to late January and looked for a good week for a HAL cruise...

I chose April 14th not realizing it was the same sailing I had originally booked last year.....duh.

But here is what amazes me....the price. The original booking was for an outside on deck 7 overlooking the bow....for $2400 ( a single cruiser). Now I have a balcony on the Sun deck! Price is @ $ 800 less than the original cabin!!!

I don’t know about you....but $800 is a big difference....will cover onboard expenses......as I owe Cruise Bruiser a beverage or two or three.

So as once said in a movie long ago.....”Im back”

It took a while to find this thread....persistence baby! I had booked the April 14, 2019 cruise in a window cabin on deck 7 for @ $2400. I cancelled the cruise in October and made other cruise plans. But I enjoyed the Rotterdam so much this past January, I stared thinking about the Nieuw Statendam again. So I moved the Ncl Bliss back to late January and looked for a good week for a HAL cruise...

I chose April 14th not realizing it was the same sailing I had originally booked last year.....duh.

But here is what amazes me....the price. The original booking was for an outside on deck 7 overlooking the bow....for $2400 ( a single cruiser). Now I have a balcony on the Sun deck! Price is @ $ 800 less than the original cabin!!!

I don’t know about you....but $800 is a big difference....will cover onboard expenses......as I owe Cruise Bruiser a beverage or two or three.

So as once said in a movie long ago.....”Im back” ������

In January, I booked a veranda stateroom for the first two 7 day cruises after Nieuw Statendam's New Year's cruise. Recently, my travel agent discovered that the price had dropped by $1800! I had to give up some small on-board credit and the small deposit became non-refundable. Since I already have the cruises covered with travel insurance, that did not make any difference. Truly surprised at this development, but very welcome indeed!

We are for about 35 day's

Marty and Gail

Hi, Gail & Marty. We’re currently on the Volendam but are booked for the inaugural cruise from Civitavecchia to Fll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...