Water

I always put a case of water in my carry on rolling bag. Will I have trouble getting it on the harmony?

Though it's technically prohibited, it's usually allowed. They tend to enforce the prohibition more during the spring break period.

Canaveral

Reason I ask is that we are going on Oasis soon and usually try to bring a case of water. Was your water inside a piece of luggage?

Edited by clarea

We were told that they would no longer deliver the case, so we just put it on top of the rollaboard and wheeled it to our cabin. We didn't want to take a chance of it not being in our cabin, and having to buy water all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't know if Canaveral has different rules from Everglades, but fur Oasis at Everglades last June we taped a luggage tag to a case of water and gave it to a porter. It was delivered quicker than our luggage. Cruise before that we put it in a rolling duffel bag, no problem with delivery.

Maybe things have changed since then. If you do what we did, buy Walmart's cheapest water, you'll only be out a little money if you don't get it. And the water tasted exactly like Zephyr Springs, Poland Springs, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No last year you where allowed to bring it on board. No enforcement. The rules have changed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope for years water has not been allowed to be brought on board, it is the enforcement that is consistently inconsistent!;)

Nope for years water has not been allowed to be brought on board, it is the enforcement that is consistently inconsistent!;)

One of the few consistencies about Royal is there inconsistency.

Since ship's water is generally better than most bottled water, many CC members have found unless they can't drink ship's water for some specific reason, there are easier ways to have cold water available. Like a portable Brita or other refillable jug kept in the fridge.

Since ship's water is generally better than most bottled water, many CC members have found unless they can't drink ship's water for some specific reason, there are easier ways to have cold water available. Like a portable Brita or other refillable jug kept in the fridge.

Really, it tastes better? Love the portable Brita or refillable jug idea!

Really, it tastes better?

Well, taste is a matter of... err... taste, I guess. Tastes fine to me as long as it's cold. I was more referring to the other stuff in the water besides water (which does affect the taste), which is the reason many people I have asked prefer bottled water.

Avoid the hassle of dragging a case of water on board. The shipboard water tastes great. I actually took a case with me. On the day we were loading our stuff out from the car to grab the luggage for the shuttle to the pier, the case of water fell apart and I looked like a fool trying to gather rolling bottles from the sidewalk; it ended up staying in the trunk.

We took along two cheap water bottles from walmart and got glasses of water from the bars, filled them up ourselves. Great cruise and no case of water.