Dress policy help

golfer1903

Ok it's been a few years since I cruised on carnival.

One reason we went elsewhere was because of formal nite.

It's just not our thing we dress up all year for work the last thing we wanna do is bring dress clothes on vacation.

Just our preference maynot be yours but it's what we like.

Anyway

On non formal nite we used to wear men. Docker shorts and a tee it golf shirt with color and sandles or sneeker

Ladies shirts and sandles not flip flops and different type of tops spagetti stra. Tee kinda tops.

I'm being told this attire is no longer able to be worn either. Must be pants and collor shirts.

Is this true.

And what is policy for formal nite also

Please do not give your opinion on what it should be I need to know what it actually is. And if your a dress downer like me what you actually wear.

Also. I was told I could order the same dinning room food on the lido deck??

I thought that was the buffet. How do you get the same dinning room food there

Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Please do not give your opinion on what it should be I need to know what it actually is..."

Then you should only go by the policy on Carnival's website. Look it up. People will tell you all kinds of things because sometimes some people get away with certain things and other people will have a different experience.

"Also. I was told I could order the same dinning room food on the lido deck?? I thought that was the buffet. How do you get the same dinning room food there"

Because it is many of the same food ITEMS, only they are served buffet-style at the buffet.

I can't find it on web site that's why I asking.

Also it was a carnival employee that told me about the food and I said from the buffet and they stated no you order which dinner you want but I never knew you could do this

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/~/what-to-wear---evenings

Nope on the food thing. I have no idea who you talked to but they either misspoke or there was some other kind of communication problem.

Depending on the ship (I don't think you said which one) and if it has the 2.0 upgrades, you will most likely always have decent options other than the dining room. Although I will not give you specific advice on exactly what you can and cannot wear, especially after how you phrased the question, I am confused by what you are really saying in your original post. Consensus has been they are getting more lax regarding attire in general, not really more strict.

WHAT TO WEAR - DAYTIME

Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest the following:

• Shorts and capris
  • Tee shirts, polo shirts, blouses and tops (short sleeved or sleeveless)
  • khakis and Jeans
  • Summer dresses
  • Sweaters (for indoor, air-conditioned public areas)
  • Work-out gear for the fitness center
  • Bathing suits and cover up (for pools, beaches, water attractions and snorkeling)
  • For cooler weather, clothing that can be layered
  • Hat or visor (for outdoor use, to protect yourself from the sun)
  • Comfortable shoes, sneakers, sandals and flip-flops. We suggest rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction. Select shore excursions may require closed-toe shoes. The use of any footwear with wheels is prohibited on board our ships.

The Lido Restaurant is open daily for breakfast and lunch and has a more relaxed dress code than the Main Dining Room(s); however, shirts, bathing suit cover ups and footwear (including flip-flops) must be worn at all times.

Visiting Ports - What to Wear and Pack

Please note that in some ports of call, that it is against the law for anyone, including children, to dress in army-style camouflage clothing or carry items made with camouflage material. These ports include: Barbados, Dominica and Grenada.

Caribbean Cruises: For details on what to pack, click here.

Mexican Riviera and Baja Mexico Cruises: For details on what to pack, click here.

Canada and New England Cruises: Sweaters, lightweight jackets and raincoats are suggested. Casual clothes that can be layered easily are highly recommended. For more details on what to pack, click here.

Alaska Cruises: Sweaters, lightweight jackets and raincoats are suggested. Casual clothes that can be layered easily are highly recommended. Bring a heavier sweater if you are traveling to the glaciers along with a raincoat and umbrella because it is often cold and windy in such areas. Select excursions may require closed-toe shoes. For more details on what to pack, click here.

Hawaii Cruises: For details on what to pack, click here.

Europe Cruises: Comfortable shoes and a just-in-case raincoat. It is essential that you wear the proper apparel when visiting the Vatican and other religious sites - legs and shoulders must be covered. Select excursions may require closed-toe shoes. For more details on what to pack, click here.

Australia cruises: Australia has completely opposite seasons than North America, so when it is summer in the U.S, it is winter in Australia. So keep that in mind as you choose the time of the year to cruise and pack appropriately. Comfortable shoes and layers are suggested. For more details on what to pack, follow this link - https://help.carnival.com.au/app/home.

WHAT TO WEAR - EVENINGS

Most evenings we have a 'Cruise Casual' dress code but there are those 'Cruise Elegant' evenings one or two nights throughout the voyage where guests will have the opportunity to showcase their more elegant attire.

Lido Restaurant

For those who want casual attire for dinner, the Lido Restaurant is open nightly and has a more relaxed theme. Daytime Attire may be worn.

The Steakhouse

The dress requirements for the Steakhouse follows the dress code specified for the Main Dining Room(s); if the evening is specified as 'Cruise Casual', shorts are not permitted.

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Evenings / Formal Nights

The length of the cruise determines the number of 'Cruise Elegant' evenings in the Dining Room. The first 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd evening of the cruise and the second 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd evening prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening
  • 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

We sailed on the freedom last September and I can tell you that you don't have to dress up for formal nights. One night was a Sunday night and I wore my packer jersey and pants and nobody said anything to me.. except for my wife.. and I did wear shorts to the MDR a few nights with a collared shirts and nothing was said. From what I understand is as for MDR no flip flops and no sleeveless shirts. So I would say you guys would be fine all week with what you posted you would wear

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To the OP since you're a golfer I will put it in golfers terms. Dress as you would on the golf course, assuming you do not wear a T playing golf. On Elegant night dress like it's a cold day on the golf course, wearing long slacks, leave your golf shoes at home. I have not packed a jacket or tie for years. You can not order MDR meals in the buffet.

On conquest we will be sailing.

What other things are open for dinner that are not an extra fee.

I love guys and blue iguania but they are closed by dinner.

We never really cared much for the buffet can't say why just never had. Main dinning has always been good.

I do wear t shirts when it's really hot on the course as long as it's a local place .

Thanks for the reference advice.

Would like to try the food on elegent nite . Hey what about shoes. On elegant. Tennis shoes ok?

Tennis shoes are not specifically prohibited on elegant evening. The standard however is "dress slacks" (which at a minimum would be dockers) and a "dress shirt." Contrary to what many think, a polo is not a "dress shirt." A dress shirt is just that...typically a long sleeve shirt, with or without a button down collar and made to wear with a tie. Technically Hawaiian shirts dont even comply with the definition of a dress shirt. So if you are willing to wear kakhis, a dress shirt and tennis shoes, go for it.

As someone who dressed for years, then you should know what a dress shirt is...it would be shirts that attorneys wear to court. Polos would be worn with kakhis on business casual days. And in neither do I see men wearing tennis shoes.

But again...not prohibited.

For what it's worth my DH has purchased a pair of very soft, comfy black slip on shoes that work well for flying (no laces to tie) and all dinners. He packs a pair of boat or tennis shoes to wear in the day. It takes zero effort and he looks appropriate under the description provided.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed on the freedom last September and I can tell you that you don't have to dress up for formal nights. One night was a Sunday night and I wore my packer jersey and pants and nobody said anything to me.. except for my wife.. and I did wear shorts to the MDR a few nights with a collared shirts and nothing was said. From what I understand is as for MDR no flip flops and no sleeveless shirts. So I would say you guys would be fine all week with what you posted you would wear

You wore a packers jersey on elegant night? !?! That does not meet the dress code as stated, so please don't encourage the OP to disregard the rules.

Question - why not just dress appropriately for dinner and then change into the jersey after dinner for the bar?

You wore a packers jersey on elegant night? !?! That does not meet the dress code as stated, so please don't encourage the OP to disregard the rules.

Question - why not just dress appropriately for dinner and then change into the jersey after dinner for the bar?

I had a collared shirt under it and I wore it cause they were on that night! And packer game day is a whole day thing. Gotta be a packer fan to understand that part I guess.

I was simply stating that you don't have to wear a suit on formal night

I had a collared shirt under it and I wore it cause they were on that night! And packer game day is a whole day thing. Gotta be a packer fan to understand that part I guess.

Oh - you mean the fans that walk around with a block of foam shaped into cheese on their heads???:')

So question...if you were going to court on Monday, and the Packers played on Monday night, would you have worn your packers jersey over top of your collared shirt????

"I'm sorry your honor...I know I don't comply with the court's dress code but you gotta be a packers fan to understand.."

I have seen every type of clothing on every night on my cruises. On casual nights my husband and son usually wear a nice pair of khakis and a button down shirt and a nice pair of shoes. I opt for black capris and a nice top and sandals or slip ons. On formal night I will do a maxi skirt or maxi dress, they will wear black pants and a nice shirt. We don't do elegant like gowns or suits, it's just not our thing.

Oh - you mean the fans that walk around with a block of foam shaped into cheese on their heads???:')

So question...if you were going to court on Monday, and the Packers played on Monday night, would you have worn your packers jersey over top of your collared shirt????

"I'm sorry your honor...I know I don't comply with the court's dress code but you gotta be a packers fan to understand.."

Wow, comparing cruise ship dining to a courtroom... goodness.

I have NO issue with the Packers jersey. Have at it!

As for the OP, nobody really cares how you dress for the most part in the dining room. Wear shoes, not flip flops, shorts, and a shirt with sleeves. I like the comparison to the golf course. Shoes, dockers shorts, polo shirt. On formal night, maybe throw a pair of pants on instead of shorts. It's really a non-issue. None of us dress up at all and I'd say much less than half of the dining room really gets "formal" on formal night.

Casual Nights = shorts, polo or Tommy Bahama style shirt and boat shoes/sandals.

Cruise Elegant = khakis, shirt and shoes choices described above.

I (and a bunch of others) have worn that for years.

As for the OP, nobody really cares how you dress for the most part in the dining room. Wear shoes, not flip flops, shorts, and a shirt with sleeves.

The above truncated post is exactly right. About 7-8 people "car" here in their replies.

I'd rather be dressed casual and enjoy a meal with others doing the same than sit with someone in slacks and a tie worried about what the guy (or gal) that won the hairy chest contest comes wearing to the dining room...

we sailed on the freedom last september and i can tell you that you don't have to dress up for formal nights. One night was a sunday night and i wore my packer jersey and pants and nobody said anything to me.. Except for my wife.. And i did wear shorts to the mdr a few nights with a collared shirts and nothing was said. From what i understand is as for mdr no flip flops and no sleeveless shirts. So i would say you guys would be fine all week with what you posted you would wear

sent from my iphone using forums

go pack go!!!!!!!!!!

Live in Green Bay, huge Packer fan and no way would I allow my hubby to wear his packer gear to dinner. Just saying. They do make some nice Packer ties that could have gone with it though. :)

It is so funny when people quote the carnival page on what or what not to wear.

I wear flip flops and shorts to every dinner but the steakhouse or "Elegant Night" most of the time. I have worn jeans a polo and flip flops to elegant night before with no problem. I know some have said that the dress code is enforced but I have never seen anyone turned away. "Now I have also never seen someone come to dinner in a bathing suit also."

While your choose of team is off here I have had a Seahawks Jersey on for dinner, so no judging here.

It's just not our thing we dress up all year for work the last thing we wanna do is bring dress clothes on vacation.

Anyway

On non formal nite we used to wear men. Docker shorts and a tee it golf shirt with color and sandles or sneeker

Ladies shirts and sandles not flip flops and different type of tops spagetti stra. Tee kinda tops.

I'm being told this attire is no longer able to be worn either. Must be pants and collor shirts.

Is this true.

Please do not give your opinion on what it should be I need to know what it actually is. And if your a dress downer like me what you actually wear.

Thanks

Anything goes.

Anyway

Is this true.

Thanks

I see you mentioned the ladies wore shirts and sandles.

They must also wear something to cover some of the bottom half like skorts, skirts, or shorts.;p

Bill