Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

Did you not read the post above yours in which I said my friend called and he ordered just for him..His wife did not have to order as she does not drink. Doesn't look like any forcing to me. This if for a January '18 cruise.

Why yes I did read it and that cruise, 2 posts up, is already booked. However, for those that book on January 1 2018 and after, the rules will be different from what I am reading from those that are more informed than others.

Why yes I did read it and that cruise, 2 posts up, is already booked. However, for those that book on January 1 2018 and after, the rules will be different from what I am reading from those that are more informed than others.
It is not about when you book, it has to do when you sail. After 1-1-18, you have to book for all adults unless you have one of their started reasons.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

my cruise is in 89 Days. From my CC family, I learned that there might have been a sale on the internet package, which I need for school and something about the drink package. I already learned of the dreaded change in the drink package specs that all in the cabin 21 and over must buy it for cruises beginning 2018. Anyway, I looked it up online for my cruise and sure enough, it was there. The deluxe beverage package and internet for $49/day! But, there’s always a catch, right!? It did not permit me to just get it for me. So I called. I spoke to a nice rep and explained our situation. Mom just can’t drink due to special medical issues and daughter HATES HATES HATES liquor (I can’t believe she’s my child)! The rep singled me out and I was able to get it just for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

my cruise is in 89 Days. From my CC family, I learned that there might have been a sale on the internet package, which I need for school and something about the drink package. I already learned of the dreaded change in the drink package specs that all in the cabin 21 and over must buy it for cruises beginning 2018. Anyway, I looked it up online for my cruise and sure enough, it was there. The deluxe beverage package and internet for $49/day! But, there’s always a catch, right!? It did not permit me to just get it for me. So I called. I spoke to a nice rep and explained our situation. Mom just can’t drink due to special medical issues and daughter HATES HATES HATES liquor (I can’t believe she’s my child)! The rep singled me out and I was able to get it just for me!

u

Did the drink internet combo on May Harmony sailing. Call your cell provider and get wifi calling activated. Loved it!

The ability to use all functions on your phone (calling, SMS & MMS texting) using only a WiFI connection, with no cellular connection.

My i6 has wifi cellular capabilities and it worked PERFECT! My version charged like 40 bucks for 100 roaming mins and so many texts or 10 dollars a day unlimited. I didn't need it with the pkg on ship. Simply shut off cell data when leaving port and leave phone on it picked up all wifi available on ship and at sea and ZERO cell charges....and phone calls were crystal clear!

My i6 has wifi cellular capabilities and it worked PERFECT! My version charged like 40 bucks for 100 roaming mins and so many texts or 10 dollars a day unlimited. I didn't need it with the pkg on ship. Simply shut off cell data when leaving port and leave phone on it picked up all wifi available on ship and at sea and ZERO cell charges....and phone calls were crystal clear!

Verizon does not have cruise ship packages, the packages you describe are for in port, not on the ship. Verizon charges $2.99/min for cellular calls on a cruise ship. Texts are 50 cents and 5 cents (send/receive).

Verizon does not have cruise ship packages, the packages you describe are for in port, not on the ship. Verizon charges $2.99/min for cellular calls on a cruise ship. Texts are 50 cents and 5 cents (send/receive).

When you call Verizon or log into account that is the "travel pass" that are good in ports....no US. 5 bucks Canada and Mexico a day and only billed if used in 24 hour period. It's 10 in other countries. They have a "pay go" plan that includes cruise ships. Which is what you are referring to. They also have a 25 and 40 a month pkgs 40 a month give you 100 talk mins 100 text out unlimited in and 100mb data. The 25 makes talk 1.79 .50 sent and .05 received texts and also 100mb. The unlimited wifi added 6 bucks to my beverage pkg.

FYI - if you cruise on or after December 31, 2017 and one person in your cabin buys the alcohol package, all adults in that cabin will be required to buy one as well. I spoke to a "resolution manager" with RCL today as we are cruising on Oasis in a couple weeks and on the Rhapsody in January. My husband always bought the beer package, however beginning December 31, 2017, fleet wide, if one person in the cabin buys the alcohol package, all adults in that cabin over 21 are required to buy (even if they don't drink). Does not matter to RCL if the other adult is a non-drinker. I explained to the resolution manager that I have a medical condition and explained to the "resolution manager " what is was and that it does not allow me to drink......does not matter. So much for the "exceptions" that I saw on one website of pregnant; medical condition; personal preference and/or religion. Needless to say, even though we are Diamond Plus, Rhapsody will be our last cruise. Thanks for the compassion RCL...NOT!

FYI - if you cruise on or after December 31, 2017 and one person in your cabin buys the alcohol package, all adults in that cabin will be required to buy one as well. I spoke to a "resolution manager" with RCL today as we are cruising on Oasis in a couple weeks and on the Rhapsody in January. My husband always bought the beer package, however beginning December 31, 2017, fleet wide, if one person in the cabin buys the alcohol package, all adults in that cabin over 21 are required to buy (even if they don't drink). Does not matter to RCL if the other adult is a non-drinker. I explained to the resolution manager that I have a medical condition and explained to the "resolution manager " what is was and that it does not allow me to drink......does not matter. So much for the "exceptions" that I saw on one website of pregnant; medical condition; personal preference and/or religion. Needless to say, even though we are Diamond Plus, Rhapsody will be our last cruise. Thanks for the compassion RCL...NOT!

Just a fyi.

There no longer is a beer package.

Bill

When you call Verizon or log into account that is the "travel pass" that are good in ports....no US. 5 bucks Canada and Mexico a day and only billed if used in 24 hour period. It's 10 in other countries. They have a "pay go" plan that includes cruise ships. Which is what you are referring to. They also have a 25 and 40 a month pkgs 40 a month give you 100 talk mins 100 text out unlimited in and 100mb data. The 25 makes talk 1.79 .50 sent and .05 received texts and also 100mb. The unlimited wifi added 6 bucks to my beverage pkg.

I feel like I've read this "add on to beverage package somewhere else before" Please clarify, if you get the unlimited beverage package, there is a deal where you can also get internet for a reduced price?

I feel like I've read this "add on to beverage package somewhere else before" Please clarify, if you get the unlimited beverage package, there is a deal where you can also get internet for a reduced price?

RCI called it Sip and Stream. You get a break if you buy both. Like all promotions, availability comes and goes.

I guess posting in one thread is not enough.

And I find it amazing that a Diamond Plus does not know to call an hour later and get a different answer.

Especially with something different or new (word does not get around quickly).

And I find it amazing that a Diamond Plus does not know to call an hour later and get a different answer.

Especially with something different or new (word does not get around quickly).

No need to wait an hour. Speed dial will usually suffice for a different answer.

Just call back and get another rep. I called once and my issue was immediately resolved. Mom CAN’T drink, and my daughter just DOESN’T drink. She won’t touch it. I’m not sure what he did, but he pressed the button and the drink package is all mine

When you call you'll get one of 3 locations. Miami, West Coast (Oregon I think) or Honduras (or somewhere in Central America) it is not uncommon to call 3 times and get the three different locations. My first two questions when someone answers is where are you located and how many sailings have you been on? West coasts answers are usually "none". They usually end up asking me questions. Lol. You are the only one I've heard of being told "no"! I call the c&a number and booked the sip and stream for of our sailings after the first of the year. I just said Heather can't have more than one or two glasses of wine a day due to meds. I was never questioned

When you call you'll get one of 3 locations. Miami, West Coast (Oregon I think) or Honduras (or somewhere in Central America) it is not uncommon to call 3 times and get the three different locations. My first two questions when someone answers is where are you located and how many sailings have you been on? West coasts answers are usually "none". They usually end up asking me questions. Lol. You are the only one I've heard of being told "no"! I call the c&a number and booked the sip and stream for of our sailings after the first of the year. I just said Heather can't have more than one or two glasses of wine a day due to meds. I was never questioned

Springfield, Oregon

Guatemala.

[emoji4]